• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gummb

Nov 25, 2017
Watched it this weekend... I really didn't like it. That surprised me... Thanos is a great villain, but the rest of the supers are so petty and dumb that he deserves to win.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Watching it tonight with some mates.
My hype only started building during release week (GoW has grabbed all my attention lately) but now I'm super excited to finally see Thanos fuck shit up.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Watched it this weekend... I really didn't like it. That surprised me... Thanos is a great villain, but the rest of the supers are so petty and dumb that he deserves to win.
To me

Starlord is the only character whose dumbness was too much to be believable and was too obvious of a plot device.

^not much of a spoiler, but just in case

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Watching it tonight with some mates.
My hype only started building during release week (GoW has grabbed all my attention lately) but now I'm super excited to finally see Thanos fuck shit up.

Had zero hype going in, left floored. This might be the first Marvel movie I see again in theaters. It was magical because I went with my younger brother who thinks all MCU movies are a 2/5 with a relative few managing to rise above to a 3/5. At one point during the film we both turned to each other and were like, "is this actually happening? Is this movie legit good and not just the same Marvel formula? Are we actually super engaged right now?" When we left he basically was ready to declare it a 4/5, it only took 10 years for it to happen.

Haven't seen the film, but I fully expect this to be hyperbole.

I can actually say it's not. And again, I went in wondering how they would get me to care for feel threatened by a purple space man who has done nothing for 10 years. Well, they did it. And, Josh Brolin is fucking magnificent. He's just truly terrifying.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Had zero hype going in, left floored. This might be the first Marvel movie I see again in theaters. It was magical because I went with my younger brother who thinks all MCU movies are a 2/5 with a relative few managing to rise above to a 3/5. At one point during the film we both turned to each other and were like, "is this actually happening? Is this movie legit good and not just the same Marvel formula? Are we actually super engaged right now?" When we left he basically was ready to declare it a 4/5, it only took 10 years for it to happen.

Oh wow that's great you and your bro enjoyed it that much. Even better considering your brother doesn't really like Marvel films but this one grabbed him intensely.
I enjoy most of their stuff so my bar isn't exactly high to clear but you have definitely added to my hype man :D

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow that's great you and your bro enjoyed it that much. Even better considering your brother doesn't really like Marvel films but this one grabbed him intensely.
I enjoy most of their stuff so my bar isn't exactly high to clear but you have definitely added to my hype man :D

Yeah, I think we were just amazed at the fact that not only does it break the Marvel formula, it also somehow works despite the fact that it really shouldn't given the amount of characters. Avengers 1 is mediocre, but you give it a pass because of all the characters they are trying to accommodate and bring together. It's more about the experience of finally seeing the "promise" fulfilled. Then you get Ultron and the movie is trash because the roster has expanded even more, so it's just too many characters and too many setups for future shit that it falls apart. And then, for me, Civil War also suffers this same way but also fucks up because it doesn't want to commit to the premise. It says, "Civil War" but everyone has kids gloves on, nobody dies, and they don't even really want to explore the politics of the scenario that caused the split. It wants to be both good fun but also dip into seriousness, but it falls apart.

IW somehow rises above all these past problems. You've got a million different characters but it never feels like too much, everyone is used appropriately. All sorts of different characters get emotional payoffs and arcs. And, the movie doesn't have the sort of tone or commitment problems that CW had. Plus, it's just interesting watching a film that throws at the safe three act structure for something different. The movie just works, somehow these mad fools made it work.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't think more than maybe 2 things I didnt liked, well not that I didnt liked them but I more like "this was meh" maybe.

Near perfect event movie, Thanos is up there with the Joker and Doc Oc as one of the best CBM villains of all time.

At some points I wanted him to win god damn thats how good he was.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't think more than maybe 2 things I didnt liked, well not that I didnt liked them but I more like "this was meh" maybe.

Near perfect event movie, Thanos is up there with the Joker and Doc Oc as one of the best CBM villains of all time.

At some points I wanted him to win god damn thats how good he was.

Yep, almost felt like I was rooting for him by the end of the movie.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Watching it again tomorrow.

Chris Hemsworth's portrayal of Thor continues to be the crown jewel of the MCU.

This man is a great actor; that Rocket + Thor heart-to-heart was amazing.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well, Quill flipping on Ego was portrayed as a positive thing. His intense emotional reaction regarding his mom saved the universe, otherwise he would've just joined Ego.
Yep. Character growth usually comes from a character fixing some sort of flaw in their personality, but this particular character trait saved the galaxy so he wouldn't have anything to learn from that (except that flipping out on douchebags is a good thing).