• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
FAr28f2.gif
My heart sinks again. Heartbreaking stuff. The reaction is something else.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
yeah but we know they won't be for long. they made that too obvious. I don't see how that doesn't matter. If you don't believe it, it didn't work
That sounds more like a personal problem and not a problem with the film itself.

Based on a story over 20 years old in a genre where the only person who doesn't come back to life is Uncle Ben and Bruce Waynes parents.

In a information age where whenever Kevin feige breaths it gets a thread here, it's impossible to sell you, a forum user that the heroes are really dead.

End of the day you can't look at it as believable, you have to look at it...as the journey. Like Thanos is going to eventually lose, but that's been known since we knew this story was coming.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree its the time gem because the comics had adam warlock and silver surfer and this movie has neither. And Dr Strange did give up the time gem so it's probably going be Captain Marvel + Time Gem (I'm guessing Nebula will play a big role in part II).

I was actually surprised when Dr Strange died.

She fixed the snap in the comics.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
they were never realistically going to kill off Spiderman
Even if they wanted to, Sony would never allow it ;)

The guy sitting next to me went "Yes!!!" when that happened. Probably thought it meant Cap stays alive as speculation was either Cap or Tony was gonna get permanent death.
Haha, that's ice cold :)

I was actually surprised when Dr Strange died.
It brings the necessary tension to the next film. They know there's a way to save the day, but the only person who knows exactly how it needs to play out is gone. They're flying blind.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was the first time ever that my screening was complete silence from the snap to the cut to black of the ending, nobody believed that just happened, it was complete silence, just tension, holy shit what a powerful ending that was jesus fuck. Once the credits started rolling people in my theater were "What the fuck?!?! No fucking way"

This was such an unique experience, I can't wait to rewatch it saturday with my girlfriend

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So Hawkeye and Antman are under house arrest because they didn't want to leave their families so they made a deal.

I imagine they will be big characters in the sequel

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo.....At the end, basically only the original Avengers survived, right? Besides a few others, and Hawkeye is probably alive too....They will totally have a "Avengers Assemble" scene next movie, won't they? Since is probably the last movie of the original cast that would make total sense and be just so great.

Derpot

Nov 18, 2017
France
This was the first time ever that my screening was complete silence from the snap to the cut to black of the ending, nobody believed that just happened, it was complete silence, just tension, holy shit what a powerful ending that was jesus fuck. Once the credits started rolling people in my theater were "What the fuck?!?! No fucking way"

This was such an unique experience, I can't wait to rewatch it saturday with my girlfriend

Same here! The room was quiet lol

When I saw that Thanos's gauntlet was broken, I thought "hah it's broken, so nothing happened, right, it failed"
*Bucky turns into dust*
"Oh shit"

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen an ending reaction in Cinema before. Was sort of Quiet, stunned, like somebody had died and nobody quite believed it!
It was the first time I've experienced a theater just straight up not leave their seats while the credits were rolling.

Like, even when Marvel movies had conditioned people to stay for the post-credits scenes, I'd go into Black Panther, Guardians 2, Spider-Man Homecoming etc. with at least half the theater in the process of getting up and leaving. But that didn't happen this time, 90% of the entire theater sat put, waiting with baited breath. The silence in the theater was palpable.

It was surreal and compounded by how eerily subdued the credits for this movie was. I expected bombastic CG like they always do in these movies, but nope, it's just text popping in on the screen to quiet and contemplative music. Like I'm watching a horror/drama movie instead of a sci-fi action movie for kids.

Deleted member 1062

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they all have impact by virtue of the survivors having to witness them dying. I think most of us were so in shock that they actually did the Snap and showed the effects of it that we were too stunned to take in the following scenes, but they really have emotional impact when you see them again.

FAr28f2.gif
oh my god. kids are going to lose their shit

Oct 27, 2017
Just came out from the cinema. I know they wanted to give Thanos motivation and I'm fine with that that, but there were a few moments where they were doing stuff with music and delivery that almost felt like they were supposed to make heroic? Idk but that just caught me off guard and made me think "really?". Also I noticed there were a few things from the trailers that either weren't in or they used alternative takes. I know this happens all the time, but I couldn't unsee it tbh.

They did some great stuff with Thor though. That part with him and Rocket in the ship and him trying to maintain a brave face was really good.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

I have never seen an ending reaction in Cinema before. Was sort of Quiet, stunned, like somebody had died and nobody quite believed it!

