• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit, just got Fiji. Think this is the first event drop ship I've got. My luck will go back to being in the gutter for a while lol.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
You played through all the previous events without getting any of the drop-only ships? That's rough. I just took it for granted that those will be obtained by anybody farming the events; I've certainly never had an issue getting them.

On the topic of Fiji, I also got her the other day, which marked the end of the drop-only ships for me. Also got Duke of York today from the event gacha shop, so just waiting on Sheffield to come home via daily 3-builds.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's true, but I started with fallen wings so I missed a few events. But I wasn't exactly going for them either, and I don't really miss them.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I think there was only two events (Z Fleet and Neptune) before fallen wing, and there wasn't any drop only ships.

But but but how can you not miss Deutschland? She is so cute in a different way.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think there was only two events (Z Fleet and Neptune) before fallen wing, and there wasn't any drop only ships.

But but but how can you not miss Deutschland? She is so cute in a different way.
There are a ton of ships here I don't really care about. I'll track them down if it isn't too much hassle, but I'm not really grinding for boss/map drops if I don't like the design and/or think I will use them regularly. I'm not too worried about catching them all.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Was Deutschland build/drop only? I didn't get her even though I would have liked to.
Drop only, no build. She dropped on 5 different maps and wasn't a boss node drop, so pretty easy to obtain all things considered. She's not exactly a ship that'll see much active use based on her capabilities though. She's unique in that she and Graf Spee are the only CAs capable of using the Triple 283mm (SK C/28), and also has a L2D skin, but outside of that she's pretty unremarkable.

That said, the desire for collection in this game often has little to do with actual ship performance.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Drop only, no build. She dropped on 5 different maps and wasn't a boss node drop, so pretty easy to obtain all things considered. She's not exactly a ship that'll see much active use based on her capabilities though. She's unique in that she and Graf Spee are the only CAs capable of using the Triple 283mm (SK C/28), and also has a L2D skin, but outside of that she's pretty unremarkable.

That said, the desire for collection in this game often has little to do with actual ship performance.

Sounds right, I did try for her for a while, but I tend to get burnout around the middle of these events so unless it's a really important ship (say Yat Sen, Amagi or Washington) I tend to stop grinding for specific ships pretty fast.

I mean, I really do like Graf Spee's design, but there was no way I was doing that map that many times.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I tend to clear out the event shop/gacha pools in the major events, so the drop ships are pretty much just side effects of getting all the event tokens needed to do such. Gotta spend the oil on something anyhow, so it might as well be on spamming the event maps as far as I see it. It helps that there's only one world dropped ship left for me to get, but even before I was this far in my collection I always prioritized the events. Not like the world maps are going anywhere after all.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if I want to clear the event shop this time. D2 is the only one with gold blueprint worth getting but I have more than enough F6Fs. D2 and D3 is also too difficult to level up despite the relatively low enemy level.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Got Sirius off a daily build, so that's all the buildables for me. I'd like to move over to the special pool to try to get Atago, but I'm still below 100 cubes and feel like I need to rebuild my stock. At least the light pool has St. Louis, right? I don't have her yet, either.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got Sirius off a daily build, so that's all the buildables for me. I'd like to move over to the special pool to try to get Atago, but I'm still below 100 cubes and feel like I need to rebuild my stock. At least the light pool has St. Louis, right? I don't have her yet, either.
It would be nice if Atago was in the limited pool. I just got my 100th Takao there.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, congrats man! I'm happy to see that you finally got her.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god, finally got Sirius. Think I'm just missing DOY, Grenville, and Fiji but I'm already happy with Sirius/Sheffield.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. It was quite a surprise to get her. I saw that the first two were the wrong time to be her and didn't speed the builds, so seeing that third build turn out to be her was very unexpected.
I speed all builds without even checking timers. It's almost impossible to have fewer quick builds than cubes, so there's really no point in not doing it.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I speed all builds without even checking timers. It's almost impossible to have fewer quick builds than cubes, so there's really no point in not doing it.
Except that it allows one to hope that one of the ships with timers that haven't shown up yet might still be the one they're looking for. It delays the disappointment.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I prefer to crush my dreams early. Build at start of day -> quick finish -> get disappointed -> move on to farming. From there things can only get better! Unless you're farming for ships...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Took all the way down to ~20 remaining rewards for me to get out of Phase 2 then pulled both target rewards in phase 3 with just 40 tries whew.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
RNG has been kind to me this event, i've had Duke of York drop 4 times for me while farming D3. Saves me those precious gold bullins.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Got my third Sheffield. Still waiting for Grenville although I am holding on just 3 builds a day.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
1 Sirius, 3 Victorious, 2 Grenville, and at least one Jamaica. Not sure of the actual count for Jamaica since she's drop and build, and I've surpassed the number needed for MLB. On the pure drop side, got one Fiji and 4 Musketeer. Still no DoY as a drop, but that's not surprising to me since my luck with SSR event ship drops has always been shit. Thankfully they're never needed, and I have enough bulins that the dupe aspect doesn't even matter to me.

