• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
But you're also writing off her feelings on the matter as well.

Blaming her is one thing. Considering how it might make her feel is another.

Are none of you folks fucking MARRIED?! Its not that goddamn complicated.

Example, years ago, I went to lunch with a lady co-worker because I had been awarded it through job performance, but she had a hand in helping me with it. I thought it fair to share the earnings. When I told my wife abiut it, she was pretty distressed about it. So now, I make it a point to either not do it at all, or discuss it with her prior.

This shit isnt binary, y'all.

I think that's fucking stupid and grownups should ... well... grow up about these things, but you can't compare an extra activity that's not officially part of work with swearing off working with women all the time. What if your wife was distressed that you had that woman coworker altogether? Not just about dinner, but that you worked with her. Would it be completely ridiculous to stop working with her? Or should you do your damned job?

Duderino

Nov 2, 2017
tl:dr (It should be noted that the biggest streamer "ninja" was awarded at a global event for being the best content creator; and that he possesses a discriminatory work ethic that wouldn't fly in any other industry, never the less being awarded) .

What industries are you referring to exactly? Can't be film, Mel Gibson was nominated for best director just two years ago. Can't be music, physical abuse didn't bar Chris Brown from the Grammys for life.

People that have said or done terrible things get honored all the time. I could care less about Ninja (I don't follow streamers), but I certainly don't think his nomination or win is anything out of the ordinary in the world of entertainment.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm well aware of what he said. It's a bad, discriminatory statement
My post wasn't directed at you if you're already aware of what he said.
if only we would listen to his reasons for discriminating against half the human population, then we'd understand
it literally does not matter what his reasons are
That wasn't the point of my post. I'm not arguing one way or the other. I'm literally just posting his actual statements in an argument about his statements.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised, he looks like the kind of guy who doesn't have female friends.

Also, people saying "work with" sound like they've never watched a streamer. These guys don't work with each other, no one's getting an appearance fee to be on another stream.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
His stance on the issue is so weird given Ninja has a professional PR team. If they can't cut through the rumors a bunch of 14 year old trolls spread because he'd play with a woman then he needs a new team of PR people.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
everyone that thinks his stance is fine because he's not literally saying "i hate women" remind me of the people who only think they're being racist if they put on a white hood and call black people the n word

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised, he looks like the kind of guy who doesn't have female friends.

Also, people saying "work with" sound like they've never watched a streamer. These guys don't work with each other, no one's getting an appearance fee to be on another stream.
It's working with whether or not they are getting paid appearance fees. If you appear on another person's stream, you get their audience, and some of that translates into more views for your stream, which translates into more money for you.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if it were the 60s and he refused to work with a black man because it wasn't worth the headache, would you defend that decision?
If the time period were completely different and the motivation were completely different and the dynamics of the situation were completely different then yeah I suspect my appraisal of the whole thing would be different. I don't think you do yourself any favors by claiming that this guy's lily-livered attempt to not upset his wife is roughly the same as Jim Crow.

I always encourage people not to let their S.O.'s insecurity or jealousy dictate their behavior, or let their own over-elevated sense of chivalry prevent them from having harmless fun. At the same time if someone tells me "Yeah I don't go out for drinks with opposite sex co-workers because my S.O. doesn't like it" I'm not going to accuse them of discrimination. I understand that people make all kinds of poor compromises in favor of a more peaceful relationship.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
His argument is that men shouldn't assume women's feeling, which I agree with.

But are the people criticizing Ninja's position assuming women's feelings on the matter? Because that is who legacyzero is leveling his accusations of misogyny against. He is using that argument to attack posters who are themselves bothered by Ninja's "policy" (*shudder*). My position isn't based on my assumption of how every woman feels about Ninja. My position is that it is discrimination and that discrimination sucks.

Briarios

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When gender/sex really isn't the overriding reason for it, I think calling Ninja's choice here "discrimination" is mighty disingenuous.

There are actual bigots in the industry more worthy of this kind of attention.

I have to agree ... He's not an employer, and he streams with his wife, so it's not like he has a stand against women -- he's just trying to limit the drama in his life.

