• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that Endgame has had a re-release, at what stage are you that Avatar will remain #1 of all time?

• Acceptance

Votes: 142 68.9%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 64 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 week): persistent trolling in box office threads
Just more pity that you demanded special treatment and went off crying when you didnt get it.

I'm absolutely fine with pity, just don't get angry! This is all just for fun, remember? You said so yourself!

Trust me, PhoncipleBone isn't taking this anywhere near as seriously as you think he is.

Happy to hear it! I wouldn't want to get on someone's nerves over something as trivial as box office results. I will gladly accept any amount of trash talking you want to send my way until the bet is over and even after that, in the unlikely event that Endgame doesn't make it.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely fine with pity, just don't get angry! This is all just for fun, remember? You said so yourself!

Happy to hear it! I wouldn't want to get on someone's nerves over something as trivial as box office results. I will gladly accept any amount of trash talking you want to send my way until the bet is over and even after that, in the unlikely event that Endgame doesn't make it.
If it's just all for fun why won't you take the avatar bet?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If it's just all for fun why won't you take the avatar bet?

7368.jpg

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Alexandros is just filling the Zatt void. You know when the funny kid in class disappears and then someone fills their spot because someone has to? Alexandros.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As Bone already explained, I didn't have the balls to go through with it. I can confirm his conclusion that I was too scared to put my Avatar on the line. I admire the brave souls that did. I 100% chickened out.
I still think it's fun to see what funny and stupid avatar we'll get at least you're upfront about why you don't want to do this. To each his/her own.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So what changed in these days? I remember the vibe after the re-release. Even with uncanny, crappy navi gifs celebrating...

So what happened? AvatarERA is panicking?

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what changed in these days? I remember the vibe after the re-release. Even with uncanny, crappy navi gifs celebrating...

People thought it would drop like a cliff after spiderman came out and that it would need 10 million last weekend for a snowballs chance to beat avatar but its having decent legs now and while it probably will end up like 10 million short theres still a slim chance it can do it. All hope is not gone quite yet.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

Some predictions didn't pan out. The re-release did better than expected and Endgame kept most of its increased theater count while the prediction was that it would have a sharp drop. It's not a sure thing but the record is in play.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I have my precious Ferali-Spider in the bet. But I'll raise it.

If Endgame wins, I'll watch Avatar without sleeping

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have no idea how this is gonna turn out now but wasn't it always gonna get a spidey boost? I feel like the added footage weekend (it's NOT a rerelease) just got us a jumpstart on that burn it was also pretty halfassed

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
funny is not a synonym for any of the following words:
obnoxious
hostile
repetitive
delusional
Shit could be about 12 million short after next weekend. I dont think its delusional to think that it could coast that remaining amount after another month or so. And if it ends up short, its gonna be less than 10 million. And Disney will make sure it gets that extra 10 million somehow. Maybe they'll do another expansion later in the year.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given the general atmosphere in this thread, we feel it would be more productive to lock this thread. Once its clear who the winner is, the OP can create a new thread to announce the results of the bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.