• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Skel

Oct 27, 2017
France
Wow. I didn't think it would break their previous record, especially because it wasn't teased 24 hours earlier this time.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I guess a lot more people liked Captain Mousse more than I thought.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was a pretty simple and unexciting trailer. It's a testament to the hype IW generated that it did so well. Everyone's chomping at the bit to see how it all ends.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
That's insane. It took a while for the IW trailer to get to those numbers and people were ready & waiting for it...they stealth dropped this trailer with no warning and it managed 289m so fast...this movie is gonna do insane numbers.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's proof that "stakes" aren't everything. Everyone who complains about these movies not having stakes is completely missing the point.
We might lose an Avenger or two but the audience knows everyone that got dusted will be back and they don't care. They're in it for the ride. It's whats actually important.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
View counter is broken then

rOv2geM.png

Dec 11, 2017
It's the most restrained trailer for a movie that costs hundreds of millions of dollars I can imagine. No action, very few visual effects, no hint of setpieces or the climax. And it's not even a teaser, it's a 2 minute trailer.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Damn that's a lot and I remember someone worrying about it because the YouTube views weren't crazy high at first. Still surprising because it's not like they announced the trailer before with a teaser or announcement.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
But people said the YouTube views were low yesterday?/s

Can't wait for this movie. Amazing amount of views.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
It's the most restrained trailer for a movie that costs hundreds of millions of dollars I can imagine. No action, very few visual effects, no hint of setpieces or the climax. And it's not even a teaser, it's a 2 minute trailer.

I definitely liked how little they showed. Pretty big contrast to the first Ultron trailer, which showed quite a lot of the movie.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah the whole planet is hyped for this movie.

Lots of people everywhere I went out were talking about IW after it came out.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
It's proof that "stakes" aren't everything. Everyone who complains about these movies not having stakes is completely missing the point.
We might lose an Avenger or two but the audience knows everyone that got dusted will be back and they don't care. They're in it for the ride. It's whats actually important.

Comic book superhero deaths are rarely about just being shocked and sad that they killed off someone popular and loved by readers. It's about the trauma experienced by those who had to witness the death. It's about the void they leave in the world/superhero community and what other heroes decide to do to fill it.

At the end of Infinity War, the Avengers are forced to play out a completely unwinnable situation knowing full well that they will lose - and still give everything they have. It's the absolute height of heroic spectacle in the MCU. And when they do lose they're forced to witness their friends and allies expire in tragic terror and confusion.

It's clear to anyone familiar with the medium, as soon as T'Challa disappears, what was going on there. Yeah - these characters aren't dead for good and they're definitely coming back. And yet it keeps going and we keep having to keep watching heroes turn to dust. But it's not about them, it's about the heroes left standing and what they just had to witness. How they'll process it, what they'll do next. Steve's response to Natasha at the end of the trailer is just as impactful to me as the big CG-heavy moneyshot at the end of the Captain Marvel trailer.

It's an excellent premise for a movie and this trailer doing what it does makes it clear that people want a movie like this - regardless of the obvious outcome.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was pretty great, unlike the Captain Marvel one.

This one had zero action and still managed to be good.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Trailer was pretty great, unlike the Captain Marvel one.

This one had zero action and still managed to be good.

They went with emotion and pathos over spectacle and I greatly respect them for that.

Also +1 for showing so little. Trailers often show a bit too much, but of course they're in a position where they don't have to sell people on their movie; they already know their audience is going to flock to it regardless.

Deleted member 17658

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember someone saying how it didn't have enough views after 1 hour and maybe stealth release wasn't a good idea... . HA

Oct 25, 2017
In case anybody is still wondering why every other studio in Hollywood is trying to copy Marvel Studios, this is why. The fervor is real.

Woolley

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope that is the only trailer they release for the movie.

It won't be but I don't want to see anymore.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Love the internet marketing wizards that thought Marvel was releasing too many trailers in too short a period, didn't release it at the right time, with enough hype, that the trailer was "trash," etc. Because Marvel Studios and Disney haven't proved time and time again that they know what they're doing.

You're right on. I mean, anyone with a brain has given up on those stupid "stakes" arguments. No one cares. People want to see the characters and heroes they love face adversity and WIN. That's what they want. They don't want to see them all die and stay gone. There is this certain subgroup of a subgroup that is insistent that things MUST have this weight ... and no one else, including the people that have built this franchise into a once-in-history phenomenon, think the same thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
I hope that is the only trailer they release for the movie.

It won't be but I don't want to see anymore.

I'm assuming there's gonna be a 2nd trailer with Captain Marvel that'll be punchier, show some of the action beats, heroes in costume and set pieces. I'll be covering my eyes, I don't want to see a single additional second of footage from this movie.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Super Hero movies keep getting bigger.

We are only just now being inclusive with Shang Chi, Black Panther & Captain Marvel so things are really gonna kick into high gear.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that the first super hero movie trailer ever to not have any hero in costume at all is also breaking records.

Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy that the first super hero movie trailer ever to not have any hero in costume at all is also breaking records.

Why is it crazy? Marvel has been building up these characters to the point where they almost seem like real human beings instead of plot devices to be used to solve x problem. It's nice when they emphasize character drama instead of following the same old hero story.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Why is it crazy? Marvel has been building up these characters to the point where they almost seem like real human beings instead of plot devices to be used to solve x problem.
Well that's what I mean. Even 5 years ago, and especially 10...people wouldn't come close to buying a trailer like this for a huge mega blockbuster saga ending movie. Yet it was just a few small sets basically and somber talking outside paul rudd. To me that honestly makes this one of my favorite trailers ever just for that. They didn't even hint an action scene.