• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Netflix has slotted July 9 for the global launch of Aziz Ansari Right Now, Ansari's new comedy special, and has released a first-look teaser.
The comedy special, based on Ansari's worldwide comedy tour Road to Nowhere, was directed by Oscar-winner Spike Jonze (Her, Being John Malkovich, Adaptation).

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
giphy.gif

More Raaaandy please.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great to have him back....but yeah I still home Master of None S3 is happening at some point.

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on how this special goes. If he feels repentant or does a louis ck thing and doubles down

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how this special goes. If he feels repentant or does a louis ck thing and doubles down
I really hope this is not an hour-long double down and it actually contains some reflection on the event. It would really suck if Aziz was yet another feminist in name only, and chose to lash out as "outrage culture", "PC culture", etc etc.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I would rather him not address the whole thing rather than come off a sexist fuck. Unlike Louis ck some self reflection could really just put the whole thing behind him.

But master of none season 2 is one my favorite show seasons on Netflix. I hope it gets brought back

Krauser Kat

Oct 27, 2017
God I would rather him not address the whole thing rather than come off a sexist fuck. Unlike Louis ck some self reflection could really just put the whole thing behind him.

But master of none season 2 is one my favorite show seasons on Netflix. I hope it gets brought back
tragedy + time + thought = comedy. IF he doesnt talk about a huge thing happening in his life right after this great high (season 2 MoN) i think would make him a weird or bad comedian.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
His last stand up was weak, but I hope with the time he has taken, he has come up with a new set that appeals to me.

I can't wait for Master of None season 3, whenever he is ready though.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Great comic actor. Not too fond of his standup, though.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tragedy + time + thought = comedy. IF he doesnt talk about a huge thing happening in his life right after this great high (season 2 MoN) i think would make him a weird or bad comedian.

Sure I was just saying I would rather not hear about it if it's going to be some "bitches be crazy" comedy routine. And honestly I dont think he is that great at standup to begin with so I would rather him channel whatever he wanted to say into a new season of master of none. He would also have much better feedback there.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
I saw his standup act on this tour. He mentions the stuff that happened, and sounded remorseful, and as a whole it was fine as part of his set.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
Remind me again, what did he do?

As for this special, cool i really lime his style and i to got more excited thinking it was related to Master of none. Will watch

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I saw him and Dave in Austin about a month ago. An amazing night. Aziz's set is pretty good -- it'll rattle some chains, but it's not too bad. He confronted the situation and talked about how it affected him.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Remind me again, what did he do?
He had sex with a girl who later said he came on too strong* for her liking even though it was all consensual. A lot of people thought it was a questionable article in general at the time of the writing so he wasn't "canceled" but he did step out of the spotlight for awhile. I don't think he really had anyone else speak out against him.. certainly not en masse. I think it was viewed potentially as hypocritical though since he had his book about dating, etc.

Edit: Removed "a bit."

Last edited:

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never really liked his stand up, but Master of None was a masterpiece.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this is not an hour-long double down and it actually contains some reflection on the event. It would really suck if Aziz was yet another feminist in name only, and chose to lash out as "outrage culture", "PC culture", etc etc.
Assuming this is pulled from the material he was touring on last year, he addresses it and does sound reflective on it. Definitely at least doesn't sound like he went the Louis route of, uh, blaming trans people and Parkland kids.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
i hope talks about what happened. crack a few jokes to lighten the mood then talk about him trying to better his behavior and acknowledging what he did was wrong. dont want to see him go the louis ck route and just make jokes about how people today are ohh soo sensitive.