• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, the guy who leaked these pictures on Reddit says the trailer isn't coming anytime soon, which probably confirms the Star Wars/mid-December guesses.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Since it keeps coming up, if anyone still hasnt seen the leaked version of the trailer and wants to its here

https://vid.me/a5Wh6

However we are so close i suggest waiting for the real thing. But yes, it is much more than warehouses and streets :)
God, Thanos' line is so good.

I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right, yet to fail all the same.

Dread it.

Run from it.

Destiny still arrives.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
All this isn't even against an armored Thanos. He's practically in the cosmic equivalent to jeans and a tank top. Just chillin'. Hyped to see the big man go all out once he actually decides to drop bombs on the MCU.

Hot%20Toys%20-%20Guardians%20of%20the%20Galaxy%20-%20Thanos%20Collectible%20Figure_PR3.jpg

thanosgotgpng.png

Josh Brolin always sounds so badass delivering his lines as Thanos.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All this isn't even against an armored Thanos. He's practically in the cosmic equivalent to jeans and a tank top. Just chillin'. Hyped to see the big man go all out once he actually decides to drop bombs on the MCU.

Hot%20Toys%20-%20Guardians%20of%20the%20Galaxy%20-%20Thanos%20Collectible%20Figure_PR3.jpg

thanosgotgpng.png

Looks awesome.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I had that figure sitting besides me during Comic Con. I should have bought that fucker!

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia

I really like his casual clothes look. I think it add some extra personality to Thanos.

Edit: I wonder if we'll get shirtless Thanos in Infinity War, lol

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just guessing here, but I can see Caps team being split up at the beginning. Ant-man is probably by himself, Hawkeye is with his family, Wanda and Vision are hiding together, trying to live somewhat normal(as lovers?) while maybe Cap, Widow and Falcon are still doing what they do best, but in secret.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
After watching Thor Ragnarok, I completely understand why they haven't dropped the trailer yet. Especially that end credits scene.

Disney are probably going to wait for Thor to run a week or so more to avoid major spoilers. Guessing early December now, just before the Last Jedi hits the cinema.

Spoopy

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles/Belfast
It seems like he'll be saved for the villain of the 3rd Guardians and then maybe move in as a hero in whatever follow up they do for Infinity War. Hopefully Annihilation.

burgervan

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird how, in the leaked trailer, Thor
doesn't have an eye patch. Are they going to add it later with CG?

*Sorry about the spoiler, guys!

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Wasn't Silver Surfer a major weapon vs Thanos in the original early '90s Infinity Gauntlet run?

A damn shame the MCU doesn't have him (or Galactus/Doom/F4/ad nauseam).

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Silver Surfer a major weapon vs Thanos in the original early '90s Infinity Gauntlet run?

Yup the Infinity Gauntlet storyline was initially started in the pages of SS. Marvel was desperately trying to get Surfer and Galactus prior to the announcement of Infinity War. They were trying to do a straight up trade.

http://collider.com/daredevil-galactus-silver-surfer-trade/

If Surfer and Galactus added to Infinity War would be absolutely bananas. Even though FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer was terrible, I thought Surfer was handled pretty well. Doug Jones was fantastic as the motion capture and Lawrence Fishburne did a great voice over. Hated that they depowered Surfer and Galactus...

MV5BMjIyNDE4MTQ4Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDk1MjAzMw@@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,996_AL_.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Infinity Gauntlet is straight up a Silver Surfer story, he's basically the main protagonist.

However, I do think they can actually tell a pretty similar story in the MCU with Peter Quill replacing Silver Surfer.

How in the world will they be able to defeat this guy? I'm excited but so nervous at the same time.

The fact that they have people asking this is what makes this so much fun :)

I'll say this... Cap isn't just going to be able to punch him out or something.

Oct 27, 2017
Strange pulling some shit, Adam Warlock, Death, some other unforeseen cosmic heavy hitter.

Wasn't it implied at the end of Guardians 2 that Adam Warlock will be a villain in the next film?

I suppose Adam will be in "IW part 2" whatever it's called, in 2019 (please don't be delayed)

I don't see how they're going to have Avengers 4 ready for 2019. Wasn't that the original plan before they made Infinity War more of a standalone film rather than just part 1 of 2?

