• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Now that Endgame has had a re-release, at what stage are you that Avatar will remain #1 of all time?

• Acceptance

Votes: 142 68.9%
  • Acceptance

Votes: 64 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Marvel/Disney are going for the record. If they were, they would do something more substantial than this. I think this is just a swan song for Endgame before it leaves theatres.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
No information on whether the Endgame "re-release" is showing in Japan. In fact, one of the big theaters still showing it in Tokyo is advertising the final showing Endgame on Thursday.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Give or take. It made a whopping $3.2m this weekend worldwide. The reissue next week will slow the bleeding but it will more than likely not be enough.

It's crazy it (probably) won't make it. I really thought it was a given after that monster opening. Literally going to get 99% the way there.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was a joke. All in good fun. One of us definitely needs to chill.

Nah. Just don't insult me.

It's not a joke if the other person isn't laughing. God knows a number of "jokes" get met by disproportionate punishment on here all the time, so I'm telling you, in no uncertain terms, to not fucking talk to me like that again. I don't appreciate it.

If you can respect that, we cool. If not, you can go fuck yourself.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Just don't insult me.

It's not a joke if the other person isn't laughing. God knows a number of "jokes" get met by disproportionate punishment on here all the time, so I'm telling you, in no uncertain terms, to not fucking talk to me like that again. I don't appreciate it.

If you can respect that, we cool. If not, you can go fuck yourself.
All this for a Zuckerberg joke? You realise I wasn't the original person you were responding to, right?

Anyway, sorry for getting you all hot and bothered. Wasn't my intention at all.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All this for a Zuckerberg joke? You realise I wasn't the original person you were responding to, right?

Anyway, sorry for getting you all hot and bothered. Wasn't my intention at all.

I do.

Don't call me Zuckerberg for telling another member I'm a person just like they are.

I don't care if it seems trivial to you. I didn't appreciate it.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
zuckerberg.jpg

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
hey guys whats - hey guys whats - hey guys whats - hey guys whats -

6hev.gif

I'm not sure what is going on, but this is a good opportunity for some prime Zuckerberg gifs.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like everything is ok, unless I am missing something? A joke was made, you were upset, apology was sent, and you accepted it.

I feel like pretending someone can't possibly interpret a thread devolving into gifs spinning out of an initial insult made towards them as people continuing the insult in such a way that they can deny any mean-spirited activity is real bitch-made.

You wouldn't even call it an insult. Just a joke. I see what you're doing here.

Y'all are assholes.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
With the hostilities over the past couple weeks in the B.O thread and others, I can get why Yasuke would be offended. I also don't think Sculli was trying to intentionally offend. This is a simple misunderstanding made worse by how us vs them everything has been lately.

A monster of our own making.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you feel you were insulted, why not just ignore the thread, or the members you feel insulted you?

Because I'd like to participate in the topic and shouldn't have to revert to block-ignoring a ton of people while acting like I don't feel a type of way about it. Especially when this started with me letting someone know that someone liking something more than they do doesn't make them less of a fucking person than they are. Yeah, a nigga has feelings.

Is your response to anyone wronged by anybody ever that they should just ignore it, lest it's their fault when said behavior continues? Or is it just the people open enough to admit being hurt by it?

If hostility isn't allowed here, hostility isn't allowed here. Part of socializing with others is being aware how your own actions might come off to them, and I don't think I was afforded that consideration here. And I'd appreciate it if we didn't turn a blind eye to people sneak dissing others just because they did it in such a way that they could effectively deny having done so.

With the hostilities over the past couple weeks in the B.O thread and others, I can get why Yasuke would be offended. I also don't think Sculli was trying to intentionally offend. This is a simple misunderstanding made worse by how us vs them everything has been lately.

A monster of our own making.

Sculli's fine. He apologized, and I can believe he ain't mean anything by it for real.

These other members sat here, read my grievances, and proceeded to participate in running a "joke" into the ground, not caring how I might perceive it.

