• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Same here, I still have 604 cubes. But then I buy the monthly card which gives me like 30 cubes a month.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bu- wha- h- how did you have just one cube?!?! Gold has been the limiting factor for me since the early days. I couldn't get down that low if I tried.
I've been trying without much luck for an Atago since the last event.

Conversely, I don't spend much gold otherwise and I've never been short really, I have ~130k or so now.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Seriously? With the discount going on I am buying all the T3 plate, T3 book and food. Rretrofit also cost $$ and I retrofit ships if I have more than enough bueprint.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I'm having coin troubles as well. I don't like this solution but I'm considering not taking advantage of the cheaper upgrade plates until I get everything I want from construction.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously? With the discount going on I am buying all the T3 plate, T3 book and food. Rretrofit also cost $$ and I retrofit ships if I have more than enough bueprint.
I'm sure I'm not making the most of my gold. I've started buying more books and stuff from the store but really before then I was never in short supply, even for the higher tier stuff. Not having paid any money, the only thing I'm really short on is cubes and gems. Retrofits do need a bunch of stuff but I've mostly already done the ones that interest me and are available.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Free 20 cubes and 10000 gold this weekend just by logging in, so don't stop building until you get every ships!

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I think I may end up grinding out B-3 instead of D-3, because if D-2 is any indication finishing up D-3 is gonna be a slog.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
No map drop anything really useful this time. Maybe C1/C2/D1 depends on Amagi's level.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Got Ashigara off a random build. Since Kaga can be purchased with points I no longer need to do event builds. It's nice to get an event's builds out of the way early for once.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Ashigara worth aiming for? I already have Amagi (after 80 something builds) and got Kaga as a drop today. Still no Ashigara though. :/

BTW, this is the first event where the story actually interested me. I hope future events are like this.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea if Ashigara is worth anything from a gameplay perspective, but since this is a collection game...

And yeah, the story this time is several steps above anything they've done prior to this. It helps that it doesn't read like it was just machine translated this time, but the production values were clearly increased.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I still noticed one or two spelling errors, but as a whole it was a lot more cohesive. Nice final battle too.

And I guess I'll keep trying for Ashigara in my daily pulls. I mean, I need to do it for cubes anyway. I do really like her design, so here's hoping.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Is Ashigara worth aiming for? I already have Amagi (after 80 something builds) and got Kaga as a drop today. Still no Ashigara though. :/

BTW, this is the first event where the story actually interested me. I hope future events are like this.
I still miss Naka and Kaga.

By the way how many points are people aiming for? I am thinking 55000 for the gold print.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I still miss Naka and Kaga.

By the way how many points are people aiming for? I am thinking 55000 for the gold print.
Kaga you can get from the exchange shop, so no worries there. As for Naka, she's only a Rare, so I'd like to think you'll get her from your daily event builds between now and when it ends. But then, I've done a bunch of pulls and didn't hit the 15% rate-up on Ashigara, so anything is possible.

As for points, I haven't really decided. I probably should, just to set myself a limit/goal.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Got Taka and bought Kaga. Guess I am done with the event other than grinding point.

Going to do three light build a day and if I get st Louis I will buy the skin.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am just now realizing you can scroll the Point Exchange shop menu up and down...I wonder if I've missed this in other events...

Ugh, think i'm up to my 5th 2:05:00 and they are all takaos lol. I did just manage to swing Nelson off of 2-3 so I think i'm off to 6-4 for yuudachi.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
You may have, but the item you bought will be moved to the bottom so everything you haven't bought should still show up eventually.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I can't beat 9-4 boss with a 12k/12k full ammo fleet. I can 3 star every stage before that. feelsbad

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Fleet composition, ship equipment choice, and skill synergy are far more important than the power rating the game spits out. Stage 9-4 can be beaten (on auto even, albeit gambling with getting an S rating) with fleet power ratings under 12k/12k with the right selection of ships and gear. In fact, ships that often have lower power ratings such as repair ships like Akashi and healing carriers like Unicorn and Shouhou can be extremely useful for clearing stages. Repair ships are more for trash clearing than bosses though.

