• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Is it possible that they are doing movies involving the different timelines introduced in EG?

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I wish there was one more Hulk vs Thanos fight during the big epic battle, like a personal fight. I would of loved it and that Hulk is so pissed at what happened that he turns back into the barbaric, animal Hulk while kicking Thanos' ass.
First time watching it I actually had a smile on my face when after the explosions it was revealed Hulk was holding up the debris near Rhodey and Rocket as I assumed he was about to do something awesome to get out of there, reverting to savage Hulk or something. I still liked the moment when Ant-Man goes to make the save but opening night I was a little disappointed how that moment played out.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Finally watched it.

What a perfect ending. Both Captain and Tony finally at peace, after all the bullshit they've been through.

I wish there was one more Hulk vs Thanos fight during the big epic battle, like a personal fight. I would of loved it and that Hulk is so pissed at what happened that he turns back into the barbaric, animal Hulk while kicking Thanos' ass.

For reals... all big 3 (iron man, cap and thor) went out in the best way possible. It's going to be super hard to find as charismatic actors as downing and evans for phase 4 and beyond.

Cap finally got his dance with his love, that was perfect ending.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time travel is cool. Online debates about time travel were the mistake.

Haha yes this is more what I mean. The use of time travel guaranteed from day one that this thread would be filled almost entirely about how it works or doesnt work rather than about the other hundred interesting things about the movie.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
For a 3 hour movie, it went surprisingly fast on my second watch.

Whether or not this movie deserves any recognition for artistry, the sheer scope and range of the MCU deserves some sort of commendation. The fact that they were able to wrap up a 22 movie series satisfyingly, with just the right amount of fan service, in incredible. I really hope there's a documentary in the works. It'd be really interesting to see just how much was planned from the start, and what was added later.

edit: also I want a standalone Cap movie of him going back in time solo.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For reals... all big 3 (iron man, cap and thor) went out in the best way possible. It's going to be super hard to find as charismatic actors as downing and evans for phase 4 and beyond.

Cap finally got his dance with his love, that was perfect ending.

I mean, he didnt go out per se anyway, but I have a hard time believing Thor went out the best way possible. Unless depressed, fat and directionless is as good as it gets!

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So after seeing it a 2nd time, something that caught my eye with Clint and Nat when getting the Soul stone... Did Widow slip her Stinger bracelet onto Clint while they were fighting? Cause we know she's the one that has the grappling hook and she slyly launches it and hooks it onto Clint as they're falling. But when we see Clint with the gauntlet in the tunnels, it looks like he has one of Widow's Stinger bracelets on as he also uses a grappling hook to ascent upwards. Now I can't remember if he shot an arrow up for it or not.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This only applies if 2012A Hulk goes bacl in time to before 2012 Hulk arrived, which is in no way a guarantee. they will choose to arrive earlier than the other sometime.

At the same time should be no different than if it were afterward, I don't see why that wouldn't happen then, since that is what happened reality 2012A.

But, even if its before, or at the exact same moment, Hulk 2012 arriving in the universe is a completely external factor. There isn't anything they can do to change that, so even if 2012A Hulk goes back in time to before 2012 Hulk arrived, 2012' Hulk would still arrive, otherwise it wouldn't be an actual copy of 2012A.

2012B Is a copy of 2012A up until the point a time-traveler arrives. from that point on, it's a completely different universe. Prior to that point, there are no timetravelers to copy over to the new branch.

So if you looked at 2012A, it's identical to prime...until Prime 2012Hulk arrives, creating 2012A, and making it different from Prime 2012

If you look at 2012B it's, it's identical to 2012A, until 2012A Hulk arrives, creating 2012B, making it different from 2012A.

That difference IS who is showing showing up from when/where...

2012 Hulk can't be in 2012A and 2012B and 2012C, because 2012Hulks history is set in stone, and he never encountered multiple time travelers in the history that we witnessed. He went to 2012A, then went back to his own timeline. That's it, no more time traveling for him.

Last edited:

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
Sigh.

There's only ever two Hulks in any given timeline. Let's just walk it through.

2012 Prime Hulk Is feral. He grows up, survives the snap, and becomes Smart Hulk. He then travels back in time to 2012A. He sees feral 2012A Hulk. He then gets the timestone then returns to Prime timeline.

