• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are there any "jump scare" type things in the movie? Even relatively tame ones like Bucky punching through the helicopter in Civil War or Fury getting shot in the apartment in Winter Soldier? I hate that I'm sensitive to those sorts of things.

Oct 25, 2017
And it's not like I've never seen any movies before. Like.... just.. I can't even comprehend how something like this exists. How is it possible Feige signed on all of this. Jeeesus

Dec 2, 2017
Odeon in the UK are giving neat posters for anyone who see's it if anyone needs more motivation

31283459_150979509075681_2878564584930487738_n.jpg

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
This really did feel like the earned culmination of 10 years of work. It feels like the other movies have been 10 years of preparation so you audiences see ridiculous conceits ripped straight from the comics and not roll their eyes at it.

It has to be the fullest representation of superhero comics ever.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This really did feel like the earned culmination of 10 years of work. It feels like the other movies have been 10 years of preperation so you audiences see ridiculous conceits ripped straight from the comics and not roll their eyes at it.

This is exactly how I feel.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't... unenthused about this movie, but I didn't feel a lot of pressure to rush out and see it ASAP and that I'd really be missing out if I wasn't active in the zeitgeist. BUT, after reading some reviews and the impressions in this thread, I am hyped beyond belief!!

Gonna try to squeeze into a 10:30 showing at my neighborhood theater with Moviepass. It's a smaller theater and usually doesn't sell out with presale. As long as I check in a half hour early I should be fine. But then again, maybe this is the film that proves the exception!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This really did feel like the earned culmination of 10 years of work. It feels like the other movies have been 10 years of preparation so you audiences see ridiculous conceits ripped straight from the comics and not roll their eyes at it.

I was wondering how this movie might feel like the culmination of 10 years worth of movies if it's just half the story, but that makes sense. And I do remember the Russos or the writers mentioning years ago how what they were planning for Infinity War might seem really out there circa 2015/2016, but by the time you'd digested all the movies between then and now, you'd be acclimated to whatever crazy shit they put on screen.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any "jump scare" type things in the movie? Even relatively tame ones like Bucky punching through the helicopter in Civil War or Fury getting shot in the apartment in Winter Soldier? I hate that I'm sensitive to those sorts of things.

I can think of two such scenes. They're not very intense but they could be classified as jump scares.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I watched Dr Strange! Im ready for Infinity War! :D

I actually really enjoyed it, but that post-credits scene was ass.

I really hope Mordo isn't the villain in Dr Strange 2. Just not feeling him as a threatening villain.

Mordo will apparently be getting the Loki treatment and won't be the primary antagonist in the sequel, but will instead have a multimovie arc like Hulk/Banner. Nightmare is the likely villain for a Strange 2 if we get another solo Strange movie.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Yes, there was a couple.

Can confirm, you might get scared for a moment at least. Can't say more than that.

I can think of two such scenes. They're not very intense but they could be classified as jump scares.

Phew. I'm pretty sensitive to it, but of course I'm still gonna watch the movie. I just like having a heads up on these kind of things so thanks a lot!

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the replies on the humor guys! Eases my concerns a fair bit. I always hate when something that could've carried a lot of weight gets undercut.

I foolishly decided to wait to get tickets, so the earliest (Lie)imax screen I could get tickets for was Sunday. It's fucking torture seeing all these spoiler threads and not being able to venture into them. I can't wait to see this movie. Only marvel movies I didn't see in theaters were Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 3

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know

I went in with solid expectations for the movie; really liked Spider-Man Homecoming, Black Panther and Thor Ragnarok, didn't like GOTG2 - love Winter Soldier and thought Civil War was alright.
I also love The Last Jedi, for what that's worth.

Feel disappointed with the movie.

I'm not sure whether I was expecting everything to fall into place better than it did or characters to be handled with deft like they were in their own movies, but the film came off like a whole lot of nothing.
There's a lot of scenes of characters interacting with one another and they eventually pair off the most interesting groups - but these groups don't have the kind of chemistry that the Avengers, Winter Soldier or even Ragnarok had, nor have any kind of memorable moments. All those characters in that run time was going to be a stretch to balance - and while Civil War felt like the test run for this, I feel like they had managed it better there than here.

No one really changes over the course of the movie or had any real time to shine - apart from maybe Thanos. The problem was that this villain wasn't as compelling as the film seemed to think he was, or was interesting enough to hang a lot of scenes on.

if I had to give anyone the MVP - it's Thor. Any scene with him in it was a delight, as well as his cohorts. I hope they decide to keep this aspect going in future films.

The reason I'm focusing so much on the characters is because the plot is serviceable. It's a horror movie where your slasher victims are infinity stones - and while this works for the most part, with lots of excellent action choreography and lovely cgi, I can't see it sticking in the mind the way BP's villian, Winter Soldiers intrigue or the Avengers build towards action did. When I said a whole lot of nothing - a lot of these characters actions don't actually build to anything - maybe fighting some dudes to protect a stone and that is it.

But

I want to know how they resolve the bonkers ending, or at least how that shapes the next few films the way that the end of Winter Soldier and Civil War did.

In non-spoiler terms; I expected better - and hope they pick things up in the next movie. Seeing as they're going back to a solo movie with Cap Marvel, I'm hoping it might fix the bloat problem this had.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Twenty minutes until my showing. I'm ready as hell.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
My showing is in 3 hours. I'm wrapping up at work here in the next hour or so and then heading over to the mall where the theater is. I'm basically beside myself with anticipation. Haven't been able to focus at work today (or this week, for that matter).

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaan. I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy my first viewing all that much.

It's 7 and I'm already tiiiiired. My movie doesn't start until 10:40 (so really, 11pm after previews). I can already tell I'm going to be exhausted going into the 2 and a half hour explosion of a film.

I wish I could get a nap in before going.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

It's 7 and I'm already tiiiiired. My movie doesn't start until 10:40 (so really, 11pm after previews). I can already tell I'm going to be exhausted going into the 2 and a half hour explosion of a film.

coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

5 hour energy my man