• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
When dealing with maps where the # of enemy fleets exceeds the amount of ammo between my fleets, and there is no resupply on the map, what are my options as far as getting that 3rd sink everybody star?

Tough it out with the ammo penalty, hope one of the "?" squares drops an ammo, or?

I just save the smallest enemy fleets for last and do them with 0 ammo with one fleet while the other fleet saves 1 ammo for the boss.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You can bring Vestal and level her skill and you can get an extra ammo, or you just have to tough it out. Usually easier to go back and do them for that reason.

I just save the smallest enemy fleets for last and do them with 0 ammo with one fleet while the other fleet saves 1 ammo for the boss.
Thanks. Don't have a Vestal right now so guess I'll hold off for that, or until my secondary fleet can survive long enough for the other strategy.

Sapo84

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks. Don't have a Vestal right now so guess I'll hold off for that, or until my secondary fleet can survive long enough for the other strategy.
If you have Akashi that works too, you just need to have the second limit break for the +1 ammo capacity.

It's usually easier to use a fleet with 0 ammo though.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
hmmm don't think I have a healing ship. What's the easiest way to get a decent one?

Where do I get unicorn?

The best healer is Unicorn, a light carrier. You can get her in 4-4 or 5-4, or you can get lucky building Light.

Shouhou is also a light carrier and has the same exact healing skill but doesn't have as good a 2nd skill as Unicorn (also you have to retrofit her to even get the 2nd skill). Shouhou is in 2-2, 2-3, and 2-4 and cannot be built.

Arizona is a battleship and is a decent healer but her heal has a 50% chance of happening instead of being guaranteed like Shouhou's and Unicorn's. It does heal slightly more though if it goes off. Arizona is in 2-2, 6-3, 9-1 (which we'll have soon) and she also currently drops in B-1 and D-1 of the Fallen Wings event maps.

These are the only 3 healers you should seriously raise. Vestal and Akashi are actual "Repair Ships" and they're cute, but super fucking terrible at their jobs compared to the three girls listed above. Read this: https://pastebin.com/RucY4TwC if you're interested in the math of why dedicated repair ships are terrible mechanically.

Oct 25, 2017
cool thanks!

been playing this game way casual, just autobattling content and building until I got event stuff.

not too sure if I need to do more. Haven't really tried the too hard stuff haha.

Not sure if I should be messing with retrofit?

Also I'm suriously lacking the limit break mat for gold units, is there place to farm them?

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
cool thanks!

been playing this game way casual, just autobattling content and building until I got event stuff.

not too sure if I need to do more. Haven't really tried the too hard stuff haha.

Not sure if I should be messing with retrofit?

Also I'm suriously lacking the limit break mat for gold units, is there place to farm them?

For Carriers and Light Carriers, there thankfully aren't many worthwhile retrofits available. Really there're just Ranger, Shouhou, and Saratoga (whose retrofit we don't have yet). And Ranger and Shouhou are relatively cheap to retrofit, so have at it.

Cruisers (both light and heavy) and Destroyers have a FUCK TON of girls who are worth retrofitting, so you're gonna need to decide how to budget your retrofit blueprints. You get blueprints from doing hard mode of the main story quests, and you only get 6 clears of hard mode per day. Maps that end in -1 give Destroyer blueprints (so for example, 1-1, 2-1, etc), -2 give Cruiser blueprints, -3 give Battleship ones, and -4 give Carrier ones.

Not too many battleships worth retrofitting, and 4 of them actually totally change class if you retrofit them. Hyuuga, Ise, Yamashiro, and Fusou transform into BBVs (Aviation Battleship) if you retrofit them. General consensus is you totally gimp Yamashiro and Fusou if you retrofit them completely, so what people do is they fill the retrofit nodes in besides the very last one, so they get all the stat boosts but don't class change. Hyuuga and Ise are actually great even after becoming BBVs, but there're still trade offs. We don't have Hyuuga's and Ise's retrofits yet, but we do have Yamashiro's and Fusou's.

As for limit break mats, there's no way to "farm" them. You can buy them with merit from pvp, medals from retiring ships, doing the weekly tasks, and collecting them in the monthly check-in thing. Even if you lose every single pvp match for a season, you should still get enough merit to buy at least one gold Bulin from the merit shop AS LONG AS you actually bother to do all your matches.