Of course, he didn't help himself by stating an absolute which could easily be misconstrued and misinterpreted. What he should have said is just that he's very selective in who he streams with because he wants to limit rumor an innuendo - and just leave it at that.

By communicating it the way he did, and being as popular as he is, he gives ammunition to those who really do want to exclude women from the space.

He has to realize, whether he wants it or not, if he's going to continue don't what he's doing, he's going to be viewed as a role model and be held to certain standards. That comes with success, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Right, which is the reason your answer to the issue wasn't "Alright, I'll make sure to never interact with a woman in a professional manner ever again". Which is exactly what Ninja did, on his own volition., because he doesn't want "rumors", as the biggest figurehead of this entire industry right now.
After the fact, yes. My damage had already been done.

Now lets follow that thread for a moment. Lets say I had that I had that lunch, and then those rumors inevitably started swirling among other co-workers, and those get to back to my wife. Even with her knowing that I did it, how do you think she would recieve that, knowing that rumors can get twist or distorted.

"I saw LZ and his lady coworker having lunch. Lools like they sure had fun!"

Now what.

Sure, I would hope she would be "reasonable" and "adult" (which as been said by other posters in the thread). But how do you think she would feel in this instance? I know my wife, and her response wohld not be "Cool! Nice that my husband is out there making friends!" That'd actually be pretty much the opposite.

Thats my point around this. Sure, hes stupid for doing it, but there seems to be way more than discrimination on the table here. And I see a whole lot of ignoring those facts.

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't whether he does it out of his own mysoginist views or..because his wife doesn't want him to stream with women.
One is reprehensible, the other is totally ok in my book, outside of me question what kind of marriage that is, but that's not the point anyway. Do we really know he made these statements out of the former motivation and not the latter?

Really? Huh.
Polygon link a couple of posts above you have his actual statements, posted by your friendly neighborhood kaiju.

On top of this, have a spine and directly confront the nonsense in your twitch chat. If people are shipping, being toxic, harassing, etc. call it out.

This is the obvious, healthy way to do it, and yet...

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I think Ninja not streaming with women is unfortunate to say the least. But his reasons (atleast how he has explained) have nothing to do with thinking women lesser than him. But because of not wanting him and his wife to be targeted. The root of the problem as often, is with gaming community. As we can see, he won the popular vote at the show. So I feel some people are taking it bit too far on occasion in describing him and blowing it out of proportion. I'd hope that anyone who is in that position as he is, would use his platform to do good. Which he does to an extent. But this is definitely a dark mark on him. I'd hope he'd stand against the toxic parts of gaming community, rather than backing down.
"In what professional field can a industry person be awarded for their work, be broadcast around the globe in receiving the award (surrounded by industry leaders of Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft), while that same person has publicly announced discrimination as a de facto part of their work - due to a seemingly prospect of "force majeure".

This seems extremely naive/ignorant. In film and music they award and celebrate (known) rapists, abusers and other violent inviduals. Ninja is a saint compared to what goes on in those fields. And by asking that you make it seem like gaming ain't so bad.

Also I do take a slight issue with way more people pointing out any problematic elements with the show. And so few acknowledging the good with the show, I mean inclusiveness and diversity wise not game reveals (don't mean this thread). Not to say this and the Boogie discussions wouldn't be worth having, these absolutely are. But it's also sad that the good barely gets acknowledged. While it's important to be critical, I also feel we should recognize what goes on with the show overall. And give encouragement to keep pushing in that direction. The show itself was definitely promoting inclusiveness and diversity, even with Ninja winning an award. And that message also reached the audience who tuned in to see Ninja. Him not streaming with women is more of an issue with Ninja than the award show.

Last edited:

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If that was actually his arguement, he wouldn't continue to have a go at women and other posters in the thread for bringing up that men are talking over women in these forums. He just keeps using it to silence women, which is why I thought he was misconstrueing your post.
Yeah, I am referring to his initial post:
Or- it could be that its a board full of dudes trying to decide for them, what is/isnt misogyny without any nuance, shades of difference, or regard for letting females have a voice in the matter. 🤔
which I agree with. The problem is that he used this argument against a woman, and instead of admitting he was wrong for assuming she was a man speaking for women, he continued to argue her feelings were wrong, which... is against his initial argument.

jem

Oct 25, 2017
He is on record saying that it's his idea alone and his wife as nothing to do with it. Seriously. Seeing the decision of a man not to engage with women during his work hours being put on his wife because ,hey, maybe she is an actual crazy person who can't deal with him ever looking at another woman WHAT ELSE SHOULD THE POOR MAN DO, is so extremely and completely sexist I can hardly deal with it.

