• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
JP is getting the Steel Sakura re-run. Sad that EN will be gimped to the non rerun version.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This game really needs 2x/3x when on auto, grinding maps takes longer than it should. :(

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I like World 11 since it force me to use a full fleet so I use my oil faster. Unfortunately this also fill up my exp in lecture hall quickly.

So submarine is coming and the special pool will be so diluted. No rate up though so probably not worth spending cube in (until Centaur comes). Still have almost 800 cubes though so tempting to do a 10 build...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Should be able to finally finish Visitors event today. Ise took forever, only just built a day or two ago, and I should at least get to clear out the shop of event stuff today.

Level cap increase/YatNingPing let me deal with chapter 10 with relative ease, now just grinding for Jintsuu.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Should be able to finally finish Visitors event today. Ise took forever, only just built a day or two ago, and I should at least get to clear out the shop of event stuff today.

Level cap increase/YatNingPing let me deal with chapter 10 with relative ease, now just grinding for Jintsuu.

Man, I got like 10 Ise over the course of the event.

Good luck on Jintsuu. Finally got her today.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Couldn't resist and did about 20 builds. Get Taco and U-81 so ya? Not sure what is the next event.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Have to say that my first impressions of subs is a big whopping "meh". Subs are difficult to level effectively (might as well be dorm fixtures) and use (wander around the map on their own wasting ammo with no care for your own plans in attack mode, and sit there doing jack shit in support mode), and ASW gear is locked behind the time gated SOS missions which aren't even particularly interesting. I hope ASW mechanics never creep into the main game, because the only saving grace to subs is that you can pretty much ignore them.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Have to say that my first impressions of subs is a big whopping "meh". Subs are difficult to level effectively (might as well be dorm fixtures) and use (wander around the map on their own wasting ammo with no care for your own plans in attack mode, and sit there doing jack shit in support mode), and ASW gear is locked behind the time gated SOS missions which aren't even particularly interesting. I hope ASW mechanics never creep into the main game, because the only saving grace to subs is that you can pretty much ignore them.

It's pretty annoying that you need specific anti-sub gear for those missions.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Need more fleet slot so I can have a dedicated fleet for SOS mission + memory chip daily.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, so subs can show up in fights besides the boss battle. That's annoying. I thought only the boss fleet had to have ASW equipment. Well, not like there's a reason for the boss and mob fleets to be different at this level of difficulty...

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, so subs can show up in fights besides the boss battle. That's annoying. I thought only the boss fleet had to have ASW equipment. Well, not like there's a reason for the boss and mob fleets to be different at this level of difficulty...
Sure, the early world missions can be done by a single fleet, and not even an impressive one at that. It's only a matter of time though before the higher stages get unlocked from the increased search range. Only one day in and I have a chance to get up to W7 missions. W10+ SOS stages are probably rather nasty without two fleets with decent ASW gear. Which of course is compounded by the fact that decent gear is locked behind said stages as blueprints, and we all know how long farming gear from blueprints takes even without the time gating.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
The submarine/ASW system is so bad. It takes forever to get any usable equipment from blueprint.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've tried W10 ASW stages, I have to revise my assumption that you'd need two fleets with decent ASW gear. Boss is beatable even with blue trash assuming your ships are high enough level, and you don't even need ASW gear for the clear fleet. Was a bit of a pain in the ass to flip gear around from my under leveled ASW fleet I was using for W9 and under, but other than that it was a breeze. Looks like the higher tier ASW gear is just "nice to have" sort of stuff, but by no means needed.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The submarine/ASW system is so bad. It takes forever to get any usable equipment from blueprint.
The equipment system as a whole is just bad. I hate finding out what I should/shouldn't equip to my characters, and you can't even lock items. Equipment currently used on your characters don't even show up in your storage, which makes it all the more frustrating. I'm not particularly excited about submarine equipment being added to it all.

Oct 25, 2017
is there a way to tell what categories a ship is, in game?

like how do i know if something is sakura fleet or something else outside of checking the wikis?

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Under their nameplate they give their official name so you can determine from that.

IJN = Sakura
USS = Eagle Union

etc

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Also, you can filter ships by faction. In the dock, press the button in the upper-right corner and it will give you sorting and filtering options.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Forty builds: 2x Kawakaze, Harutsuki, Yoizuki, 4x Fumizuki, and 4x Asashio. So I got every new buildable except Nagato. Not a bad rate.

EDIT: Got enough gold for another 10-build, noticed that the first timer matched Nagato's (and those of a few others), and sped it up before making any more builds. It was Nagato. I no longer need to make any event builds. Still might anyways, to try to save on Bulins.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Forty builds: one of everything limited, and no dupes. Got Nagato on my first 10 build which felt good since Nagato has been one of the ships I've wanted from the time I started playing the game. Got Kawakaze in my last batch. Much improved over the last event for me. Now I can just do light builds for the 3/day event points. Maybe mix it up with some special constructions for a chance at the subs.

noticed that the first timer matched Nagato's (and those of a few others), and sped it up before making any more builds.
I don't know how you folk even go through the effort of checking timers. I just batch build, expedite everything, and skip to the results screen.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how you folk even go through the effort of checking timers. I just batch build, expedite everything, and skip to the results screen.
This page has all the build times listed. It's just a matter of searching for a name and looking at the time. Nagato's was the only time I bothered looking up for this event.