2012A feral Hulk grows up, survives the snap in his universe. Becomes smart hulk. He then Travels back in time to 2012B. He sees feral 2012B Hulk, gets the timestone, then returns to 2012A. (He never sees 2012 prime hulk, because 2012 prime hulk never comes to 2012B)

2012B feral hulk grows up, survives the snap in his universe. Becomes smart hulk. He then travels back in time to 2012C. He encounters feral 2012C Hulk, gets the timestone, then returns to 2012B. (He never sees 2012 Hulk or 2012A Hulk, because those guys never come to 2012C.)

Rinse and repeat. There's no accumulation.
Except when 2012A Feral Hulk grows up, theres presumably no space stone because in that universe Loki stole it, so theres a chance that the snap never even happens in that universe.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So after seeing it a 2nd time, something that caught my eye with Clint and Nat when getting the Soul stone... Did Widow slip her Stinger bracelet onto Clint while they were fighting? Cause we know she's the one that has the grappling hook and she slyly launches it and hooks it onto Clint as they're falling. But when we see Clint with the gauntlet in the tunnels, it looks like he has one of Widow's Stinger bracelets on as he also uses a grappling hook to ascent upwards. Now I can't remember if he shot an arrow up for it or not.
She grapples it on to him after they go over the cliff, so that he's the one hanging from it rather than her. That way he can't detach himself or he'd kill them both.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Yeah, she gave Clint one of her Stingers before she fell. You can see it on him when he first wakes up after getting the Soul Stone too.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
Watched the movie again for a 3rd time. Only other movie I've seen more than twice in the cinema was The Force Awakens. I think this will be the movie to finally take on Avatar.

I timed from the moment of Bruce's snap to the first portal. Strange had roughly 14 minutes to open portals to Wong and the rest of the sorcerers to explain the plan so everything seems to make sense to me with how many people they were able to recruit/explain what happened (as well as Howard the Duck lol who I finally spotted).

Also I think Gamora hitched a ride on one of the many ships that came through the portals. Even though she has a connection with Nebula and trusts her it doesn't make sense she would just join the Guardians right away as she doesn't know who they are. Looking back at Infinity War and how sad she was when she 'killed' Thanos, she would be kind of shaken after this battle seeing her father die so I can see her running off after the battle. Then again... Gamora has a rep. So she must have found like a ravager faction or something who trusted her enough to take her along.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
She grapples it on to him after they go over the cliff, so that he's the one hanging from it rather than her. That way he can't detach himself or he'd kill them both.
Yeah, I noticed that part. I guess what I was getting it is the later part when he's in the tunnels.

Yeah, she gave Clint one of her Stingers before she fell. You can see it on him when he first wakes up after getting the Soul Stone too.
Oh ok, nice. I knew I wasn't crazy.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Saw it again a second time. Still just as emotional. Maybe a little less? But I was choking up at the same five spots as last time

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2012B Is a copy of 2012A up until the point a time-traveler arrives. from that point on it's a completely different universe. Prior to that point, there are no timetravelers to copy over to the new branch.

2012 Hulk can't be in 2012A and 2012B and 2012C, because 2012Hulks history is set in stone, and he never encountered multiple time travelers in the history that we witnessed.
Yes, it's an exact copy up to that point, but that also means that at that point in time, there was a copy of 2012 reality where it was set in motion that a Hulk would go to 2012B.

Even if it were as you say, it won't make a difference when they go back in time to after the point where 2012 Hulk arrives. At that point, there must be another 2012 reality copy, of which a Hulk is now present in 2012B. (and given that, you can inferr that the 2012 reality copy was probably already set in motion before that actual arrival of Hulk, so probably, even if they go back in time to before 2012 Hulk's arrival, he will still arrive.)

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I mean, he didnt go out per se anyway, but I have a hard time believing Thor went out the best way possible. Unless depressed, fat and directionless is as good as it gets!

haha... what I meant was that he is now supposed to be who he really is and not some king to live up to his father as his mom advised. :)

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Except when 2012A Feral Hulk grows up, theres presumably no space stone because in that universe Loki stole it, so theres a chance that the snap never even happens in that universe.

Yeah this is true. We probably shouldn't have been using 2012 as an example because the timeline changed so much. Would've been better to use the Aether timeline.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Pierce says the tesseract has been Shield property for seventy years. Tony goes and pulls it out of a box in the seventies, so that seems fair, they must have pulled it out of the ocean and boxed it away.

... so why did Mar-Vell have it? I thought they were retelling the history of the tesseract with that movie, implying Shield didn't get ahold of it until that cat puked it up on Fury's desk. But I guess not? Did Mar-Vell steal it from Shield in the 90s?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
So Pierce says the tesseract has been Shield property for seventy years. Tony goes and pulls it out of a box in the seventies, so that seems fair, they must have pulled it out of the ocean and boxed it away.

