• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeaselKing

Oct 27, 2017
Basically you have a series of tasks that you need to complete, kind of like sectary mission except it takes more effort. Two tasks require 1 million and 2 million of a respective ship class from a country (So to get Monarch, you need to earn 3 million total XP for all Royal BB/BC) respectively which seems to be the worst for most.

There is no time limit though. Most PR ships are top tier except Izumo which sadly has a skill that take more damage.

Thanks!

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
PR ships are going to be a long grind. Like half a year or more to get them all maxed out. And then there will be a wave 2 behind them. I can't even say I'm really excited for them.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How is this going to work? Are they time limited? Still no Nagato and now even more new ships incoming...
Already answered, but...

Basically you have a series of tasks that you need to complete, kind of like sectary mission except it takes more effort. Two tasks require 1 million and 2 million of a respective ship class from a country (So to get Monarch, you need to earn 3 million total XP for all Royal BB/BC) respectively which seems to be the worst for most.

There is no time limit though. Most PR ships are top tier except Izumo which sadly has a skill that take more damage.
This.

So don't worry, no cubes needed and you can choose who to work on.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
O Nagato finally graced my dock. (I found this wording funny).

Got all ships finally and down to 650 cubes.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm okay with this trade. But this means a question is about to be very relevant to us: As her younger clone, is Belchan Belfast's little sister or her daughter?

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with this trade. But this means a question is about to be very relevant to us: As her younger clone, is Belchan Belfast's little sister or her daughter?

Sister.

From a genetics standpoint (do ship girls have genetics? lol), her being a clone would be like a genetically identical twin that got cryo-chambered for a while or something. Daughter would imply that some other genetics are mixed in.

From a ship class standpoint, she'd be a sister ship of the Edinburgh class - just like every other ship of the same class are sisters.

Edit: Also, lol at browsing the twitter thread:
DG1fHWi.png

Sensitive material lol...

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
And while we get Bel-chan announced for EN, the other versions get Zeppelin-chan announced. Hopefully the wait won't be too long for us. Should allow a full KMS backline without invalidating Tirpitz's self boosting skill.
mqsrob1rz4t21.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think it might be worth saving an extra Nagato just so I can make another Sakura team, or should I use it as an easy LB material?

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I only level dupes for ships that have class change retrofits (at least ones where I actually want to preserve the initial class). I can't be bothered to level, skill, and outfit dupes for 0LB farming or any other reason. That and with all the good ships out there, I pretty much never field two teams of the same nation.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Nope. Too many good ships available. Only dupes I kept are:

- the 4 BB before BBV retrofit
- Mutsu, Erebus, Dawn and Casin for 0LB low cost substitute

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Personally I only level dupes for ships that have class change retrofits (at least ones where I actually want to preserve the initial class). I can't be bothered to level, skill, and outfit dupes for 0LB farming or any other reason. That and with all the good ships out there, I pretty much never field two teams of the same nation.
Nope. Too many good ships available. Only dupes I kept are:

- the 4 BB before BBV retrofit
- Mutsu, Erebus, Dawn and Casin for 0LB low cost substitute
You guys are probably right. My dock is already full enough as it is. >_<

Looks like the Kazuni AI cola will have at least 2-3 build only SSR ships....
What are the other ships along with the collaboration? It seems strange for there to be more than one, unless there's variants of Kizuna Ai herself.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm counting myself lucky in that this collab doesn't interest me. Unless there's subs in the limited build pool, I probably won't bother building from it at all. Collab ships don't count for completion, and generally aren't that useful vs normal/event ships. They're only worth expending cubes on if you really like what the collaboration is based on.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
After all these sub missions, I finally was able to make my first piece of sub/asw gear!
And it's a piece of trash!
4yKNscg.png

Meanwhile all the gold gear is 1/3 - 1/2 way to being able to be built. Purple gear ranges from 1/2 to nearly finished.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So in JP, The Kizuna (2% each for SR BB/CV, 0.5% for CA (also in point exchange)) is in a limited pool while the Elite loli/chans (2.5% each x 3) are in the special pool.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
So in JP, The Kizuna (2% each) is in a limited pool while the chans (2.5% each) are in special pool.
Guess I'll be burning cubes in the special pool then. Works out for me since I'm missing subs anyhow.

As for Bismarck, no chance it's "soon" for us if she's retaning UR status. We're still waiting on the Sandy/Warspite retros after all.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Does the CN/JP version ever get a 2x/3x speed option? I enjoy the game, but it takes WAY too long to play through things on Auto. :(

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So they are running two point grinding event at the same time, I wonder if you can get both points at the same time..

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Took a couple more 10-builds to finish out the event. As is typical with me I get lots of dupes of the SR ships with the more common ones being more difficult to get.