EDIT: I was wrong on the last thing. You need a win ratio of around 50% for the season at least to make enough merit to afford a gold Bulin for 15,000 merit.

Oct 25, 2017
For Carriers and Light Carriers, there thankfully aren't many worthwhile retrofits available. Really there're just Ranger, Shouhou, and Saratoga (whose retrofit we don't have yet). And Ranger and Shouhou are relatively cheap to retrofit, so have at it.

Cruisers (both light and heavy) and Destroyers have a FUCK TON of girls who are worth retrofitting, so you're gonna need to decide how to budget your retrofit blueprints. You get blueprints from doing hard mode of the main story quests, and you only get 6 clears of hard mode per day. Maps that end in -1 give Destroyer blueprints (so for example, 1-1, 2-1, etc), -2 give Cruiser blueprints, -3 give Battleship ones, and -4 give Carrier ones.

Not too many battleships worth retrofitting, and 4 of them actually totally change class if you retrofit them. Hyuuga, Ise, Yamashiro, and Fusou transform into BBVs (Aviation Battleship) if you retrofit them. General consensus is you totally gimp Yamashiro and Fusou if you retrofit them completely, so what people do is they fill the retrofit nodes in besides the very last one, so they get all the stat boosts but don't class change. Hyuuga and Ise are actually great even after becoming BBVs, but there're still trade offs. We don't have Hyuuga's and Ise's retrofits yet, but we do have Yamashiro's and Fusou's.

As for limit break mats, there's no way to "farm" them. You can buy them with merit from pvp, medals from retiring ships, doing the weekly tasks, and collecting them in the monthly check-in thing. Even if you lose every single pvp match for a season, you should still get enough merit to buy at least one gold Bulin from the merit shop AS LONG AS you actually bother to do all your matches.

EDIT: I was wrong on the last thing. You need a win ratio of around 50% for the season at least to make enough merit to afford a gold Bulin for 15,000 merit.

and... what's the point haha. does retrofitting offer much better units over top rarity ones? Or can those retrofit too?

Is investing in retrofit the key to autobattling the harder event stages?

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
and... what's the point haha. does retrofitting offer much better units over top rarity ones? Or can those retrofit too?

Is investing in retrofit the key to autobattling the harder event stages?

Retrofitted units get a shit ton more stats and usually a new skill. There's no reason to not retrofit if you have the blueprints and don't want to retrofit a different girl. It's pure gain. And no, there's no retrofit beyond an already retrofitted unit. Check this link to see which retrofits are available in the English version: https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/Servers#Retrofits

Make sure you're looking at the section specifically for "Retrofits in EN".

Edit: Misunderstood your question about retrofitting top rarity stuff. Right now there's only one retrofit of an SR and we don't have it in EN yet. It's San Diego, and she goes from complete garbage to absolutely godlike after the retrofit.

Sapo84

Oct 31, 2017
Shouhou is also a light carrier and has the same exact healing skill but doesn't have as good a 2nd skill as Unicorn (also you have to retrofit her to even get the 2nd skill). Shouhou is in 2-2, 2-3, and 2-4 and cannot be built.
It's not only the skill (if you actually plan carefully Shouhou second skill can actually be more useful if you're bringing other carriers), Unicorn also has slightly higher HPs and a faster plane configuration with more AA (fighters + torpedo will easily launch at least 1s faster than dive + torpedo).
Shouhou on the other hand is cheaper to run and bring a lot more damage with her.

Arizona is a battleship and is a decent healer but her heal has a 50% chance of happening instead of being guaranteed like Shouhou's and Unicorn's. It does heal slightly more though if it goes off. Arizona is in 2-2, 6-3, 9-1 (which we'll have soon) and she also currently drops in B-1 and D-1 of the Fallen Wings event maps.
Arizona with a fast gun is a pretty good healer if you just go for the average HPs healed by fight. The fact that is so RNG dependent makes it a worse choice though.

