• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Just to be insufferably pedantic, when discussing ensemble casts and blockbusters It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World had an insane cast (though, to stay pedantic, most were cameos) and made $60 million on a budget of $10 million. When translated to 2018 currency, that's like having an $80+ million budget and making $480 million.

Obviously, still different and before the era of the "modern" blockbuster that appeared in the late 70s.

As soon as I posted that reply, I was almost sure I would get called out for my lack of knowledge of big-ensemble blockbusters. Well, there it is. Well done. :)

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man, Mackie seems like he'd be super annoying in real life. Like one of those dudes who think they're hilarious and yell jokes obnoxiously non-stop.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What about Thanos's goons. I remember seeing the designs of them a while back and thinking they looked dope. Any word on how they were?

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
As soon as I posted that reply, I was almost sure I would get called out for my lack of knowledge of big-ensemble blockbusters. Well, there it is. Well done. :)

Ha!

And again, I want to make sure to include the caveat of being super pedantic with the knowledge that It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World still doesn't entirely fit the bill, not least of all because the idea of the blockbuster wasn't entirely around in its time.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
I bought this in long sleeve and wearing it on Friday.

29511747_212318179522489_5839362210505162752_n.png
'

I'm having trouble finding this exact shirt. What's the name of it?

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Stuckmann gave it B+ I assume that counts as positive for RT, if he's even on RT
I like Stuckmann's reviews for the most part but the dude lost a lot of goodwill from me when he prefaced his black panther review with preemptive defensiveness over the fact that he wasn't as in love with it as everyone else. It was two steps away from saying "I'm not racist, but-", and that's always a punk move

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It sucks that Avengers 4 is a year away after watching this. And Thanos isn't really playing around in this movie. He's rather threatening

Many people gasps at the ending and went silent when the credit starts rolling

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

This new TV spot is some spine chilling shit.

"I do hope ... those who survive... remember everything."

000.gif

Thanos trash talk game is on point.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I read the start of the title of whatever that video linked is, but jesus am I glad I stopped.
That's not what is actually happening in the video lol, it's just a regular TV spot with a massive click bait title attached to it.

I will replace it with the official non click bait title one.

Aquaman

Oct 27, 2017
why the hell are tv spots being posted in the freaking Review thread (even if titile is clickbait).

Just goddamn man

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am sorry guys, I though this was where the main discussion for the movie happening regarding promotional media, social media, reviews etc. The other thread is a spoiler one that no way am I stepping foot in any time soon. I just thought it was a cool TV spot to share that just came out.

Nov 30, 2017
I am sorry guys, I though this was where the main discussion for the movie happening regarding promotional media, social media, reviews etc. The other thread is a spoiler one that no way am I stepping foot in any time soon. I just thought it was a cool TV spot to share that just came out.

Here you go.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/marvel-cinematic-universe-i-hope-they-remember-you.467/

This is the thread for all trailers, rumors, speculation, theories, and News of the MCU.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
What's with the Captain America thread? I hate when people post stuff like that as titles (haven't clicked the thread out of pure spoiler-based fear)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
it reminded me of when someone made a thread back on GAF called "CORTANA DIES IN HALO 4."

Thread was deleted and the poster was perma'd but not before lots of people got spoiled through GAF and the Twitter accounts that automatically sent out tweets with new threads.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Zero, why in the ever-loving fuck would you clarify in here what the spoiler title originally said? Thanks dude.