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Never in a million years would I have thought I would see Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight beat up the Avengers in a movie. Also, we are totally getting Hulkbuster vs. Black Dwarf (now Cull Obsidian) aren't we?

How in the world will they be able to defeat this guy? I'm excited but so nervous at the same time.

Thanos has one large weakness: himself. Won't say much more because diving into that would be spoilers.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Never in a million years would I have thought I would see Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight beat up the Avengers in a movie. Also, we are totally getting Hulkbuster vs. Black Dwarf (now Cull Obsidian) aren't we?

Thanos has one large weakness: himself. Won't say much more because diving into that would be spoilers.
I hope that's not the direction they take. Everyone always mentions that like it's this awesome aspect of the character. It's not. It's lame as fuck.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Thanos is tough but he can beaten once he loses the gauntlet.

Of course he's still a bitch to deal with for the whole team even after that, he's just no longer invincible. Just got to dog pile him enough.

Oct 27, 2017
It's very upsetting that we've barely seen him for what? Like 8 movies now? I get they showed him once at the end of Age of Ultron and once in guardians but where's the hype? He's just gonna drop out of nowhere

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
I hope that's not the direction they take. Everyone always mentions that like it's this awesome aspect of the character. It's not. It's lame as fuck.

Eh. It all depends how it is written. For example, I think in Infinity Gauntlet it is pretty perfectly written. Since then Marvel writers have gone back to that well over and over though and mined it a little too much though, I agree.

But considering who the writers and directors are on this, I fully expect a resolution similar to Infinity Gauntlet. Which is A-okay with me!

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's very upsetting that we've barely seen him for what? Like 8 movies now? I get they showed him once at the end of Age of Ultron and once in guardians but where's the hype? He's just gonna drop out of nowhere

I actually agree with this, would have loved more buildup. Hard to do though without derailing Guardians and they're the only cosmic series right now

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Idk, I like that the cock teasing was kept to a minimum. If they develop him right in this "first part" it will be alright.

Dankir

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is how they're going to do it..... I've been saying this for years now.

fear-itself-7-018.jpg

They'll beat him as a team. It will happen in Avengers 4 and it's the only time in 10 years that Captain America will say the line.

Also the last scene in Infinity War will be this... *SNAP* and then the credits

2lm556p.jpg

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Starlord will challenge him to a dance battle

Calling it now, despite the hype, Thanos is going to disappoint.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
If the have the guts to end Infinity War on that moment, everyone is banned from saying "no stakes" ever again.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I mean 99.9% of villains "drop out of nowhere" in their films. That you've had teases of him previously is pretty rare, and it's going to be a two film story in the end.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I mean 99.9% of villains "drop out of nowhere" in their films. That you've had teases of him previously is pretty rare, and it's going to be a two film story in the end.

They've lucked out that the Guardians films are so popular as Thanos gets significant build up as an ultimate evil in both films, with motivation and backstory intertwined with Drax, Gamora and Nebula.

The casual audience will need a refresher but the kids (and adults) who've watched these multiple times will know who he is.

It's a tricky balancing act to foreshadow him years ahead and I think after the way Thor's "help set up the future of the franchise" subplot in Age of Ultron was savaged as a distraction, I think they've probably correctly erred on the side of doing less blatant "this will be important later" bits during the films. So, that the protagonists of GotG have direct personal grudges against Thanos are probably why they were an odd but necessary team to bring to the screen in order to get to Infinity War sensibly.

Ironically, literally everyone is ressurected at the end of that saga.

That's true! I expect it to play out a little differently since phase four is supposedly going to surprise us with new teams. I expect lasting changes, even if those changes are "RDJ doesn't have to show up on set because Stark's only alive as an AI now."

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The idea of Infinty War ending on a huge world altering cliffhanger like that makes me pray for a season 6 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. That would just be insane.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess? I love the Russo brothers but the Guardians don't have super powers they have guns. Well Groot has powers but he is basically a shaman in WoW powers wise
treedance.gif
Gamora and Drax are very powerful. Drax is basically gaunranteed a badass solo moment against Thanos, as is Gamora for that matter