Still hoping for Sheffield to show in a daily.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I think Sheffield looks interesting enough so I will level her. Not sure about the other blue and purple...

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, finally got Yuudachi while doing the daily hard mode runs. Suppose I'll go for Maya next, since I already have 8-4 down to safe.

Also, grabbed the last piece of furniture from the lotto. Other than the reward for clearing EX difficulty, I think that's everything that can only be obtained from the event.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like I can finally re-start my 10-3 farm after next update: ship can now store exp to prepare for lv 110

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I did 30 more builds myself last night (coin was running over), and I finally got Sheffield. So now that I have all the event ships, I'll be down to 3 light builds a day for the next day or two. After that I should have emptied the event gacha completely, and I won't have any further use for the 3-build rewards.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I just lack Fiji now so I'll probably just do D-2 from here on in. I had thought about doing C-3 instead but there's basically no point since the Sirens there shred my slightly lower level ships.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I just lack Fiji now so I'll probably just do D-2 from here on in. I had thought about doing C-3 instead but there's basically no point since the Sirens there shred my slightly lower level ships.

Can do A3 if you want the most oil and time efficient farming of her along with easy leveling. Garbage drops and next to no event points in comparison though. I got her through D2, but it took a while.

And speaking of taking a while, I have a feeling I'm not going to get a single Duke of York to drop from D3 before I run out of reasons to farm the event. I mean, it's hardly a major issue as dupes aren't needed, but still kind of sucks.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Can do A3 if you want the most oil and time efficient farming of her along with easy leveling. Garbage drops and next to no event points in comparison though. I got her through D2, but it took a while.

And speaking of taking a while, I have a feeling I'm not going to get a single Duke of York to drop from D3 before I run out of reasons to farm the event. I mean, it's hardly a major issue as dupes aren't needed, but still kind of sucks.

I think I'd be more into this idea if
a) There were more than four fleets
b) Getting to safe let you cut down of the number of fleets you had to kill
c) I didn't need a ton more event points

I kinda want to lb Eldridge with the gold bulin I'll get but I'm guessing the right move is to save it for Duke of York.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Grenville finally from a daily build!

Still have 720 cubes. Perhaps I will do a few more daily 3 x heavy build and hope for Atago... or I will just do more D# in lieu of the 300 points.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, over 700 cubes... You have more than enough to burn without having to worry about impacting future events.

In regards to my last post, I did actually end up getting a DoY to drop in one of my last runs of D3 before completely emptying out the event gacha. Now back to farming 9-4.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I think I've decided to farm for Fiji on A-3 while leveling Duke of York for now. Once I get Fiji maybe I'll switch back to a higher level one.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got my last bit of event furniture and I'm done. Back on cruise control farming for map drop ships (up to 8-1). Finally made it to chapter 10 but this whole necessity to manual the bosses right now has me turned off and not eager to progress at the time being. Still hoping for an Atago from a daily build but i've really cut back on my cube usage and have saved up ~80 cubes in the process. I just assume at some point there will be an anniversary event with a rate up for her, or I'll luck up between now and then.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Got my last bit of event furniture and I'm done. Back on cruise control farming for map drop ships (up to 8-1). Finally made it to chapter 10 but this whole necessity to manual the bosses right now has me turned off and not eager to progress at the time being. Still hoping for an Atago from a daily build but i've really cut back on my cube usage and have saved up ~80 cubes in the process. I just assume at some point there will be an anniversary event with a rate up for her, or I'll luck up between now and then.

I finally finished up world 10 and did auto the whole way but it was awful and even having the danger level down a couple notches a three star fleet ending up at a chokepoint, enemy battleships nuking my flagship down at an inopportune time, or an unlucky ambush can derail a world ten run pretty easily.

elty

Oct 31, 2017

I think the last anniversary event in JP/CN actually gave a SSR ticket which you can pick Atago.

Duraigo

Nov 28, 2017
Gotta farm for Fiji, and given that RNGesus gave me Sirius in my first four builds, I doubt I'm gonna get Sheffield.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
got shiny sheff like 3 times now, another victorious too but no sirius! well if i don't get her this time, by the time the rerun comes around she'll probably have a voice so there's that at least... I'm just working on a build to use sheffield and jamaica together now.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
got shiny sheff like 3 times now, another victorious too but no sirius! well if i don't get her this time, by the time the rerun comes around she'll probably have a voice so there's that at least... I'm just working on a build to use sheffield and jamaica together now.
Hate to break this to ya, but Sirius already has her VA planned out and scheduled for mid-March.

Status
Not open for further replies.