• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
"Design responsibilities include but are not limited to Enemy AI, combat behaviors, stealth, player weapons and tools, cover and melee based mechanics. "

"Experience spec-ing and tuning particular combat game systems such as difficulty, weapon aim."

"Current on industry trends as it relates to modern combat design for 3rd person action adventure games."

This is from their "Combat System Designers" job posting.

https://crystald.com/careers

The game will also have boss fights according to their "AI/Combat designer" posting.

So.... Was conflicted whether or not this information warranted a thread or not. The stealth and cover shooting were mildly interesting enough (not sure any loot shooter has had stealth before and stealth could MAYBE suggest a Black Panther class possibly) to want me to post it... IDK.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
This isn't new information. I remember Nirolak posting this a year ago. Still excited, though. Crystal Dynamics have been hiring veterans from Naughty Dog, EA, Monolith, Visceral and Sledgehammer so they have quite the capable team to pull of a third-person action adventure right now. IIRC the Creative Director of Uncharted: Lost Legacy is also the Creative Director of The Avengers Project. He was also formally the Director of Photography and Animation Supervisor that led the cinematics team for The Last of Us. Square ain't playing around.

Considering it's an online GaaS focused game a la Destiny, they'll probably try and fit in Agents of SHIELD somewhere if they're going create-a-character. This is really interesting in that Rocksteady's game is rumoured to be something similar to Avengers so there's going to be serious competition. I have more trust in Rocksteady than I do Eidos Montreal/Crystal Dynamics, though.

Last edited:

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
I'm just stupidly happy it's third person as someone who gets motion sick from some first person games like Deus Ex and Dishonored.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
I could understand stealth and cover shooting for a Black Widow or even Captain America game, but Avengers?

Darksaberx

Jun 13, 2018
As a superhero capable of untold things, I like nothing more than to hide behind cover from my foes... HULK HIDE!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This game feels like one we'll look back into and think "what the hell were they thinking?"

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing better than a high budget game with light stealth, melee combat, and cover shooting.

Totally not tired of seeing that at all. No sir.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The stealth seems like a positive sign, but i'm assuming this is a Destiny clone until i'm proven otherwise.

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
This is from 2017. You could have easily searched on google and found out if this was new information or not. It is very old and the exact same job posting as in 2017.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Could be for Tomb Raider. Nothing here says it's explicitly for an Avengers game.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see how a first person game would work. Especially when everyone is going to want to see the character models and such.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I can understand cover, but I don't know how you can make stealth work with that wide a variety of gameplay unless they do it like D&D with certain bonus damages and what not.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to get this game and get stuck playing as fucking Black Widow or Hawkeye instead of anyone actually worth playing as because everyone I'm playing with steals all the good characters.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SE not making sure to have this game ready to tie in with Endgame was a huuuuuuuuge mistake on their part.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Only Square bloody Enix could think that an Avengers game should play like Uncharted. Trust SE to take a concept that should not be anything other than 100% guaranteed awesomeness and turn it into a turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.