• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
If the snap-deaths were permanent, they would have killed off at least one of the old crew. That they killed off the new guys only is a giveaway.

In the end, I think the only big death in this movie that sticks will be Gamora, because that totally changes Peter's character.

And for all the people giving Quill shit, Tony would have done the same thing had it been Pepper.

Oct 25, 2017
"Come Okoye, this is not the place to die."

My king.
4hrf0djCoQcLKbA34mEm85NrOdU3wU6O4Gb5sXD43N8k7vxo9CTJfHJaz9fD9AH3jSE7NWbgoXmrPqGqV5Qy39RuUkQLPok=s0-d

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
On a lighter(lol) note, Thor's my favourite character in the MCU now, 100%. He lost so much but still keeps himself up in high spirits. What a legend.

Wouldn't say he's my favourite but he's certainly shot up to the top three in the space of two films. That little bit of him and Rocket where just briefly he looks like he's about to burst into tears before he starts smiling again...god damn man.

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the snap-deaths were permanent, they would have killed off at least one of the old crew. That they killed off the new guys only is a giveaway.

In the end, I think the only big death in this movie that sticks will be Gamora, because that totally changes Peter's character.

And for all the people giving Quill shit, Tony would have done the same thing had it been Pepper.

I mean people forget that Stark lost his shit basically months ago when he found out who killed his mother.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Did people forget the end of gotg2? I don't get anyone giving him shit, it's in his character to be super emotional and hotheaded.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just realized that they have the exact moment right before Quill turns to dust in one of the trailers. Him going "...Oh man."

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At the start, Tony talks to Pepper about having a dream of them having a kid called Morgan - is that of any significance ?

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
You might as well just never watch movies because happy endings are a thing. "I just watch the first and last 10 minutes as it's all that's needed"

Guys, we're talking about comic book movies.

Death being a small hiccup in a character's arc has been an issue for comicbooks for DECADES.

We can't simulaneously say "People who don't like this movie are probably not invested in comicbook stories!" and then simultaneously dismiss criticism tied to the biggest bugbear in comicbook storytelling.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, do people really think they're going to perma-death half the MCU?

Did anyone ever think that was in the cards?

In the very medium this film is predicated on, NOBODY STAYS DEAD.

Welcome to comic books.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Overheard at the doctors office: "okay I'm not going to tell you who died. I'm just going to say... half of everyone."

I am sooo fucking glad I switched my tix to last night because this shit is going to be everywhere today

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they do a double showing of this and A4 at my cinema next year because that would be perfect.

Jacklw25

Apr 14, 2018
Black Panther could have very well had T'Challa die and bring in Shuri as the new one as everyone loves her but Spidey?

Hell no does Sony let Marvel kill him off, ESPECIALLY in a non-Sony movie.

Yep I'm divided. On one hand I really want Marvel to come out and do something which is virtually unheard of in comic book films, but at the same time I absolutely love Holland's Spider-Man.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, we're talking about comic book movies.

Death being a small hiccup in a character's arc has been an issue for comicbooks for DECADES.

We can't simulaneously say "People who don't like this movie are probably not invested in comicbook stories!" and then simultaneously dismiss criticism tied to the biggest bugbear in comicbook storytelling.
People are totally dismissing that shit will go down in A4 too. No, they won't just bring everybody back and have a happy ending.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While there will certainly be some undoing, there will likely be cost for it. And you can't criticize this movie for not having any stakes based on imperfect knowledge of the next movie. I mean, you can, but it's invalid criticism.
Nah I can. When Spider-Man and Black Panther disintegrate, I ,as an audience member , know with 100% certainty that this status quo won't last long. 0 stakes.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
He has a Champion Statue on Takaar in Ragnarok. Its in the trailer, if you want to go find it. Wayyy in the background

He was in background as one of Grandmasters champions along with Man-Thing

Holy shiiiiiit

I google'd and found an article that said he even had a cameo but they cut it saying "If you can't do it justice do it later" fffff Beta Ray Bill confirmed for future MCU aaahhhh!!!

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
People are totally dismissing that shit will go down in A4 too. No, they won't just bring everybody back and have a happy ending.

They'll undo everything and then the glove (new glove?) Will blow up scattering or even destroying the gems. Will have a fight where a few heroes will die with out a way to bring them back.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
strange was one of the stars of the film. dude can't carry his own film, but working off the other characters in ragnarok and now infinity war? awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.