• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
how to pull for main fleet (unit in the back) unit between 3 banner?

So far I still have to use Terror together with Yorktown (free) and Long Ship (Rare)

And is Takao/San Diego good enough as candidate for Limit Break or should I save it if 1 day i got Illustrious or Enterprise?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
how to pull for main fleet (unit in the back) unit between 3 banner?

So far I still have to use Terror together with Yorktown (free) and Long Ship (Rare)

And is Takao/San Diego good enough as candidate for Limit Break or should I save it if 1 day i got Illustrious or Enterprise?
Either second or third banner gives you the best chance at those (for the back line), preferably the third banner for a chance at Illustrious/Enterprise.

Takao is solid, but San Diego is kind of a joke (from what I've read, she's a meme of sorts). If you really need to LB someone Takao is okay from what I've seen, but even then you might be better off waiting. You don't really need to LB anyone now and, as mentioned, will cause your oil cost to rise when you run them.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
where do you buy food?

nvm found it.

Is gems hard to come by? Looking at the paid currency stuff and thinking... what to drop cash on because of that 2x bonus first purchase. Maybe I should just go for the $1 for the first buy bonus...

You get them pretty easily by 100% maps on hard, and you get them when you complete specific sets of ships. Outside buying slots for the dorm and extra dock space you wont really use them unless you really want to get skins for certain ships you like.

As for San Diego, she's a meme ship that alright, but after you get your 10th copy you'll start getting pissed off by the gatcha.

I'm looking forward to people complaining about the fox mines in world 3.

Edit: I forgot to mention. For farming fleets, you want to use high level 1-2* ships for it. It might look like you have a lot of oil now, but once we get our first event soon you'll see just how quickly you use it up with your strongest fleets.

Last edited:

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Either second or third banner gives you the best chance at those (for the back line), preferably the third banner for a chance at Illustrious/Enterprise.

Takao is solid, but San Diego is kind of a joke (from what I've read, she's a meme of sorts). If you really need to LB someone Takao is okay from what I've seen, but even then you might be better off waiting. You don't really need to LB anyone now and, as mentioned, will cause your oil cost to rise when you run them.

okay thanks. kinda held up on 2-1, thats why i though maybe i should LB some of them given the chance.

As for San Diego, she's a meme ship that alright, but after you get your 10th copy you'll start getting pissed off by the gatcha.

I'm looking forward to people complaining about the fox mines in world 3.

You mean Akagi and Kaga? love their artstyle

What kind of rate we are talking here? 1% rate?

And if I play on Auto, how high the rank needed to farm 3-4?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
You ideally want to be 10+ levels higher than the enemy with good equipment when you auto farm. 3-4 (the place that drops Akagi and Kaga) has level 32-33 enemies on normal and level 52 on hard. The drop rate is bad and it depends on how lucky you are. When I was playing the Japanese version, I only got a single copy of Akagi after like 4 dozen runs.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did my daily building (and a handful of other ones, to see if I could solidify my second team). I managed to get another Helena (yay!) as as well as Cleveland. Her after-battle animation is awesome, what with the "deal with it" shades. I also got another Super Rare, but it was Warspite who's...not the best tier-wise. Still she's an SR, so on the team she goes for now.

I have both teams outfitted with SR and Elite now, so I think I'm good for a while. I'm going to do my daily build, just enough for the daily, and start saving for future events.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Used all my cube and get a second SSR... a Belfast dupe :/

Limit break or keep?

Esfolia

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I was really looking forward to this but missed the release. I'm downloading now.
Any tips/ things to avoid for a beginner? (Other than not rerolling)

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Used all my cube and get a second SSR... a Belfast dupe :/

Limit break or keep?
She's a useful character, I'd keep a dupe for your second team, especially this early on. When you flesh out your box a bit later on, you might think about fusing her away. It's up to you.