Yet again: I want you guys to imagine a scenario where Ninja openly states that he will not talk to black people, latinos or anyone but white men on his streams because he doesn't want to deal with the casual racism in his chat. Would you be OK with that?

No? Good! You're halfway there!
Yes? Then you have a lot more problems that are way too fundamentally fucked up to get resolved in this thread

It's not the shit in his chat which bothers him. What he's really worried about is the shit his wife might receive.

His wife also streams and is a public figure on the internet.

Also, just because he said that it was his idea alone doesn't mean that's necessarily true. And even if it was he's presumably knows his wife fairly well and this is trying to look out for her best interests.

Last edited:

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Now lets follow that thread for a moment. Lets say I had that I had that lunch, and then those rumors inevitably started swirling among other co-workers, and those get to back to my wife. Even with her knowing that I did it, how do you think she would recieve that, knowing that rumors can get twist or distorted.

"I saw LZ and his lady coworker having lunch. Lools like they sure had fun!"

Now what.

Now... nothing? Oh no, you had fun with a coworker. Damn that's horrible. Better stop working with them altogether! I don't get this line of thought...

Sure, I would hope she would be "reasonable" and "adult" (which as been said by other posters in the thread). But how do you think she would feel in this instance? I know my wife, and her response wohld not be "Cool! Nice that my husband is out there making friends!" That'd actually be pretty much the opposite.

Why wouldn't you and her be angry at your boss for not cracking down on fucking stupidity like this? Having a shitty boss, a dumb work environment, and some irrational thoughts in a significant other shouldn't mean you should lean into sexist actions.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
free piece of advice: if your SO gets mad about you spending some time with other people, just run away.
That's great advice but if Ninja's SO is the reason why he behaves the way he does and he isn't running away, isn't the situation different regarding his appearently misogynistic behaviour? I think that's a crappy relationship to be in but him respecting his SO's wishes and outsiders taking those wishes into consideration regarding all of this, as dumb as those wishes are, isn't misogynistic. Would you agree with that? (all of this only matters if that's the sole reason why he refuses to play with women anyway. Might as well be an excuse, we will never know unless his SO speaks up.)
Edit:
He is on record saying that it's his idea alone and his wife as nothing to do with it. Seriously.
We have? Well never mind then.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
That's great advice but if Ninja's SO is the reason why he behaves the way he does and he isn't running away, isn't the situation different regarding his appearently misogynistic behaviour? I think that's a crappy relationship to be in but him respecting his SO's wishes and outsiders taking those wishes into consideration regarding all of this, as dumb as those wishes are, isn't misogynistic. Would you agree with that? (all of this only matters if that's the sole reason why he refuses to play with women anyway. Might as well be an excuse, we will never know unless his SO speaks up.)

What if her wishes were that he not stream with black people? If he respects hose wishes is that not racist?

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I must say that I got confused by that whole category. I imagined that "Content Creator" category actually involved creating said content vs doing a video stream.

But as far other awards shows. Oscars still have Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise and so on in the audience or winning awards and those are not particularly great people.

TCG276

Dec 17, 2017
I get that it's frustrating when someone cherry picks a minority opinion and uses it as ammunition, but just because someone has a minority opinion, it doesn't invalidate that opinion. Pointing out that the majority is being silenced while, at the same time, silencing the minority that you don't agree with, is just as bad, and hypocritical. The women who aren't offended by Nija's decision to not steam with women should not be silenced by the the women who disagree with Ninja, and vice versa. How about we listen to ALL of the women's thoughts and feelings on this issue and try to learn something.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I am referring to his initial post:

which I agree with. The problem is that he used this argument against a woman, and instead of admitting he was wrong for assuming she was a man speaking for women, he continued to argue her feelings were wrong, which... is against his initial argument.
I presented a counter-point to her argument, And exampled your post. Im not here to "attack" "silence" or "talk over" women. Im as genuinely interested in the topic. Its a discussion board. Im discussing a topic.