Not sure what my plan is for Kizuna event, as much a fan as I am I don't want to drop a bunch of cubes on ships I won't use with space I don't have.
Does the CN/JP version ever get a 2x/3x speed option? I enjoy the game, but it takes WAY too long to play through things on Auto. :(
From how I see the game working in other areas in/around QoL it would really surprise me if features such as this fit in their design philosophy. I'd love to be wrong though.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be a nice QOL update, but one that could have knock on effects for the servers. Would effectively double to triple the updates being sent to the server in a given period of time during events when everybody hammers new content. I wouldn't count on it happening at any rate. Helps that I play with an emulator, so I just let it do its thing in the background. Not as easy to do that on a phone.

So they are running two point grinding event at the same time, I wonder if you can get both points at the same time..
Going by the recent event experience, it could happen. You could earn the points for the Foreign Idol event and Steel Sakura simultaneously when the event periods overlapped.

I think Loli > Kizuna. Probably will do both though since I still have 700 cubes.
Unless you love Kizuna, she should be lower priority since she doesn't count for completion.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Given that the collabs don't count for completion, and they've so far all been mediocre to worthless performance wise, it's kind of pointless to care about whether they come back. They don't count for faction buffs, they'll never get retrofits down the line, and unless you absolutely love them, they'll never do more than sit in the dock unused and take up space forever. I've never fielded the Neptunia collab ships for instance, and I like Neptunia.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
From how I see the game working in other areas in/around QoL it would really surprise me if features such as this fit in their design philosophy. I'd love to be wrong though.

It'd be a nice QOL update, but one that could have knock on effects for the servers. Would effectively double to triple the updates being sent to the server in a given period of time during events when everybody hammers new content. I wouldn't count on it happening at any rate. Helps that I play with an emulator, so I just let it do its thing in the background. Not as easy to do that on a phone.
Well that's a shame. Thanks guys, I'll continue to hope.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
You get one Kizuna for free anyways, right? Meh, i don't need 4 different versions of of her. I guess i'll spend my cubes on the smol ships.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
According to CN...

Kizuna DD T3 (12% chance to BUFF enemy stat)
Kizuna CA T0.5 (in between Portland and Takao)
Kizuna BB T1 (Washington with weak AA)
Kizuna CV T2 (needs other Kizuna in fleet)

Zeppy T3 (3rd slot is flex bomber/CL gun makes her practical)
Hiel T4 (very weak)
Akagi T3

One new aux equipment will change the equipped ship faction to Kizuna.

Oct 25, 2017
Man... i think this might be the only gacha game that i play daily with zero care in theorycrafting and really much squad building strategy outside of trying to build squads where buffs align up.

Having good enough fun just autobattling the easy content and building waifus lol.

Dope this game just supports that. Although things are getting a bit hard at the ch9-10 Zones...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
New OP is beautiful.

Irrationally miffed the best Ai design isn't SR like the rest.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Got lucky with both BB and CV in 20 builds. Will do the chans slower for the point bonus.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
50 Special builds and still missing Hiei-chan. Will drop down to 3/day for the rest of the event or until obtained.

Event wise, it doesn't appear that grinding the SP maps counts for tokens towards Bel-chan, so it's going to be somewhat annoying having to grind SP maps for the event shop and normal maps for Bel-chan.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to start with the chans. Made 50 builds. Got my first submarine via builds (Dace), FOUR Zeppys, and Hiei. So I didn't yet get the chan that I actually wanted. Well, the event has just started.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I got U-81 in my builds which marked my first (built) sub. Amusingly 4 of the 10-build batches had none of the chans, and 1 of them had one Zeppy and two Akagi-chan. RNG is a strange mistress.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just did 3 and 3 builds, got a Hiei.

App is pretty cluttered right now with things to do. BGM is nice tho.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the Bel-chan event, I think it might be best off to just grind 4-1/2/3. Easy to 1:1 clear quickly with just about any low oil ship, and only 4 battles per stage for 80 points, and you'd still get purple plates. It will take 125 clears x 4 battles each = 500 battles total, but that'd be faster and cheaper than the higher level chapters. For instance, you'd need 72 chapter 10 clears x 7 battles each = 504 battles total, and those battles will be longer and far higher oil cost. Any way you slice it though, it's a big grind. Like 8+ hours worth of grinding.

This wouldn't be bad if it were the only event for the time period, but seeing as how it's mutually exclusive with the Kizuna event, it's rather shitty. We also have less time to do it than the other regions. We're on the rerun version where you get no points for daily tasks, but we have the time span of the original version where there *were* daily tasks that gave out large chunks of manjuu. The rerun version should run a month. I think they didn't properly plan this out properly. I expect a time extension or it altered so the SP maps count for manjuu.

Edit: Purple plates are ch 6+, so probably best to do 6-1 on repeat instead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.