... so why did Mar-Vell have it? I thought they were retelling the history of the tesseract with that movie, implying Shield didn't get ahold of it until that cat puked it up on Fury's desk. But I guess not? Did Mar-Vell steal it from Shield in the 90s?
Mar-Vel was working on Project Pegasus which was part of SHIELD. So technically SHIELD has had it in possession since Howard fished it out of the ocean in the 40's.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, we now have an alternate universe where Loki got the Tesseract early. Another where Thanos died before GotG, and another one where Cap stayed behind and probably prevented a bunch of bad stuff from happening, correct?

What do you think is more likely, Ultimate MCU, Incursions, Kang, Secret War Doom, or something else?

I think Kang is perfect for whatever they end up calling the Young Avengers. (Although it might seem a weird introduction to the character.)

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
For a 3 hour movie, it went surprisingly fast on my second watch.

Whether or not this movie deserves any recognition for artistry, the sheer scope and range of the MCU deserves some sort of commendation. The fact that they were able to wrap up a 22 movie series satisfyingly, with just the right amount of fan service, in incredible. I really hope there's a documentary in the works. It'd be really interesting to see just how much was planned from the start, and what was added later.

edit: also I want a standalone Cap movie of him going back in time solo.

Yeah, it's well paced and it really is an achievement on a manner of levels

That being said, I didn't stick with me nowhere near Infinity War did
….also, I'm REALLY getting sick of giant CG battles :(

icyflamez96

Oct 26, 2017
Doom would be perfect with the right approach in a post-Thanos world.

The whole point of Doom is he thinks the world (even the universe) is at risk from greater threats than humanity is capable of dealing with, that the world is disorganized, hateful, and divided to stand against them, and has the arrogance to assume that if he were to unite the world under his rule he could save all of humanity through his "benevolent" dictatorship.

... And, depending on the context of the story, he's entirely right. When he confronted the gods of Black Panther, they judged him as entirely righteous in his goals and ambitions. His methods are often extreme and villainous, but his ultimate aims are altruistic.

5765047-3979859089-doom1.png

1200834-doomwar_3_paperpirate_cps_026.jpg

He's the hero of his own story.

In a post-Thanos world, he would see his need to unite and rule even more important than ever before.

but his name is doctor DOOM

Blik

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if the destroyed gems would return to thier birth places? For example Souls Stone would go back to Vorimir?
Strange told that's he would do everything to make the Time Stone safe.

And what if the sound we hear at the end is someone forging a new Gauntlet?

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
So, why couldn't the Soul Stone resurrect Tony? They explained Black Widow away since she was sacrificed to acquire it. Can it only resurrect souls that it has taken? What's the point of that?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
So that's basically the OG Avengers done.

- iron man dead
- black widow dead
- Hawkeye basically retired - can't see him coming back except maybe in the black widow movie
- OG cap is retired
- hulk is around but quite happy on his own so may disappear for a few movies
- Thor is basically off with GotG for some fun

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that got me thinking....when Peter Parker goes back to school, wouldn't half his previous classmates that didn't get snapped be in college?

Blik

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, why couldn't the Soul Stone resurrect Tony? They explained Black Widow away since she was sacrificed to acquire it. Can it only resurrect souls that it has taken? What's the point of that?
You just made me relaise that if the Stones are so powerfull why not just made the whole Avengers team/army immortal?

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, apparently that will be one of the big points of Far From Home. Half of his former class will be 5 years older.

That makes for an interesting plot device. Just got home from an 11am showing and it was packed. Best moment was when Captain America said "Avengers Assemble" at the climax and the guy behind me yelled "FUCK YEAH!"

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Think of it as raising the dead like Aragorn and the Army of the Dead rather than just bring someone back to life. Some sort of spirit/ghost deal, it deals with a person's soul not their body.

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the time stone... didn't the ancient one say that a universe without a time stone is fucked?
How will the prime universe survive without it?

assume this is part of the plot for future MCU movies.

This, but also worth remembering that a universe pre-2016 would be completely doomed without the Time Stone specifically, since Strange wouldn't be able to hold off Dormammu without it.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Who was paying for Clint's wife's cellphone plan for FIVE YEARS?
If he's under some Avengers family plan, I can understand maybe a year after the snap. But who would still have working phone coverage after 5 years. Also, why would her phone even be around and charged after 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.