My original post to the "no wonder theres barely amy women here" was a defense of women on Era. It got twisted somehow lol.

Im not here having bad faith discussion and attacking people. Im discussing.

I get that it's frustrating when someone cherry picks a minority opinion and uses it as ammunition, but just because someone has a minority opinion, it doesn't invalidate that opinion. Pointing out that the majority is being silenced while, at the same time, silencing the minority that you don't agree with, is just as bad, and hypocritical. The women who aren't offended by Nija's decision to not steam with women should not be silenced by the the women who disagree with Ninja, and vice versa. How about we listen to ALL of the women's thoughts and feelings on this issue and try to learn something.
Yeah, my intention was to highlight her post and I got called a mansplainer and accused of silencing. Now Im kinda lost on how Im even supposed to be involved in the discussion other than not at all. I just got called "part of the problem" while not recieving any counter-discussion on the point both her and I made.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What if her wishes were that he not stream with black people? If he respects hose wishes is that not racist?
That's not a good analogy, at all. They are in a relationship and him respecting her set rules in said relationship (a rule that only adresses the both of them) isn't the same as her being racist and him enabling said racist views.
Like god damn, that was some real bad anology lmao. I really hope this wasn't some horrible gotcha attempt at me or trying to insinuate some bullshit towards my person. It doesn't matter anyway though because it wasn't her wish to begin with it seems.
Polygon link a couple of posts above you have his actual statements, posted by your friendly neighborhood kaiju.
Just saw them, thank you, friendly neighborhood kaiju.

Oct 27, 2017
The industry full of shit, they say they want to encourage diversity but they do nothing but promote and elevate shitheels. They care about money more than anything else when they'd still get money by doing what they're already doing, gamers are weak and just wanna play games.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
What industries are you referring to exactly? Can't be film, Mel Gibson was nominated for best director just two years ago. Can't be music, physical abuse didn't bar Chris Brown from the Grammys for life.

People that have said or done terrible things get honored all the time. I could care less about Ninja (I don't follow streamers), but I certainly don't think his nomination or win is anything out of the ordinary in the world of entertainment.
Yeap, people are super insolated if they think that doesn't happen.

The terrible person in Health Service in Michigan who was hugely responsible for whole Flint water incident was just recently awarded. That shit happens all the time.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Do you genuinely think that's at all comparable?

Honestly?

I'm asking where the line is as far as adhering to irrational wishes of a significant other. What if they're uncomfortable with you working with gay people? How is any of this not comparable?

That's not a good analogy, at all. They are in a relationship and him respecting her set rules in said relationship isn't the same as her being racist and him enabling said racist views.
Like god damn, that was some real bad anology lmao. It doesn't matter anyway because it seems it wasn't her wish to begin with it seems.

I'm asking where does the set of rules end? Where does it become allowing racism or sexism? There's literally no rationality in someone being uncomfortable with you working with someone of the opposite sex. None. Why allow that?

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
But are the people criticizing Ninja's position assuming women's feelings on the matter? Because that is who legacyzero is leveling his accusations of misogyny against. He is using that argument to attack posters who are themselves bothered by Ninja's "policy" (*shudder*). My position isn't based on my assumption of how every woman feels about Ninja. My position is that it is discrimination and that discrimination sucks.
This is discrimination, period, and I agree it shouldn't take a discussion with the affected parties to reach that conclusion. However, women here should be allowed to speak up about it, as it directly affects them, without being shouted down by men. As you point out, legacyzero isn't being honest in his stance, because he favors a side and is cherry-picking women who he feels agrees with him, instead of taking his advice and listening to the women here, who are free to disagree with the female streamers, if they want.

psychowave

Oct 25, 2017
My original post to the "no wonder theres barely amy women here" was a defense of women on Era. It got twisted somehow lol.
you don't know what you're talking about. you just don't. i know what i'm saying, and i'm saying it for a reason. i'm not just making shit up. i've talked to several women, back on GAF and now on ERA, who said they don't bother posting because it's not worth having to deal with the site's misogyny. you're not a defender of women, and we don't need you to defend us. just stop.