I was really looking forward to this but missed the release. I'm downloading now.
Any tips/ things to avoid for a beginner? (Other than not rerolling)
Don't re-roll. The names for accounts are unique, so unless you have a bunch you'd like to use (or don't mind having modifiers to it) you'll likely be stuck with a name you don't want, and it's relatively easy to get all of the characters you want naturally (with time) just by playing the game, since the rates are pretty decent (7% for Super Rare, 15% for Elite, etc.). Cubes are pretty common too, with just the dailies giving you more than what you need for one build per day, not factoring in what you'll get from events, commissions, etc. A lot of the stronger characters are drops from later chapters too, so you can't even re-roll for them.

So yeah, just start the account and enjoy.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Chrono.

I definitely like it so far. Good to hear cubes are common. But as others have said the UI needs a little work.
Not a problem!

Yeah, the UI can be frustrating at times, but you get used to it (at least I did). For gems, use them to expand your dorm slots ASAP, as the more you have available the more girls you can level at a time (both when playing, and away from the game). Beyond that, just save them for costumes that interest you.

Just starting out, you should probably build a few ships and try to get a solid team together. Once you do, you're probably better off saving the rest of your cubes for rate-up's on particular ships, as well as limited-time event ones. Since you generally earn more quick construction drills than the cubes themselves, you can use those to instantly build whatever it is you're working on. No point saving them, as you'll build up a number of them over time.

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
I did some research on some of my favorites shipgirls.

This is really interesting. Hood was sank by Bismarck in less than minutes. I dont understand why she doesn't return fire at all.
Clearly not something i would expect from the highest tier unit.

thats why there is that 1 artstyle depicting her sank in the sea. poor Hood.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
I did some research on some of my favorites shipgirls.

This is really interesting. Hood was sank by Bismarck in less than minutes. I dont understand why she doesn't return fire at all.
Clearly not something i would expect from the highest tier unit.

thats why there is that 1 artstyle depicting her sank in the sea. poor Hood.

If you remember that's what happened in the tutorial (things like confusing Prinz Eugen for Bismark actually happened during that battle), and chapter 1 is the attack on Pearl Harbor. It's okay though we can bring them all back with our cubes!

Oct 25, 2017
Got to ch3 and damn I'm getting wrecked. Not sure what to do against waves of suicide boats and true bullethell spam lol.

Where do you get repairs besides finding them on ? Spaces.

Don't see in the shop?

Blyr

Oct 27, 2017
This game has become my new addiction and has caused me to bench GFL

currently farming 3-4 for the fox sisters o/

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just stupid and missed it but is there a good write up on the differences between classes? It wasn't mentioned in the tutorial and now I have 30 something girls and I have no idea what I should be doing for a team comp :X

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, already wasted so many boxes. I should have read beginner wiki earlier.

• Equipment boxes can be merged at a 5:1 ratio to upgrade them to the next grade up to purple, so do so. Do not ever open any box below purple rarity.

Sofar got only 3 purple items, oh well good to know. Didn't know that merging thing for boxes.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just stupid and missed it but is there a good write up on the differences between classes? It wasn't mentioned in the tutorial and now I have 30 something girls and I have no idea what I should be doing for a team comp :X

I'm talking out of my ass here but considering what I've seen :
Destroyers are the fastest moving units, with weak but quick firing main guns, no auxilliaries but nasty torps on a cooldown. They also have the lowest hp but highest evasion (nothing like getting hit by torps and seeing MISS)
Light cruisers/Heavy cruisers have bigger (multi shot) but slower firing main guns, have at least one auxilliar turret and usually have good anti air potential. They move slower and have less evasion but more hp than DDs.
Battleships are super slow, can mount auxilliary gun(s?) and have a hilariously overpowered main turret which fires on cooldown. I think they along with carriers cannot be part of the vanguard line? According to ingame tips when aimed manually the main gun deals 20% more damage.
Carriers are the bane of flagships. They launch fighters on cooldown to counter enemy attack planes and deliver insane damage on cooldown along with clearing the entire screen of projectiles when they launch their squadrons. The cooldown is super long so it's best to keep them for the flagship of the fleet or, if you run multiple CVs to use them one at a time in order to leave at least 1 for the flagship : my Enterprise basically one shots every single boss I've met so far.

Beyond these general informations tons of ships have special skills which can influence the battle and can make ships of the same class quite different from each other.

