• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
You know what?

As teary eyed as everyone gets at the finale (and some at the intro with Thor losing Loki and Heimdall), I think the most emotional moment in the film is Thanos tossing Gamora off the cliff. "This isn't love" :*(
The visuals of that entire sequence are probably the best in the film as well.

Oh no... now I need to watch this masterpiece again. Movie of the year 2018.

mo1ddqv.gif

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
You know what?

As teary eyed as everyone gets at the finale (and some at the intro with Thor losing Loki and Heimdall), I think the most emotional moment in the film is Thanos tossing Gamora off the cliff. "This isn't love" :*(
The visuals of that entire sequence are probably the best in the film as well.

Oh no... now I need to watch this masterpiece again. Movie of the year 2018.

mo1ddqv.gif

Saldana knocks it out of the park in that scene.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I think the scene of her mocking Thanos could have been a bit shorter. There was no need for the drawn out speech by Gamora when it was pretty quickly obvious what was going to happen next.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious how captain marvel will tie in to A4. She can't be the big hero that defeats Thanos - too new and too many established characters that have lost a lot, so I guess they'll want the old guard to defeat him, so she'll be more like a significant helping hand?

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Emotionally the only moment that really connected with me was Stark having Peter die in his arms.

Its hard connecting to Thanos/Gamora since their relationship got so little play. Tony and Peter on the other hand, especially with Tony talking about having kids at the start of the film just wrecked me.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
They pay more attention to that stuff after Phase 2. They know that people often complained about the absence of some Avengers from some Phase 2 movies and while it may be a nitpick, it is something that instantly pops to mind when you see that the President of the US is held hostage in Iron Man 3 and Cap is nowhere to be seen or that three huge helicarriers are shooting up the sky in The Winter Soldier and Iron Man is AFK. In Ant-Man it was explained by Pym's mistrust towards Shield and Stark, in Civil War both Thor and Hulk were absent for valid reasons, in Dr Strange Wong says that the Avengers protect the world from physical threats while the wizards from mystical, in Homecoming the villain is considered too small time for the Avengers and in Infinity War every absence is explained. I'm sure they'll find a decent explanation for why Fury didn't summon Carol earlier.

Maybe Carol, like Pym, hates SHIELD for valid reasons that will be explained in the movie, so Fury knew that Carol will only come back for nothing short than the end of the world as we know it (and wouldn't have considered the Chitauri or Ultron as big-league enough for that given what she deals with on a regular basis).

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Chances the next film opens with Hawkeye finally having much needed family time only to watch them disintegrate?

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
They pay more attention to that stuff after Phase 2. They know that people often complained about the absence of some Avengers from some Phase 2 movies and while it may be a nitpick, it is something that instantly pops to mind when you see that the President of the US is held hostage in Iron Man 3 and Cap is nowhere to be seen or that three huge helicarriers are shooting up the sky in The Winter Soldier and Iron Man is AFK. In Ant-Man it was explained by Pym's mistrust towards Shield and Stark, in Civil War both Thor and Hulk were absent for valid reasons, in Dr Strange Wong says that the Avengers protect the world from physical threats while the wizards from mystical, in Homecoming the villain is considered too small time for the Avengers and in Infinity War every absence is explained. I'm sure they'll find a decent explanation for why Fury didn't summon Carol earlier.

I don't think Fury knew a threat with as much power as Thanos was out there until people started disappearing... and then it was an instant "Oh Shit" reaction to immediately summon her. What I'm more interested in is why Fury didn't consider her when assembling the original Avengers. If her movie does take place in the 90's, something must have happened to chop her from his original Avengers lineup.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Fury knew a threat with as much power as Thanos was out there until people started disappearing... and then it was an instant "Oh Shit" reaction to immediately summon her. What I'm more interested in is why Fury didn't consider her when assembling the original Avengers. If her movie does take place in the 90's, something must have happened to chop her from his original Avengers lineup.
I read something (don't remember where) where they explained that he never considered any of the previous incidents serious enough to warrant her getting involved, and that the ones he had readily available were enough to handle it.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
It's probably just going to be one of those things people are just going to have to live with. Fury saw that people were randomly dying, so he assumed some of the Avengers would fall victim and pushes the panic button. As far as Avengers 1; Carol is probably so OP that even Loki is small potatoes and she has bigger fish to fry.

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
Reality stone is used in the movie to show different realities or Titan's past as an illusion.