YoEssay

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Go tell your boss you refuse to work with women and let me know how that works out
He's self employed, that really doesn't apply. It's like if I were a welder, and told my boss I was gonna go weld something. That's fine cause that's my job. But if I worked at Starbucks and told my boss I'm gonna go to the back and weld, that's obviously wrong.

Really not a fan of Ninja, but this outrage over him not wanting to stream with women has been blown out of proportion.

Feb 4, 2018
I'm not sure how to get through to Geoff, because let's be honest, Ninja is one of the biggest content creators in the world. It's bigger than Geoff and the Game Awards. I was randomly recommended a video by JonTron (ick) and I saw it had over 5 million views. What. The. Fuck. How are these people even popular? I wish Geoff would acknowledge the issues that his relationships with these people create. I sadly don't see it happening though.
I had a couple of friends who started watching JonTron's work until I told them he was a racist. They were horrified and stopped watching him immediately. I think folks like him come up really high in searches and recommendations, and people who see that are none the wiser. Unfortunately YouTube's algorithms can promote some terrible stuff.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
He's self employed, that really doesn't apply. It's like if I were a welder, and told my boss I was gonna go weld something. That's fine cause that's my job. But if I worked at Starbucks and told my boss I'm gonna go to the back and weld, that's obviously wrong.

As a self employed person then his potential customers/audience are his boss. It applies if we say "fuck that's a stupid fucking thing to do."

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Misogyny and rationalizing exclusionary rhetoric; Junior phase account.
The guy values his family over his work. I had never heard of him until the controversy popped up, but listening to his explanation made me respect him and his decision. The idea this is discrimination is ludicrous

[mod edit: post reverted to its original content]

Last edited by a moderator:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm asking where the line is as far as adhering to irrational wishes of a significant other. What if they're uncomfortable with you working with gay people? How is any of this not comparable?

I'm asking where does the set of rules end? Where does it become allowing racism or sexism? There's literally no rationality in someone being uncomfortable with you working with someone of the opposite sex. None. Why allow that?
People can be jealous and it's up to the other person whether they tolerate said jealousy within their relationship. If a woman wishes her boyfriend to not speak with other women that's insanely dumb and unhealthy, but him following her dumb wish isn't misogynistic. Or do you think her having these dumb wishes is misogynistic? If you want to argue that jealousy is inherently misogynistic go head, but in my book your analogy still doesn't make a lick of sense because jealousy has fuck all to do with racism.
The difference lies in the intention behind these wishes.

A woman not wanting her boyfriend to talk with other girls? Jealousy/Trust issues.
A dude telling his girlfriend to not talk with black dudes? Just fucking racist.

That's a pretty clear line between those two, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he was streaming with Ellen Degeneres around the time.

She even did like a live call in another time while he was streaming.

To be fair though, this is literally the only times I've ever clicked the guys channel so I don't know what else he has done since.
Streaming with Ellen on a TV show is a little different than with a woman streamer. Ellen is also a lesbian. So apparently only women who aren't attracted to men are ok to stream with according to him.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now... nothing? Oh no, you had fun with a coworker. Damn that's horrible. Better stop working with them altogether! I don't get this line of thought...

Why wouldn't you and her be angry at your boss for not cracking down on fucking stupidity like this? Having a shitty boss, a dumb work environment, and some irrational thoughts in a significant other shouldn't mean you should lean into sexist actions.
I feel like youre pulling at threads in the real example I presented, and those threads arent based in reality though. Thats not how any of this works. I agree with your "why would you" and "why wouldnt you" points in theory. But they dont necessarily exist in practice. We can dance with those two points all day long, but theyre rarely ever present in the real world. I know. Im an example of it.

Chuchubabe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The guy values his family over his work. I had never heard of him until the controversy popped up, but listening to his explanation made me respect him and his decision. The idea this is discrimination is ludicrous
Also he donates money all the time to charities, was on Ellen DeGeneres and What was he talked There? The talk was about raising Monet to charity. People voted for him he won.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Also he donates money all the time to charities, was on Ellen DeGeneres and WhatsApp and the talk was about raising Monet to charity. People voted for him he won.
Now raising money for charities automatically makes you a good person and invalidates any concerns of discrimination?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
I understand how he feels or his wife's, but I worry about how it influences the younger generation. And reinforces how certain people already think of woman.