Please correct me if information from here is wrong (and it very likely is, lol).

Edit : I keep forgetting to post about my boatgirls : I got Enterprise almost straight away, on the 5th build or so, lol. Went with Z23 at the start and got Laffey to drop somewhere in 2-X. Other notable units built : Belfast, Ning Hai, Yorktown, Helena, Houston, Indianapolis and London. I got a bunch of rares as well, most notably Portland, Sims, Fletcher, Northampton, California, Juno and a couple Repulse, ensuring I can limit break her all the way to 3 as soon as she gets of age (she's my big guns girl in Fleet One). I need to cool my jets on building though, I'm out of Tesseracts now ^^

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20180819-154328.png

Game doesn't explain shit... which weapon is better? What is 'firepower'? What is T1, T3?

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
^ Comparison isn't that good since the 2* is +2 but here goes :
Twin 150 gun fires 4 projectiles which deal 9 damage each every 3.74 secs. The 120mm single gun fires 1 bullet dealing 4 damage every .9 seconds. Firing angles, spread and range are self explanatory.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my team atm:
screenshot_20180819-1vlcaw.jpg

I'm really waiting on Eldridge via Merit purchase. She's the girl that got me to look into AzurLane in the first place (long before talk of a localization). She's not top-tier, but will probably stay on my team and be invested in the same.

Unicorn will also stay forever!

FUCK.

YES.

Within 10 runs of 3-4:

ad22zz2.jpg

Now to go 3 months without ever getting Akagi.

Nice! Congrats! I only started running 3-4 recently. Hope I have the patience. lol

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Is there any point saving/hoarding for cube?

It seems to me there arent many new SR in the future.

Here's my team atm:
I'm really waiting on Eldridge via Merit purchase. She's the girl that got me to look into AzurLane in the first place (long before talk of a localization). She's not top-tier, but will probably stay on my team and be invested in the same.

Unicorn will also stay forever!

Thats really powerful looking team.

Can it auto 3-4?

And how to level up fast? Usually i'm just grinding and put some of them on dorm.

My main fleet power is 2988 and Vanguard fleet at 4237. I just cant seem to pull any good Main Fleet (only Warspite as SSR).

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we have a guild going? Happy to make one if not.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Thats really powerful looking team.

Can it auto 3-4?

And how to level up fast? Usually i'm just grinding and put some of them on dorm.

My main fleet power is 2988 and Vanguard fleet at 4237. I just cant seem to pull any good Main Fleet (only Warspite as SSR).

Thanks! Yes, it can auto 3-4, but the oil cost is getting pretty hefty (as level and rarity are taken into account). Something like 40 a run. If you can afford to maybe you can begin 3*ing the blue weapons throughout your fleet. I've been giving 3+ to any Blue's I've come across and it helped my fleet become much stronger.

To level fast I used the dorm and the fish head exp up food as well. PvP helps too.

Last edited:

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
This is the fleet I use for pvp, where I pull all my best girls into one fleet (though, Kaga will be replacing Saratoga as soon as Kaga catches up in level).

tvefWzD.png

For clearing maps, I separate the girls into two fleets that are both around 4500 firepower in both main and vanguard. I'm using one of those fleets to auto 3-4, and I even put in a level 1 Kaga, who survived somehow. She's up to 20 now thanks to being able to survive 3-4 autos.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like I'll have to settle for Commander in PvP this season. I sorta started late so I was literally inches to Colonel. Oh well. The Merit pace should allow me to get a ship by like end of this week hopefully.

I really like how you get Merits whether you win or lose. I don't care about number rank, but just want more Merits (with season end ones as a bonus)!

Do we have a guild going? Happy to make one if not.

No, the OT creator wanted to wait and see if enough interest sparked in the game. I'd be happy to join your guild if you made one. Not sure if it has any actual benefits from what I've heard though.

Last edited:

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
It looks like I'll have to settle for Commander in PvP this season. I sorta started late so I was literally inches to Colonel. Oh well. The Merit pace should allow me to get a ship by like end of this week hopefully.

I really like how you get Merits whether you win or lose. I don't care about number rank, but just want more Merits (with season end ones as a bonus)!