But what i remember from T. The dark world is that stone can actually change the reallity. That's why the dark elfs wanted to change the universe as was before.

I wondering if you can use stones and gauntlet power to amplify that power.

So my question is, it was really necessary for Thanos wipe out half of life? Can you use the infinity stones to create more resources? Can you use the stones to create a net of planets operated by robots or lifeforms to secure infinite resources? Can you use the stones to create a balance for an intergalactic trade between species? Is there any limit for what the stones can do?

Oct 25, 2017
Reality stone is used in the movie to show different realities or Titan's past as an illusion.

But what i remember from T. The dark world is that stone can actually change the reallity. That's why the dark elfs wanted to change the universe as was before.

So my question is, it was really necessary for Thanos wipe out half of life? Can you use the infinity stones to create more resources? Can you use the stones to create a net of planets operated by robots or lifeforms to secure infinite resources? Can you use the stones to create a balance for an intergalactic trade between species? Is there any limit for what the stones can do?

This was discussed extensively months ago, if he just kept making resources the universe would keep growing at an unsustainable rate..........and he's crazy too

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I'm going to assume Carol pushes Fury in the 90s to start thinking about the Avengers, and gives him the pager only if he truly needs her.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So I just got to watch this today for the very first time.

It was so so good. This is how you do an ensemble movie, every scene had time for you to digest, and gave ever character these moments.

Thanos is just incredible. The screen time, dialogue and writing of him was fantastic. I love the ending so much, it's just amazing stuff.
So true, your words are like poetry you are one of my favorite posters on ERA. I look forward to all your opinions. You are so awesome

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I imagine it was the shortest fight ever, but damn I would've loved to see Thanos and the Children laying waste to the Asgardian ship. Those five against Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Valkyrie, and Hulk must have been a sight to behold.

Each had a match, too. Thor VS Thanos, Loki VS Maw, Heimdall VS Glaive, Hulk VS Cull, Valkyrie VS Proxima.

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it was the shortest fight ever, but damn I would've loved to see Thanos and the Children laying waste to the Asgardian ship. Those five against Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Valkyrie, and Hulk must have been a sight to behold.

Each had a match, too. Thor VS Thanos, Loki VS Maw, Heimdall VS Glaive, Hulk VS Cull, Valkyrie VS Proxima.

I didn't feel like I needed to see that, but I would have liked to have seen the attack on Xandar. We didn't really get to see what Thanos was capable of before having any of the stones, but I imagine it was messy.

Lurcharound

Oct 27, 2017
UK
You're overthinking it. The snap doesn't erase anyone's ancestors.
I'm assuming not - my point was I'd find it more interesting if it did as that would allow him to have made the change in the past and restored his home-world. I'd find this more believable given the motivation they tried to establish for him (I say tried because I'm of the view they didn't succeed in making his motivation sound).

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming not - my point was I'd find it more interesting if it did as that would allow him to have made the change in the past and restored his home-world. I'd find this more believable given the motivation they tried to establish for him (I say tried because I'm of the view they didn't succeed in making his motivation sound).

....what?

His motivation was saving the universe from the fate his home world suffered. Not saving his home world.

Nov 30, 2017

The reality stone isn't a wish card. It is only ever shown to alter the physical properties of the surrounding atoms that it is pointed at.

Not once is it ever implied or shown to create new energy source or create new matter.

So there is no way to create unlimited resources as he is only limited to the available matter and energy in the visible universe.

Basic law of physics, energy cannot be created nor destroyed. So no he cannot create unlimited resources.

Also increasing resources on a planet, I often wonder who even paid attention in science? What do you think happens when you increase the mass of a planet?

There are a multitude of cascading effects with increasing resources and I don't feel like going over them all.

Not to mention entropy being a big factor.

Also the power required to kill half the universe overpowered the capacity of the gauntlet. So It's only a one time use thing.

I suggest you play Universe Sandbox 2 and mess with adding a bunch of planets to our solar system and see how it affects the Earth's orbit around the sun. Or introduce mass increases and watch the ramifications.

Last edited:

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
I'm curious how captain marvel will tie in to A4. She can't be the big hero that defeats Thanos - too new and too many established characters that have lost a lot, so I guess they'll want the old guard to defeat him, so she'll be more like a significant helping hand?

