• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder... What if the Cap that went back in time was actually a Skrull? Could lead to some interesting stories.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that by returning the stones they would avoid creating new timelines.

No, they avoid creating timelines where the stones don't exist thus making them vulnerable to untold disasters. The stones are powerful enough that time itself becomes unstable when one is missing from it's intended spot. Also for instance not returning the time stone means that dormamu isn't able to be stopped by Strange.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
saw it finally today

i actually liked it, it took its time with character interactions, something IW did not do whatsoever

i didn't enjoy that thanos was just his past self who had to get caught up with the plot through nebula, the movie could have worked if he weren't in it at all, but the final showdown was nice, so he had to be there somehow

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Just got back from seeing it the first time. It really is three movies, but they're all great. They nailed the heroes return moment. Fucking nailed it.

Now I can finally enjoy the internet without having to quickly close the window anytime I see anything Marvel-related. I wasn't majorily spoiled on anything other than Professor Hulk and Carol's new doo.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
I just saw it at the movies. I've never seen any of the Marvel movies before. My 10 year old son knew every single character and story arc. Now I want to see all the other movies to see how the story unfolded. It was an amazing movie!

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
I just saw it at the movies. I've never seen any of the Marvel movies before. My 10 year old son knew every single character and story arc. Now I want to see all the other movies to see how the story unfolded. It was an amazing movie!
That's one hell of an interesting perspective. Please let us know what do you think if you marathon the films. I'd advice to go the release date order.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
That's one hell of an interesting perspective. Please let us know what do you think if you marathon the films. I'd advice to go the release date order.
Yeah, that's what I plan on doing. I wonder which streaming service has them all available? I know Netflix is missing quite a lot of them. Maybe wait for Disney+?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing a thread here about a line in the movie that was almost cut or not there. I avoided the thread before seeing the movie but now that I'm back from the theaters I can't find it anymore.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna jump off the MCU train as I'm not interested in the TV shows. I'll jump back in if Peter x Carol happens though. >_>

That said I'm willing to argue about my favorite depictions of time travel.
I wonder... What if the Cap that went back in time was actually a Skrull? Could lead to some interesting stories.
But but he was holding Mjolnir

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This is why The Ancient One's explanation in the movie sucks. It makes it sound that way, but there's basically no way it could work like that. She really just means that her timeline is ruined if the stones are removed.

Take the Cap vs Cap fight for example. There's basically 3 ways it can go: Cap had always fought himself (he hadn't), he would suddenly gain the memory of doing so as reality adjusts to changes (he doesn't) or it's another timeline.
No, they avoid creating timelines where the stones don't exist thus making them vulnerable to untold disasters. The stones are powerful enough that time itself becomes unstable when one is missing from it's intended spot. Also for instance not returning the time stone means that dormamu isn't able to be stopped by Strange.

Are you guys getting this from the movie alone? Or using other "rules" of timetravel and/or other sources?

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing a thread here about a line in the movie that was almost cut or not there. I avoided the thread before seeing the movie but now that I'm back from the theaters I can't find it anymore.

"I am ironman" at the end i think.

Are you guys getting this from the movie alone? Or using other "rules" of timetravel and/or other sources?

From the movie based on what we see and are told by the Anchient one.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
199.png

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Cap using Mjolnir and Tony going down with the ultimate self sacrifice are two of the biggest payoffs in cinematic history.

I am now almost totally disinterested in the continuation of the MCU (outside of GotG), but I'm sure they'll pull me back in.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
I just knew it had to open with Hawkeye and his family getting dusted but it still got me when it happened. The poor guy doesn't even see them go. Great opening to the film.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah... So why does Cap can suddenly use Moljnir?

I remember the little thing during the party in the first Avengers but nothing else?

Oct 28, 2017
It was surprised how hard it was for me to see Tony so thin and vulnerable in the beginning and then laying on the floor with the helmet right next to him. And how gently Nebula handles him while putting him in the chair. It really set the tone for how emotional the movie would be.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
It was surprised how hard it was for me to see Tony so thin and vulnerable in the beginning and then laying on the floor with the helmet right next to him. And how gently Nebula handles him while putting him in the chair. It really set the tone for how emotional the movie would be.

The scene right after between him and Steve took me completely by surprise. I had been looking forward to the reunion since CW and that was not what I had been expecting.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to see this today, but the projector was having issues and couldn't show any reds. Watched the whole thing in blue just to put an end to the spoilers lol

There was a young guy by himself at Tony's funeral, but I didn't recognize him. Were we supposed to know who that was?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these years of CG de-aging was just prep work for making Cap look super old.

IRObot82

Nov 1, 2017
Finally got to see this today, but the projector was having issues and couldn't show any reds. Watched the whole thing in blue just to put an end to the spoilers lol

There was a young guy by himself at Tony's funeral, but I didn't recognize him. Were we supposed to know who that was?

He was the kid from Iron Man 3.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Iron man 3 kid

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
There's something about the movie that makes me emotional, besides the obvious. Thor's depression hits a nerve with me.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Ahh that title still make me a bit misty eyed. Damn you Tony.

Kinda hoping Morgan Stark (the character, not necessarily the actress) get some mention or appearances in future MCU movies.
Peter's little protege or something idk

There's something about the movie that makes me emotional, besides the obvious. Thor's depression hits a nerve with me.
I love all his scenes too.
Guilt, denial, desperation, relief. Dude really sold it.

Love the Mom's scenes too "eat a salad" lmao

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I saw it again and I'd say it's my top favorite film now, tied with IW.

Maybe with the emotional rollercoaster the film puts you through I'd say it might beat IW. Although this film nicely bookends IW.

I don't know how they'll top this, much less match it. Their biggest competition is themselves.

Nice that the soundtrack is on Spotify. I've been listening to Portals and the Real Hero all afternoon.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised so many people misunderstood the Ancient One's talk. Really all she says is "Hey if you borrow the stone bring it back before it's missed".

SebTheCat

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it for a second time over the weekend with friends.

I enjoyed it as much as the first time (midnight viewing in opening night with some other friends) to be honest, if not maybe a little bit more.

I kinda feel like I want to see it for a 3rd time but this time on my own lmao.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh that title still make me a bit misty eyed. Damn you Tony.

Kinda hoping Morgan Stark (the character, not necessarily the actress) get some mention or appearances in future MCU movies.
Peter's little protege or something idk

I love all his scenes too.
Guilt, denial, desperation, relief. Dude really sold it.

Love the Mom's scenes too "eat a salad" lmao

I love the scene where he begs Hulk to let him use the gauntlet. "Let me do something right and good." So glad his story isn't over.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
It really does a great job of giving us character moments, both large and small, with these characters we've been on an 11 year journey with. We've seen them go through arcs and change. We've seen them fight multiple battles against enemies and each other. They honestly feel like real characters and we've seen the end of their journey here. Endgame gives us an actual sense of finality and payoff. In my personal opinion this film gave us what every good conclusion should and that just hits an emotional beat you can't explain.

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I saw it yesterday. I hated most of the action scenes. Not because they were bad. Because the non-action scenes were done so ab-so-fricking-amazingly well. Loved the characters and their struggles/emotions through the whole thing. I loved the first hour! I want a non action MCU movie. One with Thor and Hulk!