• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Any idea about how Sonic Forces did by any chance? History shows that will have easily done best on Switch.
no real knowledge on overall sales. all i know is amazon positioning due to my own curiosity.

only other games i know did really well on switch are the early games like binding of isaac and cave story + doing 100k+ and that disgaea 5 complete just keeps on trucking (almost 200k in western markets alone).

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing news, so glad to see many indie devs achieving success on Switch.
i had a hypothesis that the switch could create its own ecosystem that would separate itself out from the other platforms just by the nature of being an attractive platform without those games. almost right away it was put to the test with retro games and japanese games exceeding expectations left and right. almost a year later and it's grown into a healthy and viable market for those kinds of games.

Jack Frost

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't make enough of the Standard physical for Switch. I would buy it if I can find it.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He tweeted this minutes after I purchased a copy for my Switch. The game is stellar. Great news.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
How does this compare to the Wii U version? The second screen seemed like a nice addition but I never got a chance to really get into it before having to store my systems away for a little while - so I'm pretty much exclusively Switch these days.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The perfect indie game, looks, soundtrack, depth, replayability, lore. Everyone should play it.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Haven't been overly interested in this game despite all the praise, but I'm gonna grab a physical copy for the sake of his son. Hell, I'll probably enjoy the game too.

Oct 26, 2017
Every single fucking time. An indie dev happy with the sales, people scramble to make sure to put things into perspective, lest we could read a feel good story on here.

Happy that his kid gets extra funding for his care.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
i had a hypothesis that the switch could create its own ecosystem that would separate itself out from the other platforms just by the nature of being an attractive platform without those games. almost right away it was put to the test with retro games and japanese games exceeding expectations left and right. almost a year later and it's grown into a healthy and viable market for those kinds of games.

It helps that all games - regardless if they're AAA, AA or the "smallest" of independant releases - are given equal footing/space on the eShop screen. As opposed to being greeted by giant "featured" splash images of AAA games/deals/DLC/season passes and then having to go look for the non-AAA stuff. Sometimes minimalism and simplicity with UI can work.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Played it recently and this gamr was a gem. One of the better Metroidvanias out there.

Great gameplay, great music, a ton of power ups/collectibles and an interesting story.

The only bummer is that considering the game and story it would jabe benefited so much from a ng+ that I am bummed there isn't post game content.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Including digital or retail only?
just retail.
It helps that all games - regardless if they're AAA, AA or the "smallest" of independant releases - are given equal footing/space on the eShop screen. As opposed to being greeted by giant "featured" splash images of AAA games/deals/DLC/season passes and then having to go look for the non-AAA stuff. Sometimes minimalism and simplicity with UI can work.
that's a good point. even the coming soon pages are pretty straight-forward

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
almost 200k in the west for a game like disgaea.

ffta3 where are you
to be fair, disgaea usually hits the 150k-200k. what's unusual is that this is the second version of the game (which is always lower than the original release) and that it did it within a year (when it usually takes 3-4) to get there, which means price drops at retail and more recently, big sales on digital.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Got to be honest, bought it a while back and not loving it. But it's certainly a well made game.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got to be honest, bought it a while back and not loving it. But it's certainly a well made game.
Yeah. Came here after looking for a thread to complain about it on Era.

I'm really early on but I already feel some poor design choices. The weapons feel like shit to use, and there's no way to kill those annoying leaper guys without them getting close and getting a few hits in. Like no matter how you approach, there's no safe way to deal with them. Absolutely infuriating.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah. Came here after looking for a thread to complain about it on Era.

I'm really early on but I already feel some poor design choices. The weapons feel like shit to use, and there's no way to kill those annoying leaper guys without them getting close and getting a few hits in. Like no matter how you approach, there's no safe way to deal with them. Absolutely infuriating.
The weapons are definitely weird; don't feel very satisfying to use or upgrade.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I got the multiverse edition but have been pretty disappointed by it so far, as the game comes nowhere close to the hype. Not the games fault though, and is still a fairly fun game.