• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK

Now for the sweet bit. Badland Games are of course donating 75% of all profits towards helping Tom's son with his medical needs and these sales are doing so much good for him:

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing to hear, especially given the difficulties when trying to get on it last year and couldn't. Great games will sell on Switch.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so the Switch version hasn't sold the most!?

Bomba.:P

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Nearly forgot about the profit going to help the sick kid!
Glad I did buy the game physical, worth every penny.
Game was great too.

moeman

Oct 25, 2017
Is the donation to the developer for all physical units sold? If so I might buy a copy.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Now sounds like a good time to pick up a copy. I've been meaning to for ages.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
last i saw, the switch version outsold the ps4 version 2:1 at retail. par for the course on smaller games i was aware of that month (nights of azure 2 and touhou kobuto v being the others).

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
What time period accounts for 'ps4 launch'?

This is so vague. Like the tweet about Switch week 1 sales of super meat boy beating the X360 launch sales.

feelingkettle

Nov 5, 2017
Great news. It's a great game. I loved some of the new upgrades and stuff, and the atmosphere was awesome. Wish I could spend more time with new content in the universe.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is so vague. Like the tweet about Switch week 1 sales of super meat boy beating the X360 launch sales.

the general gist is that these late ports on Switch are selling so well that they're getting sales similar to when the games actually launched for the first time

vague in terms of hard data but pretty clear in terms of the point being made

Oct 26, 2017
last i saw, the switch version outsold the ps4 version 2:1 at retail. par for the course on smaller games i was aware of that month (nights of azure 2 and touhou kobuto v being the others).

WOW, especially for Azure 2! Really shows that there's a very good JRPG audience on Switch. I'm not sure if there was even a prior Nintendo system like this, at least since the SNES. Did the DS or 3DS have that kind of JRPG success, literally having multiplat JRPGs sell more on DS or 3DS than other systems, or whatever?

What about Fate/Extella? Any insight on that game's performance on Switch versus PS4 and Vita?

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
This was my second copy and if the previously announced Wii U version ever does release in the US, I'll pick it up as well.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
Well, I have the physical version on PC, but this might be worth a double dip since I never actually played it. Is it better than The Mummy? I didn't like that at all...

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad for his son, I was planning to wait a while for this one but the statement got me buying it right away!

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
It's always really easy to make these sorts of statements after reading the stat.
It's always really easy to make these sorts of statements because there are hundreds of examples from the last decade or so to use as prior experience

Very interesting considering the higher price.
I would say that, on the average, a Switch user is more likely to see this kind of content on their Nintendo platform as "premium content" worth paying a higher price for.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't realize there was a physical version. Might pick this up with the best buy discount. If I can get over the art style (not a fan)

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Such an awesome game, my first purchase on PS4 and favorite digital game this gen.

just_myles

Oct 25, 2017
I played this at an indie show a long time ago. Why haven't I bought this? I will correct that.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017

Hold up! You mean to tell me NoA2 sold more on Switch!? Is the series going to live on!?

Also, good result for Axiom Verge. The thing that gets me is that indie games keep piling up on the Switch. It's gonna need a better way to highlight them alongside good curation and proper scheduling.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Should probably say 'Switch eShop' in the title. The game did release on the Wii U after all :p

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

I would imagine, since they're happy about those numbers, that it would be an equal or lesser timeframe. Indies aren't in the practice of making bad press for themselves.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
WOW, especially for Azure 2! Really shows that there's a very good JRPG audience on Switch. I'm not sure if there was even a prior Nintendo system like this, at least since the SNES. Did the DS or 3DS have that kind of JRPG success, literally having multiplat JRPGs sell more on DS or 3DS than other systems, or whatever?

What about Fate/Extella? Any insight on that game's performance on Switch versus PS4 and Vita?
No clue about fate extella. Amazon positioning seemed fairly strong but amazon is no longer a huge player like it was 2 years ago.

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Was living under a rock the past few weeks and didnt realize this came out on switch! I need to buy later