Here's the thing, most of these characters straight up want to kill Thanos. Cap Marvel needs to show up as the one person who can go toe to toe with Thanos and put him down, but doesn't. She destroys the glove and cuts a heroic speech...

Then Nebula grabs the gauntlet and says no more Thanos. She drops the gauntlet like a mic, and just leaves.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately if someone does finish off Thanos it has to be Tony. Begin and end this Era of the MCU with Iron Man.

Jul 18, 2018
Just watched this phone for first time via international flight. I have to say, Marvel Studios did an amazing job humanizing Thanos, another comic book film (Black Panther) that finally gives the villain some sort of humanity for the audience to relate to. His scenes with Gamora were all done well and even his last scene alone. I however have some criticisms with the film, but they are just more personal wishes, but here is just a taste

-I wish there were more scenes with Doctor Strange using his powers, i feel he is so underrated but he seems so OP and they could have incorporated more of the visual styles from his solo movie into this to make it more unique
-Dialog is dull again when focused on the heroes, but that's a given now with the team up movies
-Some of the character choices seem so unrealistic or were not natural, especially with Star Lord etc
-Pre hype on the henchmen seemed they would be the primary villains in movie, instead they were just small set pieces, kind of disappointing. Only one that was worth watching was the one henchmen that fought Strange
-Scope of movie was huge, but this could have easily been a nice 3 part movie, but instead you have so many rushed set pieces and story lines, making some of the characters feel useless, which leads to..
-The ending death scenes for many of the heroes, i honestly didn't feel any sadness over them or a care. It felt too hasty and probably due to know emotional attachment because of how rushed everything was

I think deep down inside really want another Doctor Strange movie or a bigger role with him in the next flick haha, possibly him and cap marvel fking shit up

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this for the first time recently. I....I wasn't ready.

I thought I got slightly spoiled a month or so ago about someone getting killed off in the film. I wasn't ready for all this, good lord. Of course I assume SOME of those killed off at the end will be coming back just because of them having movies being made for next year but still....

Great movie though but that ending, a movie hasn't made me feel that...sad/hopeless in a long while.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched this phone for first time via international flight. I have to say, Marvel Studios did an amazing job humanizing Thanos, another comic book film (Black Panther) that finally gives the villain some sort of humanity for the audience to relate to. His scenes with Gamora were all done well and even his last scene alone. I however have some criticisms with the film, but they are just more personal wishes, but here is just a taste

-I wish there were more scenes with Doctor Strange using his powers, i feel he is so underrated but he seems so OP and they could have incorporated more of the visual styles from his solo movie into this to make it more unique
-Dialog is dull again when focused on the heroes, but that's a given now with the team up movies
-Some of the character choices seem so unrealistic or were not natural, especially with Star Lord etc
-Pre hype on the henchmen seemed they would be the primary villains in movie, instead they were just small set pieces, kind of disappointing. Only one that was worth watching was the one henchmen that fought Strange
-Scope of movie was huge, but this could have easily been a nice 3 part movie, but instead you have so many rushed set pieces and story lines, making some of the characters feel useless, which leads to..
-The ending death scenes for many of the heroes, i honestly didn't feel any sadness over them or a care. It felt too hasty and probably due to know emotional attachment because of how rushed everything was

I think deep down inside really want another Doctor Strange movie or a bigger role with him in the next flick haha, possibly him and cap marvel fking shit up

To address somethings (those in bold)

Star Lord's actions were entirely in character, nothing he did was out of character or unrealistic for a person in his situation. No one completely logical or rational. And Star Lord as someone who keeps getting loved ones ripped out of his life, his actions make complete sense as to why he would freak out.

Well the movie is only the first part. We have Part 2 coming out next year.

I think the quickness the 'dusting' was, is a good thing. It's supposed to be a quick thing. Had it been a slow and terrible process it would have gone against what Thanos wishes were for it to be a painless process. This makes Spider-Man's dusting worst because he was the only one (due to his spidey-sense) to get a warning that he was about to die and had a chance to freak out about it.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Well, Thanos had to realize it wasn't gonna be painless. Millions more probably died on Earth alone just from the mechanical malfunctions, planes falling, car crashes, construction accidents, etc.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018

Killing off Strange actually dampened my hype for avengers 4 quite a bit. He was great in IW, both acting and powers wise

I hope the "leak" with him talking to some large CGI character is true. It's time for the celestials to make an appearance

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Thanos had to realize it wasn't gonna be painless. Millions more probably died on Earth alone just from the mechanical malfunctions, planes falling, car crashes, construction accidents, etc.

