• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
GnX2nM4.jpg

She wasn't Thanos' favorite for no reason. She's gonna wreck shit. And Drax is crazy strong, too.
We know they have the technology. Is Iron Man or War Machine ever gonna give us our Proton Cannons or Sundays Best.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So in the movie Ego dies and his light with him, but who's to say Starlord doesn't have his own light? He's Ego's son after all, there's no reason he can't develop similar powers instead of having to leech off his dad. Obviously it wouldn't be to the same extent, but having him slowly build up enhanced powers as part of his character growth really wouldn't be a stretch.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
So in the movie Ego dies and his light with him, but who's to say Starlord doesn't have his own light? He's Ego's son after all, there's no reason he can't develop similar powers instead of having to leech off his dad. Obviously it wouldn't be to the same extent, but having him slowly build up enhanced powers as part of his character growth really wouldn't be a stretch.

I'd rather Peter Quill be a regular dude.

Like, have his ancestery be the reason why he doesn't explode into bloody mist when Thanos punches him, but no explicit super powers.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
They made it very clear in the movie that Starlord was perfectly ok with being a regular human. There's no reason to reverse that.

ANOMOLIE

Oct 28, 2017
Yup the Infinity Gauntlet storyline was initially started in the pages of SS. Marvel was desperately trying to get Surfer and Galactus prior to the announcement of Infinity War. They were trying to do a straight up trade.

http://collider.com/daredevil-galactus-silver-surfer-trade/

If Surfer and Galactus added to Infinity War would be absolutely bananas. Even though FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer was terrible, I thought Surfer was handled pretty well. Doug Jones was fantastic as the motion capture and Lawrence Fishburne did a great voice over. Hated that they depowered Surfer and Galactus...

MV5BMjIyNDE4MTQ4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk1MjAzMw@@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,996_AL_.jpg
It's a shame how they did him in that movie. My favorite all time character in comics. Love him so much that my wife will allow me to name my son Norrin Radd..( God willing). It kills me he will not be a part of Infinity. Marvel gotta get this right. It's too late to add him in huh?

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a shame how they did him in that movie. My favorite all time character in comics. Love him so much that my wife will allow me to name my son Norrin Radd..( God willing). It kills me he will not be a part of Infinity. Marvel gotta get this right. It's too late to add him in huh?

Unless it's been a super well kept secret

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
They made it very clear in the movie that Starlord was perfectly ok with being a regular human. There's no reason to reverse that.
I mean, Spiderman turned down the iron suit, and we all know he's wearing that in this. No harm in pulling a "just this one time, use in case of emergency".

Enazrat

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone, do you know if there is an MCU thread on era ?

I had some thoughts and questions and was wondering where to post them.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Oh bummer. Was really hoping I'd see Groot or Rocket in there somewhere, unless it's already been taken down.

If there's one thing I wish from this movie it is that Rocket finally sees/meets some real earth raccoons.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
With "Infinity War," the biggest new element to the movie is Thanos and the fact that he's entering the storytelling in a very bold, strong way, to the degree that he's almost one of the leads. We've shaped an interesting narrative around him that in some ways leans heavily on a heist film in the fact that he's going after the infinity stones in a much bolder, successful way than he has in the past. The entire movie has that energy of the bad guy being one step ahead of the heroes. We looked at a lot of movies that had that heist-style energy to them, [and] that brought some inspiration.

Sounds like we'll a good amount of the character.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Infinity War is a heist film by the way. Thanos will be the focus that's why he'll be different from the typical MCU villain. They've been planning this for 10 years. We'll get what we've been waiting for.

I also suspect when Thanos gets all the stones he'll ressurect some past MCU villains. I'm positive that Vision absorbed the last Ultron robot and Thanos will bring him back with six arms, glowing eyes and all. Oh and Red Skull should return too.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Infinity War is a heist film by the way. Thanos will be the focus that's why he'll be different from the typical MCU villain. They've been planning this for 10 years. We'll get what we've been waiting for.

I also suspect when Thanos gets all the stones he'll ressurect some past MCU villains. I'm positive that Vision absorbed the last Ultron robot and Thanos will bring him back with six arms, glowing eyes and all. Oh and Red Skull should return too.
The Black Order being confirmed pretty much killed that theory for me.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Black Order being confirmed pretty much killed that theory for me.

We still don't know what Avengers 4 is about. So who knows :)

We don't know if Red Skull died with the Tesseract he sorted or teleported/dissapeared. Like I said before I'm sure Vision absorbed Ultron and technically Abomination and the Leader are still around.

I'm hoping we see them somehow.

It's Infinity War, they're going to give these films everything they have.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers 4 is definitely New Avengers. Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spider-Man, The Wasp teaming up to finish what the Avengers couldn't do in IW, with the rest of the gang coming back for the big Final Battle vs Thanos that has Cap and Tony die, and huge statues of them being built in front of the New Avengers tower.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Avengers 4 is definitely New Avengers. Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spider-Man, The Wasp teaming up to finish what the Avengers couldn't do in IW, with the rest of the gang coming back for the big Final Battle vs Thanos that has Cap and Tony die, and huge statues of them being built in front of the New Avengers tower.
Holy shit! Are you me? This is pretty much what i had in mind for the movie is. Right down to Steve and Tony dying and getting statues built in their honour.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit! Are you me? This is pretty much what i had in mind for the movie is. Right down to Steve and Tony dying and getting statues built in their honour.
Can you picture it in your head? That final shot of the New Avengers in the tower, talking around the table, zooming out of the window to see the statues? lol that's how I imagine it ending.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

It 100% isn't this.

