• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
A federal judge dismissed much of a former Sony PlayStation employee's gender discrimination lawsuit against the gaming giant on Thursday, but is giving her an opportunity to make a stronger case.

In a 20-page order, U.S. magistrate judge Laurel Beeler dismissed 10 of ex-worker Emma Majo's 13 claims without prejudice, including those focused on pay discrimination and harassment.
Majo can amend those claims and try again, but will have to rebound from a ruling that says she hadn't stated enough details to make her case, particularly regarding alleged violations of the Equal Pay Act.

www.axios.com

Judge dismisses parts of gender discrimination suit against PlayStation

But the ex-PlayStation worker who sued can try again

Dismiss me if old.

ratify

Feb 18, 2021
I hope she gets the additional info she needs for the case to move forward and for her to get justice. It seems Sony did wrong here.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully the case can get another shot, it needs to be investigated fully and accountability needs to be given.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
I imagine this is a headache to prove... I still hope she keeps fighting and wins!

2022, man... And this shit is still an issue.

CQC

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine this is a headache to prove... I still hope she keeps fighting and wins!

2022, man... And this shit is still an issue.
This will never stop being an issue, Alabama banned medical care for transgender youth earlier this month. The US is on its way to fascism, with Republicans passing legislation like that, Dems being complacent (two sides of the same coin), and corporations being protected by the "justice" system. It's no surprise Majo is facing an uphill battle, hope she gets what she needs.