Well he was mainly concerned with those who were dusted and not those remaining.

Isn't called the Mad Titan for nothin!

Jul 18, 2018
To address somethings (those in bold)

Star Lord's actions were entirely in character, nothing he did was out of character or unrealistic for a person in his situation. No one completely logical or rational. And Star Lord as someone who keeps getting loved ones ripped out of his life, his actions make complete sense as to why he would freak out.

Well the movie is only the first part. We have Part 2 coming out next year.

I think the quickness the 'dusting' was, is a good thing. It's supposed to be a quick thing. Had it been a slow and terrible process it would have gone against what Thanos wishes were for it to be a painless process. This makes Spider-Man's dusting worst because he was the only one (due to his spidey-sense) to get a warning that he was about to die and had a chance to freak out about it.

See idk if i got that from being a casual GoG watcher, thought he was somewhat level minded, guess you have more insight about him so perspectives changed ;\. Idk that whole tug of war scene with Thanos just seemed ridiculous and how it ended.

No qualms with how they died, just the lead up/sequence of events to the actual deaths and after. Meant how i felt they were trying to put so much into 1 film, that the weight of many of their deaths to me didn't feel as weighted. Was really no room to somewhat breathe the characters out to have some emotional attachment to. Again, this is just my personal issue with it, i just thought Infinity War would have been better as a Trilogy instead so we can get more breathing room with all the characters to set up the sequences of the quick deaths

Killing off Strange actually dampened my hype for avengers 4 quite a bit. He was great in IW, both acting and powers wise

I hope the "leak" with him talking to some large CGI character is true. It's time for the celestials to make an appearance

Right?!?! I thought i was alone with Strange, because everyone i asked outside the net didn't seem to care much about him at all. Idk if that's because many i know haven't even seen his solo flick, which i thought was great.
Oh wow, interesting news about leak and possibly celestial, that would be so awesome

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
As much as I love Dr. Strange's solo film, I'll always have a bad memory associated with it. The election occurred the night I saw it, and I learned the result when I got out.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I read something (don't remember where) where they explained that he never considered any of the previous incidents serious enough to warrant her getting involved, and that the ones he had readily available were enough to handle it.

If Captain Marvel really is that powerful, what villain can Marvel bring in for future films that would be a challenge for her?

A lot of things people are just going to have to live with. Like how the X-Men and Fantastic Four were never once mentioned to even exist in this universe, but now they do.

Hey I know we never mentioned this before and these guys haven't lifted a finger in the past 19 movies but our world is full of mutants and four powerful meta-humans.

Unless Captain Marvel was off world, then there is no real excuse for her not being involved earlier. Call Loki beneath her if you ant, but if the Avengers failed and he wiped out the entire population, what then?

The end of the world isn't something you go "Well maybe I don't need my absolute BEST person to deal with this, my B team has got this." You call upon every resource you have in your disposal, even if Captain Marvel just deals with it in five seconds.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Captain Marvel really is that powerful, what villain can Marvel bring in for future films that would be a challenge for her?

A lot of things people are just going to have to live with. Like how the X-Men and Fantastic Four were never once mentioned to even exist in this universe, but now they do.

Hey I know we never mentioned this before and these guys haven't lifted a finger in the past 19 movies but our world is full of mutants and four powerful meta-humans.

Unless Captain Marvel was off world, then there is no real excuse for her not being involved earlier. Call Loki beneath her if you ant, but if the Avengers failed and he wiped out the entire population, what then?

The end of the world isn't something you go "Well maybe I don't need my absolute BEST person to deal with this, my B team has got this." You call upon every resource you have in your disposal, even if Captain Marvel just deals with it in five seconds.
Doom, Galactus, Dormammu electric boogaloo, etc.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched it twice at home on my home theater. I think Thanos CGI (everything) on Titan is probably the most impressive thing I've ever seen on screen. The lighting, facial details, overall clarity in 4K is fucking spectacular. Like when he's shit talking with stark before he stabs him it's flat out incredible.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's the same "issue" with Thor and, in a way, Doctor Strange. You just have to give them much bigger fish to fight on their own and introduce villains that can't be beaten by raw power in crossovers.

It's not like Thor or Danvers could beat Galactus, for example, but they could certainly kick the crap out of the Silver Surfer.