Vestal and Akashi are actual "Repair Ships" and they're cute, but super fucking terrible at their jobs compared to the three girls listed above. Read this: https://pastebin.com/RucY4TwC if you're interested in the math of why dedicated repair ships are terrible mechanically.
The main problem with that analysis is that it forgets the contribute of the repair kits.
If you're doing 5 fights it's an additional 6% heal.
And neither Shouhou or Unicorn will heal the suicide boat damage or heavy AA damage to the backline.
If you're just healing the frontline, sure, there is no need for repair ship, but when harder content will come things will be a bit different, and that's why Akashi is usually put at T0.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
The main problem with that analysis is that it forgets the contribute of the repair kits.
If you're doing 5 fights it's an additional 6% heal.
And neither Shouhou or Unicorn will heal the suicide boat damage or heavy AA damage to the backline.
If you're just healing the frontline, sure, there is no need for repair ship, but when harder content will come things will be a bit different, and that's why Akashi is usually put at T0.

I don't play JP, but the analysis is written by someone who does. I've spoken to him on the game's official discord and he assures me that CN is wrong with their repair ship tiering, even up to world 12.

Sapo84

Oct 31, 2017
I don't play JP, but the analysis is written by someone who does. I've spoken to him on the game's official discord and he assures me that CN is wrong with their repair ship tiering, even up to world 12.
So everyone is wrong but him?
Also, another nitpicking:
backline heal isn't really useful the backline should not be taking damage in the first place
Also worth mentioning is that if your AR dies, the repair kits sink with her. The game never tells you, so this guide will
Either the backline heal is kinda useful or the second quote is not worth mentioning (how can a AR die if the backline isn't taking damage?) (let alone the fact that it was super-obvious, why would a bonus remain after the ship providing the bonus is sinked?).

The first quote also only really applies to manual play and it requires a good understanding of how to compose a fleet.
While I believe for his style of play the other three healers work better than Akashi/Vestal I don't think it's an universal truth like he seems convinced it is.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
The repairships if maxed has 3 free repairs per sortie, and they can equip multiple AA guns, so their still useful on aircraft heavy stages like World 12. The other thing is they have 3 free repairs that heal the whole fleet so that's another free 30% HP. Also, no ship is useless, every ship is viable, just some are better at certain things, and others are more specialized. Ex. People beating fallen wing ex stage with low level ships for shits and giggles.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Seems to be random but it is always one of the 7 (Hood, Enterprise, Sandy, Taco, Lusty, Warspite, Eugen)

Repair ship has 2 AA slot with AA mount + 1. So on paper a repair will contribute 4x AA than a normal 100% AA efficiency ship. Even Isuzu and Sandy does not come close to a repair ship for pure AA.

I think part of the reason why CN tier list differ is the limit break. A lv100 non MLB ships has much lower DPS than a lv100 MLB ships. Running non MLB will probably expose CN's trash fleet for a long period of aerial damage and adding repair ship is probably the cheapest way to fix this issue.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, was hoping I could buy my way to an Atago at this point
You can wait until our first anniversary. If it's anything like what Japan received, we get a ticket that we can exchange for any of the initial seven medal exchange characters, along with a few extra (Atago is one of them).

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
werent event ships supposed to be added to the normal pool after the limited build is done? I mean, not from all events obviously but I thought atago was supposed to at least?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Judging from where I'm at now, I don't see myself clearing D-3 or getting Minne by tomorrow. Got all the other stuff though, don't feel too bad considering I didn't start until a week before the event.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
werent event ships supposed to be added to the normal pool after the limited build is done? I mean, not from all events obviously but I thought atago was supposed to at least?
Some do, not all. Atago is one of them though, that will eventually be added to the common pool. The current event ones (Minneapolis, Washington, etc.) are still event-only, though that could change in the future.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
In the end, after 200+ rolls, no Minnie was given to me. Hopefully, this Nep event will be better...

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
personally, I'm going to be saving up cubes for a while since I blew them all on fallen wings. so I'm glad that the next event is nep, but for a different reason than most, haha.

don't give a damn about the franchise really, and it helps that apparently none of the ships are good statwise either.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't decided if I'll spend many cubes on Nep ships or if I'll just roll light construction every day for Ning/Ping Hai.

