• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Just saw this a second time with a different friend. They speculated Hela might return in Infinity War 2 and she ends up being the "Death" that Thanos courts in the comics. I actually wouldn't mind this.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this a second time with a different friend. They speculated Hela might return in Infinity War 2 and she ends up being the "Death" that Thanos courts in the comics. I actually wouldn't mind this.

If Blanchett had been on the sets for A4, we would have known by now. At some point, comic book nerds are going to have to accept this thanos' motivation isn't getting his giant purple ding dong out.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they didn't go the "court death" route. Thanos motivation in Infinity War is way better

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't count Hela out regardless. She won't be in the next Avengers movie but she could totally be in another Thor movie.

She's the God of Death, right? That isn't figurative, like "she's called the God of Death because she kills people a lot". Yet we never saw her actually do anything death-related except use the Eternal Flame to bring back a load of zombies and a big dog. She mostly just summoned really big swords, so she's presumably capable of way more than we saw in Ragnarok.

I'd be really surprised if Surtr was able to kill her but the best Odin could do is seal her away for about 1500 years. I think she'll be back.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
But we didn't know. His composition or his actor is irrelevant, I'm merely pointing out that if Marvel wanted to keep an appearance quiet, they've shown they can.
And I'm pointing out much easier it was to keep Red Skull secret than it would be to keep Hela secret. His composition or his actor is very much relevant when it comes to the level of ease with keeping someone's involvement in a movie a secret.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
If Blanchett had been on the sets for A4, we would have known by now. At some point, comic book nerds are going to have to accept this thanos' motivation isn't getting his giant purple ding dong out.

I don't know. He wanted to kill half the universe. He did that, but now he has no family or friends. Dude is probably lonely. Who's to say that he doesn't meet up with some version of Death in A4 and decides that he wants to wipe out the other half?

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Odin is stronger than Surtr. He defeated him "half a million years ago" and stole the Eternal Flame from him, stripping him of his powers and exiling him on Muspelheim.
I thought "stolen" implied he took it without beating him, but I don't know too much about it. What I wrote was mostly in reference to the little I know of Norse Mythology, should have clarified it.

Status
Not open for further replies.