• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa, FL
Wasn't it confirmed that Tessa was on set for at least a day or two? I wonder if there was a sequence with her that got cut, or if she's going to play a role in A4.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Anyone else feel the reason the Hulk won't come out is because of how hard Thanos beat his ass at the outset?

The Hulk persona seems to have a very adolescent mentality and is easily riled, becoming petulant and sullen.

Also, I loved that scene. It was a great way to demonstrate how Thanos is operating on an entirely different power level.

'Let him have his fun.'

Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the punch. :)

Totally. Hulk was embarassed and, more importantly, actually scared.

Soul stone lit up once or twice during the Wakanda fight, when he was phasing people out of existence

Yeah I'm pretty sure he used it to phase the Hulkbuster through him and into the wall behind him (that might have been the reality stone though, their powersets after a point begin to bleed into one another)

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
"I'll get that arm..."

I think it makes sense. Hulk defines himself as the strongest one there is. This was the first time had lost a fight. And he lost it pretty badly.

Hulk is a child who just got his ass kicked for the first time. Of course he's scared. It's an interesting new angle for him.

I agree. Hulk been doing nothing but swiping tournaments left and right without contest.

And he just went 0-2, got perfected on the last match. Thanos might as well told our mans that he was FREE.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Tip-toeing around and neutering their own movies so die-hard geeks (I'm part of that too) won't be as miffed on how an adaptation of a story you can read in comics, and all future works based on those comics, plays out, is a wasted effort.

They had more than succeeded in getting the audience to respond how they want, even with "obvious" and "lame" deaths.

We'll part on opinions, but I'll say again, the "they shouldn't show who dies from the snap" is absolutely stupid from a screenwriting, emotional, and narrative standpoint, and exists as a negative use of the "Rule of Cool" trope. Yeah, it'll be cool if that happens but it'll make no damn sense. It'll take you out of the film. It's for cheap suspense instead of genuine gravitas.

Why are you hung up on the snap? Lol

Are you reading my replies?

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
I think you're mistaken childishness with being hothead. Peter has always been impulsive from the first moment we met him in Guardians of the Galaxy. So it's not out of character for him to go into rage mode when the woman he loved was murdered.
That I understood. I'm talking about the shit with Thor on the ship. I get it's played for laughs, but it got old for me real quick.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back, I love all the theories about the missing Soul Stone before this one came out. It's in Heimdal! ITS HIS EYES! It must be in Wakanda!

Nah, it's just on some mountain somewhere waiting for a sacrifice.

Oct 29, 2017
Why do the actors that play Black Panther / Spiderman HAVE to come back exactly?

Surely they can follow the Batman example that the superhero is an idea, not a person. Black Panther is just the king of Wakanda, and can be replaced by the next person in line to the throne. And maybe even Miles Morales can be the new Spider-Man?

Of course none of those things will happen, but seeing as everyone seems to have already worked out what's going to happen in A4, keeping them dead would be an incredibly ballsy move from Marvel.

Tom Holland and Chadwick Boseman's takes on those characters are adored by too many people for them to dare try that. Black Panther in partiular blew up WAY more than anyone expected, so there's no way they'd get off that gravy train after just 2 stops.

Still, I would like to see how they'd handle all these deaths being permanent.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just saw a YouTube comment that said the reason Spider-man went out panicking is because of his Spider-sense, in addition to being young. I have to watch the movie again to confirm, but that turns the screws even harder on his death.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tom Holland and Chadwick Boseman's takes on those characters are adored by too many people for them to dare try that. Black Panther in partiular blew up WAY more than anyone expected, so there's no way they'd get off that gravy train after just 2 stops.

Still, I would like to see how they'd handle all these deaths being permanent.

Also Miles is like 3 at the current time.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back, I love all the theories about the missing Soul Stone before this one came out. It's in Heimdal! ITS HIS EYES! It must be in Wakanda!

Nah, it's just on some mountain somewhere waiting for a sacrifice.

Gamora being the soul stone was definitely speculated and the ended up being pretty damn close to how it played out

which I was fine with honestly because I could feel it coming when they were walking up the mountain and then she starts laughing like "you don't love shit, lol nice try Thanos. you're done" and I'm sitting there like "no honey, it's you. it's always been you."

Oct 25, 2017
NC
I'm dumb but just realized this is why they stopped actively marketing this as a two-parter

tenor.gif

Goddamn....

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really loved most of the film but the ending just didnt land for me.

Such a cop out to "fade" characters who you know will be back next film instead of actually killing someone important.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Wanda should have always been OP, it always annoyed me how simple and generic they made her. She was still kind of generic, but she was at least more powerful.

She took out Proxima in a second, picked up those giant drills and turned them around on the enemy, and actually managed to destroy an Infinity Gem while holding back Thanos at the same time.

Sure it's no "No more mutants" but it's a definite step up from her other appearances.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Because you know they're just not dead.