I usually do 10-builds during events, but this time the timer was just staring at me so I had to check it out.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I know about the built timer page. Way back in the day I'd look at that page, but that was back when cubes were a scarce resource and I didn't have an effectively infinite supply of quick finishers. These days I just quick finish everything as my finisher count is always higher than the cube count, and it's not worth wasting time looking up build timers.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I think I just lost my account? Been playing since launch and had my account bound to Twitter. Whenever I try to log in the game keeps asking me to start the tutorial and none of the servers show a character being created on there. When I try to log in it says it's success, but Avrora (the server I was originally on) is still showing as empty. I'm trying a reinstall now. :(

Yeah, it's gone. :/

Last edited:

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Did you.... rebind to Twitter first? The update basically reset the state of your game so you need to rebind, then choose the right server. If that still doesn't work just contact them on Discord. Lots of people having problems from the update today.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you need to log in via the twitter icon to the left upon first starting up the game. Then make sure you're logging into the right server. The only people that have theoretically lost their account should be those that never bound the account in the first place.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.

For some reason the game kept trying to log me into an old/unsed Twitter account, so I signed out of that and logged into my main. I used a similar name for it so I was a little confused. I'm back in thankfully. :)

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
All's well that ends well. Now you can move on to the building phase!

Have to say though, it did give me a bit of a fright when I logged in this morning and was greeted by the tutorial. Took a minute to figure out what happened, and then I looked at the official twitter account and saw it was something that impacted everybody. There's going be a lot of disappointment today for those that never bound their account. Not that I can feel too sorry for them given that's precisely the point of binding.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely going to do some mass builds in a bit. Need that Nagato!

It definitely is unfortunate for those that didn't bind, though. It's one thing to lose your data if your phone bricks or you lose it, but another matter entirely when an update un-binds the data. I'm just thankful I had my account bound, but then I'm always paranoid about stuff like that so I always do it as soon as a settle on an account (after re-rolling, if I opt to do that).

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Whew, I got worried when I read about Chrono losing his account, but then immediately everything was better.

I haven't been faced with the issue yet, but my account is bound and on two devices, so I should be good when/if it happens to me.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, I got worried when I read about Chrono losing his account, but then immediately everything was better.

I haven't been faced with the issue yet, but my account is bound and on two devices, so I should be good when/if it happens to me.
Yeah, it was pretty terrifying. When I loaded the game up it has me on the Washington server. I was like "Huh? This isn't my server!" so I switched to Avrora. Thenit loaded the tutorial. I immediately killed the app and restarted in, and clicked the Twitter login. It pulled up my Twitter information, I hit connect, same thing. Tutorial. I uninstalled/reinstalled, connected to Twitter, once again. Tutorial. I then noticed the Ywitter app was using an old/outdated Twitter account, so I once again logged out and then logged in with my other Twitter account. Success! Definitely scary, though.

I did 2x 10 builds and got Nagato! Still no Kawakaze, so I'll stick to daily three builds and trying to get her as a drop from B-2.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got Nagato in first 10 build. Not much interest in what else is on offer so will just take it easy till the end.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017

wonder what the heck happened with this recent update that's causing these issues.

Seems like it's centered around the addition of the new Yostar binding option. They beta tested it, but obviously not well enough. No idea what the heck they're talking about with point #1 though. If you didn't bind, it doesn't matter if you used an emulator. It reset both my emulator and phone's local settings upon updating. It wasn't a big issue because I had the account bound and could recover, but I don't see how advice for #1 would differ for people regardless of their device. That said, I'm surprised there's anything they can do in those cases. I assumed the game would completely overwrite the local storage when creating a new account, so I figured people that didn't bind would be up shit's creek without a paddle.

Point #2 (as far as I can tell from the wording) seems to be less a problem with the game and more a problem with the accounts people bound to? Like people having their FB accounts shut down or some such? Dunno.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see how they compensate people who actually lose their accounts over this, esp. if they spent real money

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
True enough. I don't envy the technical team right now, they have a lot to deal with. :/

elty

Oct 31, 2017
They can most likely recover the account. It just take more effort to look for them.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I could feel the color go from my face when I tried logging in and it acted like a fresh account, ahaha. Thankfully I linked both Twitter and Facebook so all it took was logging in with twitter again.
I feel awful for people who hadn't bound yet though...

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So all the daily point bonus only adds up to 1590 points per day, or 22260+3000 points for the event. You need ~43000 points to clear the shop, or ~34000 if you forgo the coin, oil and cola. 34000 points shouldn't be too hard after you factor in the runs required to complete normal/hard mode. The only complication is SOS mission is taking my oil away.

I guess the natural stopping point is either 35000 or 45000 so you have two copies of Mutsu. I plan to fully LB one and keep one for lv70.

In some better news I finally got Kawakaze in my daily 3x build. So I am about 100 cubes down and I only gave Kawakaze and the two rare DD. I will probably go full panic mode if I don't have Nagato in a week.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
How is this going to work? Are they time limited? Still no Nagato and now even more new ships incoming...

Basically you have a series of tasks that you need to complete, kind of like sectary mission except it takes more effort. Two tasks require 1 million and 2 million of a respective ship class from a country (So to get Monarch, you need to earn 3 million total XP for all Royal BB/BC) respectively which seems to be the worst for most.

There is no time limit though. Most PR ships are top tier except Izumo which sadly has a skill that take more damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.