Same thing in my showing. People were shocked. That quietness after the snap was haunting.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just came out from the cinema. I know they wanted to give Thanos motivation and I'm fine with that that, but there were a few moments where they were doing stuff with music and delivery that almost felt like they were supposed to make heroic? Idk but that just caught me off guard and made me think "really?". Also I noticed there were a few things from the trailers that either weren't in or they used alternative takes. I know this happens all the time, but I couldn't unsee it tbh.

They did some great stuff with Thor though. That part with him and Rocket in the ship and him trying to maintain a brave face was really good.
If you think of Thanos' character as the "hero" of his own story, no matter how warped his logic may be, the framing of the movie makes a lot of sense. He sees himself as a messiah.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
So did anyone of you catch that Arrested Development cameo? My friend told me it was with the Collector's but I missed it

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The way Groot and Spidey are towards Rocket and Iron Man when dying was bloody sad. So was Cap saying "Thor, Thor" when seeing Bucky die. Jesus Christ, Marvel.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, first time this has happened to me.

Right in front of my SO lol.

When I thought Stark was about to die my heartbeat went crazy, as in fight or flight response.

wow thats awesome.

I had two super annoying dorks next to me calling out stupid shit constantly like ohhhh THATS RED SKULL. And thats CAPTAIN AMERICA. I mean WTF who else could it be.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Just finished watching. Dang Loki and Heimdall getting offed like that within 5 mins of the movie XD I guess Thanos left half the Asgardian alive, but they're dead anyway because the ship exploded?

Was great watching it without knowing much other than the trailer lol. Thanos was great overall I feel.

Anyway so where is Hawkeye and Antman? any other major characters that were missing in this?

I think Gamora should've been more squished falling from that kind of height, but I guess need to keep it family friendly :X

Also, I don't really follow the release timeframe; so there will be a Captain Marvel movie coming before the next Avenger?

Inferno

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa, FL
wow thats awesome.

I had two super annoying dorks next to me calling out stupid shit constantly like ohhhh THATS RED SKULL. And thats CAPTAIN AMERICA. I mean WTF who else could it be.

Not as bad as the guy who sat next to me in Suicide Squad who kept referring to Harley as his "girlfriend"

"Oh yeah, there's my girlfriend!"

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The way Groot and Spidey are towards Rocket and Iron Man when dying was bloody sad. So was Cap saying "Thor, Thor" when seeing Bucky die. Jesus Christ, Marvel.
Spidey, the kid who he'd repeatedly pushed beyond his limits and desperately tried to keep out of harms way. He died trying to live up to Tony.

Groot. The only person Rocket can't push away, and whose father died saving Rocket.

Bucky. Cap has literally gone through so much shit to save him and see his mind clear.

Even if impermanent, those reactions are real guys.

Sturoboros

Oct 27, 2017
I touched on this in an earlier post - but what sort of character will Rocket be going forward? He's now lost Groot twice, and Yondu. Could have a tremendous impact on his character going forward.

FAr28f2.gif

Posting again for the beauty in it's sadness.

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers 4: Heroes trying to beat the shit out of a harmless farmer and stole his jewelry to travel back in time

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't think all the Asgardians are death on that ship Thanos blew up. I could easily see half of them being teleported out throughout the galaxy. I still believe the "wipe out half the universe" is a per planet term, so half the people of every population.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't think all the Asgardians are death on that ship Thanos blew up. I could easily see half of them being teleported out throughout the galaxy. I still believe the "wipe out half the universe" is a per planet term, so half the people of every population.
Thor 4 intro : Thor orders Heimdall to bifrost out as many asgardians as he can while Thanos is invading their ship.
Tada. It's so hard I know.

Oct 27, 2017
If you think of Thanos' character as the "hero" of his own story, no matter how warped his logic may be, the framing of the movie makes a lot of sense. He sees himself as a messiah.
Nah nah nah, I don't have a problem with him seeing himself as a hero. You could say that about any antagonist. It's that there were a few moments where they were doing stuff with music where it felt like they wanted us to see him as that and just felt off to me.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Thor 4 intro : Thor orders Heimdall to bifrost out as many asgardians as he can while Thanos is invading their ship.
Tada. It's so hard I know.
That's what I'm saying. It's not hard to imagine half their population is still alive. Didn't Thor also say Thanos only wiped out half of them in Infinity War? Also Heimdall's dead lol. Thor can use the bifrost from Stormbreaker but he can't find the people, since that was Heimdall's ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.