• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Very curious how they approach this after the reaction to the E3 reveal.

I'm still extremely excited for this, but they really need to start communicating exactly what the game is at this point.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this will just be what they showed to press at E3

Technesis

Apr 13, 2019
Hopefully it's good. We've waited too long since its initial announcement to have no gameplay shown.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw about 20 mins of gameplay at E3 and it was ok. The HUD was minimal so its hard to know how mechanically complex the game will be. It seemed to me a bit GoW-lite with the avengers having their share of meele attacks that you'll probably fire off with a single button and then each one had a signature attack. It had spectacle and set pieces in spades though, you can tell they put a shit-ton of money on this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just reveal the damn game already, Square. All these stupid behind-closed-doors demos don't speak to a team that's confident about their project.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
off-screen gameplay vids incoming.

Square Enix should showcase what they have so far, because as of right now things aren't looking so saucy for this title. Ultimate Alliance 3 is blowing it out of the water and that comes out in a week.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised they won't show it to the public. Reminds me of the crap they pulled with Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Announced the gameplay reveal would be at Tribeca, everyone got excited for it and tuned in to watch the panel stream, then they turned the stream off during the bit where the gameplay was shown and turned it back on afterwards.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Just reveal the damn game already, Square. All these stupid behind-closed-doors demos don't speak to a team that's confident about their project.
Yep, Anthem was the final straw for this sort of thing. Hiding gameplay downy get the benefit of the doubt anymore
off-screen gameplay vids incoming.

Square Enix should showcase what they have so far, because as of right now things aren't looking so saucy for this title. Ultimate Alliance 3 is blowing it out of the water and that comes out in a week.
Let's not get cuhrazee now

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Just show us the gameplay without us resorting to potato-cam footage.

Also, please reveal Kamala. We all know she's in the game.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So they'd rather have the internet make rash judgments based on shitty cam footage that will certainly leak, than just show high quality footage themselves?

Their funeral

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I've been a a cheerleader of this game but if you're going to adhere to SDCC's usual elitist nonsense of offering gameplay as a "special treat" to the lucky few who can make it there then fuck it, whatever.

Rocksteady's gonna snatch the attention away if they announce within the next year and they haven't figured this out.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady's gonna snatch the attention away if they announce within the next year and they haven't figured this out.
If Rocksteady had a game to release in the next 12 months, they probably would have already announced it. At this point I have to imagine they are aiming for the next-generation launch window.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
If Rocksteady had a game to release in the next 12 months, they probably would have already announced it. At this point I have to imagine they are aiming for the next-generation launch window.

If it's a launch game they'll probably talk about it in March or so. They'll want more lead time than just E3 to November.

Maybe a gameplay at psx, if we actualy get psx.

I think they're doing a demo early.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that this is getting so much negative reaction when CDPR did the same thing with CP2077 (two years in a row now) and yet didn't get much criticism.

To be clear, I personally thing both situations were/are shitty and deserved to be called out.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that this is getting so much negative reaction when CDPR did the same thing with CP2077 (two years in a row now) and yet didn't get much criticism.

To be clear, I personally thing both situations were/are shitty and deserved to be called out.
What? People were definitely upset about Cyberpunk being shown behind closed doors and that is why they released the footage a few weeks later.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You said two years in a row, guess I misunderstood your point.

But also, I would assume people just figured they would do the same thing as they did last year and release the footage, thus you didn't see as much as an uproar as last year when it came to Cyberpunk behind closed doors gameplay.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
You said two years in a row, guess I misunderstood your point.

But also, I would assume people just figured they would do the same thing as they did last year and release the footage, thus you didn't see as much as an uproar as last year when it came to Cyberpunk behind closed doors gameplay.
Isn't SE in the same position then? They'll surely release this footage online at some point just like CDPR will do with CP2077 in August.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't SE in the same position then? They'll surely release this footage online at some point just like CDPR will do with CP2077 in August.
Sure, but they just keep dragging it out. Their showing at E3 (to the public) was piss poor and you would think they would want to reassure people that the game is great sooner rather than later.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I've been a a cheerleader of this game but if you're going to adhere to SDCC's usual elitist nonsense of offering gameplay as a "special treat" to the lucky few who can make it there then fuck it, whatever.

Holy shit you framed my feelings for SDCC exclusive stuff perfectly

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but they just keep dragging it out. Their showing at E3 (to the public) was piss poor and you would think they would want to reassure people that the game is great sooner rather than later.
They have 10 months until release (if they don't delay it), I guess in their eyes they have enough time to build up interest. They might want to go for the hype route and have people buzz about the SDCC panel footage before showing it to public at a later date. CDPR gave the same reason for not releasing this year's E3 showing online and dragging things until August, so maybe SE has the same mindset.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit you framed my feelings for SDCC exclusive stuff perfectly

I REALLY fucking hate "special footage" being shown exclusively to people. Especially now in an era where sharing something on YT has a similar effectiveness as a TV ad.

It's bad enough that SDCC is expensive to go to and is exclusionary to less privileged people from jump. But even if it was easy to go, those tickets sell out within minutes after going on sale. The fuck is with all this "footage is for attendees only" shit then? Being there and all the physical swag you're going to take home isn't enough for attendees?