I felt nothing for any of those deaths, it was obvious the moment it started happening that they'd be coming back.

But they are dead in that moment and they literally vanish right in front of their friends and loved ones who clearly don't know what's happening. I felt the impact regardless of their inevitable return.

I mean, these are all fictional character regardless so we can go back and forth forever on the emotions we allot for them but even knowing the nature of the story, I thought there was real impact in their erasures.

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
Anyone else feel the reason the Hulk won't come out is because of how hard Thanos beat his ass at the outset?

The Hulk persona seems to have a very adolescent mentality and is easily riled, becoming petulant and sullen.

Also, I loved that scene. It was a great way to demonstrate how Thanos is operating on an entirely different power level.

'Let him have his fun.'

I would say that's the general consensus.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

'Let him have his fun.'

that's pretty obvious.

Was that really how it went down? I swear Bucky was the first to go.

heimedal.

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't ready for the ending.
T'challa's acting all kingly ready for the next part. Then vanishes.
Sam dying unnoticed.
Peter Parker's utter despair.
All of it.
Man, wtf. Thanos, you absolute goon.
tenor.gif

On a lighter(lol) note, Thor's my favourite character in the MCU now, 100%. He lost so much but still keeps himself up in high spirits. What a legend.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
These movies don't make billions off the backs of "die-hard geeks", they do that because they succeed and resonate with the general public. That being said, there were enough callbacks and lore references to lore bullshit that held a geek like me over, and in the end I was still swept up in the tragedy of the moment when they showed everyone disappearing. There were actually quite a few "not you too!" and cries of despair as they gradually revealed who didn't make it.

I loved the movie. It was still way too fucking safe for my taste. And I really don't give a shit about the Hollywood machine when discussing geeky stuff like this. I understand why certain decisions are made. I can still voice my hatred for them (in detail).

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
the real impact was the reaction of the 16 year old kid realizing he was about to meet his end and there was nothing he could do about it

everyone else was eh

Jacklw25

Apr 14, 2018
I feel like they established each character so well in Black Panther that M'Baku or W'Kabi taking over as King wouldn't really affect the franchise that much.

Maybe Tom Holland's Spiderman going out this early isn't the best thing to do though as there isn't a viable option to take over just yet, especially if Miles is as young as 3 currently.

Then again if A4 has a time jump…

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I wasn't ready for the ending.
T'challa's acting all kingly ready for the next part. Then vanishes.
Sam dying unnoticed.
Peter Parker's utter despair.
All of it.
Man, wtf. Thanos, you absolute goon.
tenor.gif

On a lighter(lol) note, Thor's my favourite character in the MCU now, 100%. He lost so much but still keeps himself up in high spirits. What a legend.
where's my

THANOS WAS RIGHT

t-shirt at

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Like for real, there are definitely plausible criticisms for this film but the "no stakes" shit is completely absurd.

*Thanos literally kills half the universe*

"No stakes! The right people didn't die! It'll be undone!"

Inferno

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa, FL
There are so many huge movie stars in this film that they hired Idris Elba specifically to lie on the floor and make a "i'm dead" face

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I just saw a YouTube comment that said the reason Spider-man went out panicking is because of his Spider-sense, in addition to being young. I have to watch the movie again to confirm, but that turns the screws even harder on his death.
I love this and it makes perfect sense.

He's just starting to learn how to use his spider sense... first on the bus when his arm hairs stand up... then on Titan when he warns everyone that they're about to be attacked (by the Guardians).

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really loved most of the film but the ending just didnt land for me.

Such a cop out to "fade" characters who you know will be back next film instead of actually killing someone important.

Given the nature of the Infinity Stones and the Gauntlet, any deaths at this stage are clearly reversible so I don't know why it matters that they die by crumbling into the ether.

It's very much in line with what Thanos does in the comics.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Many people care about their relationship. It's one of the most important in Marvel.

Because they would have shown him dead.

Him and Valkyrie are 100% alive. They weren't in the movie and they made a point to say half of the Asgardians were killed.

I can't remember the exact end of Ragnarok, but weren't all Asgardians on that ship? And then after Thanos leaves they blow up the ship? Thor survives because he is a god, but the others?

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I loved the movie. It was still way too fucking safe for my taste. And I really don't give a shit about the Hollywood machine when discussing geeky stuff like this. I understand why certain decisions are made. I can still voice my hatred for them (in detail).

I mean you can still have your issues while still loving it, you do you, but chalking up the general movie-going public liking it due to the machinations of "the Hollywood machine" is a disingenuous take and criminally downplays the technical skill at play behind the camera for that to happen.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the real impact was the reaction of the 16 year old kid realizing he was about to meet his end and there was nothing he could do about it

everyone else was eh

Agreed. Even though he's obviously coming back, it was probably the one that hit the hardest. Holland's acting was incredibly on point for that scene

Status
Not open for further replies.