Just on the first page we had people saying he's a good influence. But if we're telling kids that it's ok to separate genders in gaming streams just on the basis of avoiding rumors and such. I just think it sets a bad precedent.

To start this streaming business is quite different do to the continuous public nature of it. And how much time is invested.
Then as example you wanting to go to lunch with a friend/co-worker of the opposite sex.
It's effects on your relationship are drastically different.

You've got the already toxic chat of twitch. Plus all the other social media sites you may be apart of. Giving out their personal views on said streamer. And I can understand why someone would just not wanna deal with it at all.

But if this is the type of precedent we're looking at in the future. Can you truly tell me that's a good thing? Having people that control a large audience telling them it's ok not to work with the other sex just to avoid having to deal with rumors and jealousy simply enforces pre-existing ideas. And this cycle will just continue onward.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even if we all somehow agree that Ninja's stance wasn't misoginistic and harmful (it was both), are we just gonna ignore that the dude just cracked out the n word as well? And if we go further and also give a pass to that (many people will), should we also ignore Keighley's endorsement of the complete shitbag called Boogers? And this relates to this year alone. The VGAs have been a constant stage for bigots to be awarded and celebrated for 5 straight years. Which is what this thread is about. This misdirection about Ninja's wife's wishes and imaginary evil coworkers is just that, misdirection.

The issue here is that the VGAs are a perfect encapsulation of this industry: women and minorities don't matter for shit unless there's a angle for PR to exploit them at any given time. And after that is done with, into the silent box they go again, there's bigots to sell games to.

Chuchubabe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Rationalizing sexism and exclusionary rhetoric
Now raising money for charities automatically makes you a good person and invalidates any concerns of discrimination?

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
There is no discrimination, its his choise of who he wants to stream and his reason is legit, thinking about his wife and family.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Even if we all somehow agree that Ninja's stance wasn't misoginistic and harmful (it was both), are we just gonna ignore that the dude just cracked out the n word as well? And if we go further and also give a pass to that (many people will), should we also ignore Keighley's endorsement of the complete shitbag called Boogers? And this relates to this year alone. The VGAs have been a constant stage for bigots to be awarded and celebrated for 5 straight years. Which is what this thread is about. This misdirection about Ninja's wife's wishes and imaginary evil coworkers is just that, misdirection.

The issue here is that the VGAs are a perfect encapsulation of this industry: women and minorities don't matter for shit unless there's a angle for PR to exploit them at any given time. And after that is done with, into the silent box they go again, there's bigots to sell games to.
giphy.gif

Fantastic post.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Streaming with Ellen on a TV show is a little different than with a woman streamer. Ellen is also a lesbian. So apparently only women who aren't attracted to men are ok to stream with according to him.

Her being a lesbian makes her no less of a woman and yeah it's a bit different than playing with a regular streamer but I really don't see how you can spin that out to be a negative with a straight face; I think Ellen overall is a pretty positive voice in the LGBTQ community and that's a bit of positivity for an impressionable young fanbase.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
A dude not wanting his girlfriend to talk with other dudes? Jealousy/Trust issues.
A dude telling his girlfriend to not talk with black dudes? Just fucking racist.

What if the dude doesn't "trust" black dudes?

It's fucking racist, but it's just as logical as giving in to not trusting working with the opposite sex.

Or, again, what about gay people? What if your wife doesn't trust/has jealousy issues with you working with gay men? How far do we accept silly behavior. Not only accept, but apparently think leaning into that behavior through discrimination is fine.

Like, people have jealousy. That's fine. People can have negative emotions. I don't care. You shouldn't care. I sympathize. But when those negative emotions cascade to discrimination then that's past a line for me.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you don't know what you're talking about. you just don't. i know what i'm saying, and i'm saying it for a reason. i'm not just making shit up. i've talked to several women, back on GAF and now on ERA, who said they don't bother posting because it's not worth having to deal with the site's misogyny. you're not a defender of women, and we don't need you to defend us. just stop.

The bolded really makes me sad and i wish it wasn't so. But i really don't blame any woman that wants no part of this nonsense.