• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that Endgame has had a re-release, at what stage are you that Avatar will remain #1 of all time?

• Acceptance

Votes: 142 68.9%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 64 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Middle of yesterday, we were thinking of seeing Endgame again. We checked the seat availability - all the remaining showings at our local theater were packed save for acouple shitty seats at the front. We thought we'd check seats for today, and only the last show of the day has anything decent open.

This can stay in theaters for a while - it's still pulling crowds.
It isn't doing big numbers in North America anymore. It is going to fall to 5th this upcoming weekend. It's a slow crawl at this point.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
It isn't doing big numbers in US anymore. It is going to fall to 5th this upcoming weekend. It's a slow crawl at this point.
While it was falling faster than IW in dailies for about a week there, it has stabilized and hovering near the same numbers. That means after this weekend is over, it has roughly $55m left in the tank. It could still be up or down from that, but doesn't look like it will be wildly so if this week is any indication.

So yeah, slow crawl.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Middle of yesterday, we were thinking of seeing Endgame again. We checked the seat availability - all the remaining showings at our local theater were packed save for acouple shitty seats at the front. We thought we'd check seats for today, and only the last show of the day has anything decent open.

This can stay in theaters for a while - it's still pulling crowds.

it'll be on the fringes , secret life of pets , and dark phoenix will deffs be issues
it's gonna be losing screens

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Japan's bigger theaters (especially in Tokyo) are down to a handful of screenings per day (3-5). Looks like Japan's contribution (which is relatively small to begin with but it's a leggy market and the third largest worldwide) is coming to a close.

It's funny; if Japan were into MCU like they are with Star Wars or other Disney films, then it would probably be enough to overtake Avatar in the long run.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I just bought Resident Evil 4 for like the 5th time because it's my favorite game of all time. I replay it about once a year because I like it. That's not weird

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it happens. Avatar will hang on.
Hard to say. If it keeps on following IW's drops it'll probably get an additional 50~55M more domestically. Can it get 50M more internationally? Not sure about that one. Really gonna be absurdly close, to the point where any random re-release in the future could probably put it past Avatar if it doesn't make it now.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's what, $35m worldwide this weekend? Even without the heavy hitters coming over the next few weeks, it'll be a bit of a tail to make it happen.

What I wonder is if Far From Home gives it any kind of a bump. Probably not a major one at this point.
Why would it give it a bump? If anything it would take interest (and screens) away from it.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
As someone who was originally hoping for 3 bil after that awesome opening weekend I'm now hoping that it fails to pass Avatar just for all the salt.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Yeah, without China and Japan this gets a lot harder. It's still going to be close either way but now I think Avatar keeps the throne unless this gets rereleased before or sticks around until Spider-Man. fml

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Hell yeah. I hope it does not catch up.
James Cameron is such a better box-office final boss than Feige or the Russo bros. They're just way too nice, it's not entertaining.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I continue to love the way this thread progresses with each week. <3

That said, no matter which way it falls these two films are going to end up damn close to each other.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame gave Captain Marvel a bump. I can understand the logic.
Didn't Captain Marvel get some new interest shortly before Endgame?

Oh hmm. We'll see I guess.

Yeah, without China and Japan this gets a lot harder. It's still going to be close either way but now I think Avatar keeps the throne unless this gets rereleased before or sticks around until Spider-Man. fml
The only reason the top spot is in contention for Endgame is because of China.

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
captain marvel also had luck without the fully packed summer release
emdgame will barely survive screens till july
toy story 4 will be a monster

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
PhoncipleBone is going to go scorched earth on everyone as the champion lol

giphy.gif

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow the worldwide gross over the weekend was pretty bad. Seems like the gas has run out internationally.

$110.5 million more to go to best Avatar. Hrmmmm....

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Either Avengers beats it, or more people learn that betting is the devil. It's a win-win :3

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
On one hand, I would love to see Bone fail

On the other, that is a lot of people who would get owned if he wins lol

I still think if Disney thinks it can happen they'll make it happen

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
-100 million
-June has too many movies, with the biggest being Toy Story 4

Endgame had a great run at least...