I think that's fuck nigga shit.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I could take even a quarter of this film's earnings and give it to something original and new like Rocketman or High Life which will never make enough.

This movie's good but lots of good stuff not getting a share these days.

WallSniper

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Because I'd like to participate in the topic and shouldn't have to revert to block-ignoring a ton of people while acting like I don't feel a type of way about it. Especially when this started with me letting someone know that someone liking something more than they do doesn't make them less of a fucking person than they are. Yeah, a nigga has feelings.

Is your response to anyone wronged by anybody ever that they should just ignore it, lest it's their fault when said behavior continues? Or is it just the people open enough to admit being hurt by it?

If hostility isn't allowed here, hostility isn't allowed here. Part of socializing with others is being aware how your own actions might come off to them, and I don't think I was afforded that consideration here. And I'd appreciate it if we didn't turn a blind eye to people sneak dissing others just because they did it in such a way that they could effectively deny having done so.
Grow up. This is a thread derailing tantrum, just to make yourself seem more important. Get back on topic. The Avengers WILL beat Avatar.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
who would thought a movie about some b-tier heroes and a guy with a diaper and a hockey mask will take out the worst of Box-Office Era.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Sculli's fine. He apologized, and I can believe he ain't mean the shit in that way.

These other members sat here, read my grievances, and proceeded to participate in running a "joke" into the ground, not caring how I might perceive it.

I think that's fuck nigga shit.
Nah, trust me, I get it. I've been getting BS snide comments for awhile now. They always back off when you press them though. Not everyone is like that however, and with so many voices sometimes the wrong people get caught in the crossfire. I think it's easier to just let it roll off, or we'd be picking fights all day.

"Water can flow, and it can crash. Be like water my friend."

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grow up. This is a thread derailing tantrum, just to make yourself seem more important. Get back on topic. The Avengers WILL beat Avatar.

Yeah. No.

I'm allowed to express my frustration with other members here, especially when I've been directly insulted. And if I'd rather talk to them niggas directly first before reporting them to mods, because I don't necessarily want anyone to get modded or banned, that's my prerogative.

If you have a problem with that, you can fuck off. Or just discuss the topic. We'll all get back to it eventually, this thread has survived far worse than me calling out stupid behavior.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, trust me, I get it. I've been getting BS snide comments for awhile now. They always back off when you press them though. Not everyone is like that however, and with so many voices sometimes the wrong people get caught in the crossfire. I think it's easier to just let it roll off, or we'd be picking fights all day.

"Water can flow, and it can crash. Be like water my friend."

Meh.

Idk. Just feels...shitty.

I don't like being laughed at, especially for the crime of...discussing things with people on an Internet forum.

I come here to get away from shit like that in real life.

Wow. How did this place became even more hostile now that Zatt is gone?

Because Zatt wasn't too much more than half of the problem.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The time and place for throwing a tantrum is after Avengers: Endgame: The Reissue and its cynical tribute fail to beat Avatar and not a minute before.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
dont you dare tell me to be water, you take that fucking shit back right now you fucking asshole
Bruce Lee said it first. Lol talk to him about it
Wow. How did this place became even more hostile now that Zatt is gone?
Because Zatt wasn't the sole issue.
Meh.

Idk. Just feels...shitty.

I don't like being laughed at, especially for the crime of...discussing things with people on an Internet forum.

I come here to get away from shit like that in real life.
I get that too. For whats it worth I enjoy your posts. I'll shoot you a PM

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I was about to say Zatt is the natural end state of a community that refuses to let people just enjoy a movie they liked even if it "bombed" (read: slightly underperformed), going to non-BO threads to share such negativity. But given people can't even express interest in seeing Endgame a second time without being openly mocked and implied to inherently be more priveleged, I think, illustrates that point far, far better.

A lot of you take it just as seriously as Zatt but you don't even realize it. I appreciate the people who actually can realize what a silly pissing contest BO scores are and try to have fun with it, rather than use it as serious proof towards anything except market trends.

Status
Not open for further replies.