Edit: Is there a complete list of all the ships currently available? I don't necessarily care about getting everything but I'd rather roll construction in a way that makes sense.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Go to collection then archive. Has a list of all current ship available and how you can get them.

Spam 10 cubes and got Uzuki. Still 450+ cubes left. Neptune has so many new ships though so not sure if I can catch them all.

elty

Oct 31, 2017

Not all of them, and some are added much later. For example ZKK/SKK, Ise and Hyuaa was only added in JP recently, 9 months (?) after the initial event.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Nep-nep!

I have over 300 cubes saved for this event, and I'm properly saving my gold this time, as well. I've almost hit the soft cap a couple times - just barely staying below it. This time, gold will not constrain my builds until I've gotten in a respectable amount!

Then again, I've read that there are good item skins to buy during the event, so maybe gold will become an issue more quickly than I think.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
I 3 starred all of chapter 9 today with two 2:2 fleets. Didn't get a single one of the chapter 9 exclusive girls though, so I'll be here farming for awhile. Hopefully be done before chapter 10 drops.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
RNG is a weird thing. I've probably done 3-4 over 50 times by now and gotten no Kaga, but on the fifth run of 8-4 (just trying to get three stars) I got Maya.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking at the Neptune decor. I think this might be the first set I purchase in-full, including the gem pieces. I really like the way it looks, and can see myself using it for a long time.

Oct 25, 2017
Did this week's event end? I've not been able to trigger more steps for the puzzle piece one or the halloween one?

I'm on 7/8 puzzle pieces

Edit Never mind figured out the puzzle one. Confusing lol

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Did this week's event end? I've not been able to trigger more steps for the puzzle piece one or the halloween one?

I'm on 7/8 puzzle pieces

I think I got ~half of my pieces from missions, half from drops on maps 2 and 3 normal.

Then I remembered how much I hate slide puzzles.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017

I'm on 7/8 puzzle pieces

Yeah, I didn't realize that we needed to hunt the rest of the pieces in maps 2 and 3 either before I looked it up, either. If the slide puzzle is still giving you difficulty, I recommend solving the top and one of the sides first, to reduce it to a 3x3 puzzle. That made it a lot easier for me.

Oct 25, 2017
Man this puzzle lol. Glad I finally got it. Havent done these in years.

Apparently I did the halloween one already. The game needs to be better at telling you that you finished an event...

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Shiranui is a liar! A filthy, filthy liar! She said my next box opening would be a good one, so I opened some boxes. Sure enough, the first item out was gold, but it took a few seconds for the actual item to load. And when it did, it was a repair toolkit! My fourth gold repair toolkit! I haven't even finished Akashi's questline yet!

wilstreak

Dec 1, 2017
Shiranui is a liar! A filthy, filthy liar! She said my next box opening would be a good one, so I opened some boxes. Sure enough, the first item out was gold, but it took a few seconds for the actual item to load. And when it did, it was a repair toolkit! My fourth gold repair toolkit! I haven't even finished Akashi's questline yet!

for some reason I also has a lot of gold repair tiket and Gold Fighter Jet. Totally hate it, no more need for fighter jet when I'm still lacking Dive Bomber or Torpedo Bomber

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I have four of those damn repair cranes. :(

Edit: Breaking News! Atago L2D Skin next month on Global. I'm so happy I already bought it!

80 cubes spent and got White Heart, Black Heart, Green Heart and Blanc so far. I'll stick to daily pulls for a while and see if I can manage the rest.
Cx77j0i

Last edited:

Lockon

Oct 28, 2017
Yep the game keep raining repair crane toolkits. I have 7 of them.

Also, good start for this event. Only spent 10 cubes for Vert daily mission:
http:///cxZc.jpg

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it took a whole bunch of pulls but I managed to get Noire in both normal and CPU form. I suppose that's enough rolling for day 1.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
30 builds (?). Got White Heart and Blanc only... well and Enterprise so I can finally MLB her.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Any of the neps any good? Tempting to build more than enough for daily mission.
Nope. All of the Neptunia ships are considered pretty bad.

And it turned out that I couldn't resist a few more pulls today. Snagged Blanc. So that just leaves Purple Heart, White Heart, and Green Heart that I need to chase after.

Status
Not open for further replies.