Like, there is literally zero chance of it.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It 100% isn't this.

Like, there is literally zero chance of it.
Why do you say that?

Look, they are obviously gearing up for these newly introduced heroes to take the mantle from the old guys. They've said important people definitely die. And they also said the actual title of Avengers 4 would be a spoiler for IW. "New Avengers" makes sense. They want to basically do a test to see if people like this new team. And it's not like they have no reasons to be confident. They already know people like Spider-Man. They already know people like Black Panther and will 10 times more after his movie. They know people like Doctor Strange. The Wasp and Captain Marvel are the two wild cards, and wouldn't you know it, what are the two movies releasing in between Avengers 3 and Avengers 4? Ant-Man and The Wasp, and Captain Marvel.

ALL the heroes will be in it. The movie might even have some stuff about FINDING them, getting them back. THAT is the movie where we will get our big final Avengers Assemble from Cap, with holding the hammer.

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol at IW being a heist film

Listen, Russos, I like your output and all but this is going to be about as much a heist film as Civil War was a PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
How Infinity War should end:

-Tony gets blinded, takes on the role of Nick Fury.
-Nick Fury dies in badass fashion.
-Cap dies, Bucky survives becomes new Cap. Falcon supports this.
-Thor dies, Loki becomes King of Asgard (wherever that is now) and Avenger.
-Hawkeye sits at home with his family because no one remembered to call him.
-Vision dies by the sheer fact that he is lame.
-Scarlet Witch plays some part in taking down Thanos but no one is sure what she actually did or if it really helped at all.
-Ant-Man joins the Guardians simply because no one cares for Ant-Man 2.
-Widow just stays Widow because no one knows what to do with her character.
-Dr. Strange makes his abode the new Avengers headquarters.
-Spidey shows up for a second, but remembers he has a test tomorrow and so has to go back home.
-The Guardians play no significant part, get sent to a whole new galaxy by Thanos to prevent their meddling.
-Hulk smashes.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Why do you say that?

The normal cast has been filming. It's confirmed. They're not doing that.

Look, they are obviously gearing up for these newly introduced heroes to take the mantle from the old guys. They've said important people definitely die.

Of course someone important will die between these two movies.

But they absolutely did not say people will die in Avengers 3 specifically.

And they also said the actual title of Avengers 4 would be a spoiler for IW. "New Avengers" makes sense.

It's likely Infinity Gauntlet. Zoe Saldana accidentally referred to it as Gauntlet in an interview.

They want to basically do a test to see if people like this new team.

No they don't. That's silly. They're not using the final movie of the current 10-year story line as a "test."

Infinity War and Avengers 4 are part of a single story. If they kill off Tony or Steve, it's not happening until Avengers 4. If not only because they realize that an actor missing from filming Avengers 4 will spoil it.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol at IW being a heist film

Listen, Russos, I like your output and all but this is going to be about as much a heist film as Civil War was a PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER.
I knew this was coming. If you actually read what it says, they didn't say it's a heist film. Just that they watched a lot of heist films, took inspiration from them, and in some ways, the narrative leans on heist film elements.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The normal cast has been filming. It's confirmed. They're not doing that.

Of course someone important will die between these two movies.

But they absolutely did not say people will die in Avengers 3 specifically.

It's likely Infinity Gauntlet. Zoe Saldana accidentally referred to it as Gauntlet in an interview.

No they don't. That's silly. They're not using the final movie of the current 10-year story line as a "test."

Infinity War and Avengers 4 are part of a single story. If they kill off Tony or Steve, it's not happening until Avengers 4. If not only because they realize that an actor missing from filming Avengers 4 will spoil it.
Did you read what I wrote? I specifically said Avengers 4 would be the movie where Tony and Steve die. I said Avengers 4, the Avengers after Infinity War and after Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp, is New Avengers.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Did you read what I wrote? I specifically said Avengers 4 would be the movie where Tony and Steve die. I said Avengers 4, the Avengers after Infinity War and after Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and the Wasp, is New Avengers.

Right. But the only way they're doing New Avengers is if the current cast is legitimately gone.

New Avengers is what they would do as the first Avengers movie AFTER those actors leave, not while they're still in it.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Betting toward the end of Infinty War Strange does something with the time stone that brings Captain Marvel into the present..

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right. But the only way they're doing New Avengers is if the current cast is legitimately gone.

New Avengers is what they would do as the first Avengers movie AFTER those actors leave, not while they're still in it.
Except a bunch of them have already been introduced and people like them, as I've already explained. Why would they have to wait? It makes perfect sense to me that in the big battle at the end of IW, a bunch of the main heroes are either "killed" or lost in space or what have you. Gone. All the remains, is the new heroes. That would be Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Spider-Man, etc. Then in Avengers 4, they team up, get the old team back together, and finish the fight. We get to see the whole team finally complete with Wasp and Captain Marvel, we get the huge final battle, and we get the passing of the buck to the new team. You can't just go from One team to the next with no transition. You have to have a passing of the baton.