I'm gonna hit Colonel with my last 5 matches tonight, but it doesn't matter because I'm like you and only care about the merit and Colonel and Commander get the same amount (though I guess I will get an extra 1000 in the mail for ranking up).

Don't care enough to aim for the ranks where you literally have to stay within the top 1000 players.

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
I like the "hunt" for better eq's. Making ships is like side project and trying to get eq's is the thing.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Level my main team to lv 50s... and still can't beat 3-3.
This is the fleet I use for pvp, where I pull all my best girls into one fleet (though, Kaga will be replacing Saratoga as soon as Kaga catches up in level).

tvefWzD.png

For clearing maps, I separate the girls into two fleets that are both around 4500 firepower in both main and vanguard. I'm using one of those fleets to auto 3-4, and I even put in a level 1 Kaga, who survived somehow. She's up to 20 now thanks to being able to survive 3-4 autos.

How does your team get so much power? Mine are similar level but power is only at mid 3000ish.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
How does your team get so much power? Mine are similar level but power is only at mid 3000ish.
Are you upgrading equipment to +3? Are you feeding common ships to your main ships in the enhance menu? These are two ways to get your ships stronger, and they make an absolutely massive difference.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
oh i never bother to upgrade equipment... since I have very little purple equipment.

Also, does enhance work in certain way or I just need to throw every common ship to the big ship?

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
oh i never bother to upgrade equipment... since I have very little purple equipment.

Also, does enhance work in certain way or I just need to throw every common ship to the big ship?
Certain ships upgrade certain stats more. You can see which at the bottom when you're enhancing. For examples, Destroyers enhance Reload a lot more than Firepower.

Feel free to upgrade blues to +3. You get a lot of the common upgrade materials.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
When you eventually get to the point where you want to trash grey or even blue equipment, you'll get back all some upgrade materials you spent on them. Also yea like Ein said don't worry about spending grey plates that's not a big deal.

Last edited:

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's a TON of grind for what? Anime girls without personality.
It's basically Kancolle/Touken Ranbu/Whatever other "crafting" style mobage is out there but with gameplay.

This is kinda why I'm glad that Fate Grand Order actually has a lot of story.

I realised with Girl's Frontline that I can't get fully into it if it's just cute art.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Thinking my team composition:

Team 1:

CV-Saragato (her artillery support is so useful and also buff the front line)
CV-Yorktown (it's free!)
BB-Nelson (heard it is good at dealing with suicide boat)

DD-Javelin
CL-Belfast
DD-Leffey

Team 2:

CV-Lexington (same as Saragato as far as I see?)
BB-Arizona (heal?)
BB-Rodney (when I get her)

CA-London (buff)
CA-Indianapolis (shields)
DD-Charles Ausomthing (buff the CA evasion)

Last edited:

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
When you eventually get to the point where you want to trash grey or even blue equipment, you'll get back all upgrade materials you spend on them. Also yea like Ein said don't worry about spending grey plates that's not a big deal.

Seriously? Good to know.

I just disassembled a +3 gray weapon to test this. I should have gotten 9 upgrade materials back for a 100% return. Only got 3. Just a heads up.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Started this and I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.
I'm rolling a shitload though, god damn so many rolls.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
Started this and I have no fucking clue what I'm doing.
I'm rolling a shitload though, god damn so many rolls.

Roll until you get some decent ships and then start saving cubes for limited constructions during events (except for doing your dailies/weeklies; you have to build 1 ship a day and 10 ships total for the week). If you don't know what's good and what isn't, this is a good starting point: https://pastebin.com/ZMBi8g6R

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
FUCK.

YES.

Within 10 runs of 3-4:

ad22zz2.jpg

Now to go 3 months without ever getting Akagi.

I'm in the same position except reversed, got Akagi rather early but bracing for Kaga to take months...

Regardless, I've challenged myself to only use Common ships, and today they've been autobattling 3-4 without much trouble:
Destroyer fleet is for boss killing by stalling long enough for main fleet specials to go off as often as possible. Works well for PvP too - I made Commander last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.