Having the right selection of skilled up ships in a fleet is critical moving onward. For as annoying as 9-4 may seem, W10 makes W9 look like a cakewalk.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
I was autoing 9-4 before danger level came out with an HMS team that included Ark Royal. Her skill that slows down the enemy is super useful.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
A HMS setup is capable of auto running bosses all the way through W10 when properly equipped/leveled/skilled. That said, I'd typically include Helena for bosses even though she's USS since there's no HMS equivalent to the godly Radar Scan which can greatly shorten boss encounters.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Fleet composition, ship equipment choice, and skill synergy are far more important than the power rating the game spits out. Stage 9-4 can be beaten (on auto even, albeit gambling with getting an S rating) with fleet power ratings under 12k/12k with the right selection of ships and gear. In fact, ships that often have lower power ratings such as repair ships like Akashi and healing carriers like Unicorn and Shouhou can be extremely useful for clearing stages. Repair ships are more for trash clearing than bosses though.

Having the right selection of skilled up ships in a fleet is critical moving onward. For as annoying as 9-4 may seem, W10 makes W9 look like a cakewalk.

Yeah W10 is nasty. I can beat enough fleets to get to the boss but can't get them to half health. I have a ton to do as far as getting my equipment good enough.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I've only attempted it a few times, but I usually can get to the boss with my boss fleet going mostly unused, like 1 fight.

Edit: I'm hoping once I get Amagi high up she'll help get me over the top

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I've only attempted it a few times, but I usually can get to the boss with my boss fleet going mostly unused, like 1 fight.

Edit: I'm hoping once I get Amagi high up she'll help get me over the top

Even one fight can be the difference between a win and a loss if you're on the edge, or the difference between an S and an A rating. One fight in W10 can put a decent dent in your forces with all the sniping BBs in virtually every encounter, run of suicide boats, etc. You really want to start the boss with a fresh fleet if at all possible.

I assume you're using Akashi in your trash clearing fleet? If not, do so. If you don't have her, prioritize her. The extra ammo and healing helps immensely with clearing the 6 battles to spawn the boss. I was using Washington, Akashi, and Shouhou as the backline for my trash clearing fleet in W10. Washington because she's a tank with a great barrage that's detached from the cannon fire, so you get a more spread out stream of damage from her. Shouhou adds to the backline damage and mitigates some of the vanguard damage taken. Akashi heals everything, and adds ammo so the 6th battle doesn't become a slog. Can't remember my exact front line from back then, but high durability / self healing units help for the front line. Minneapolis, Phoenix, etc.

Amagi's a great BC, and will probably work well with an IJN fleet focused on boss killing. I say probably because I've reduced danger to safe level in W10, and thus can't really test her under those circumstances. I don't think she'd make a good trash clearing fleet flagship though as the medium armor is a major weakness when survival over many battles is paramount.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I think my clear fleet was Washington/Akashi/Shouhou (or Unicorn) with Phoenix/Fortune/?

I've tried several different boss fleets. None have enough damage to kill the boss before time runs out or they kill my frontline.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I was using a HMS fleet for boss killing in W10. IIRC it was QE, Hood, Unicorn, Belfast , Leander (Retrofit), Helena. I find HMS in general to be a pretty good fallback for clearing. You can find a combination of ships to handle the vast majority of situations. I mean it helped they were all level 100, with maxed skills and gear, but HMS is just very versatile with QE buffing them all.

It's only going to get better too with next month bringing the Winter's Crown event and Duke of York. That and the announcement of Warspite getting a retrofit (not for us - yet).

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I was using a HMS fleet for boss killing in W10. IIRC it was QE, Hood, Unicorn, Belfast , Leander (Retrofit), Helena. I find HMS in general to be a pretty good fallback for clearing. You can find a combination of ships to handle the vast majority of situations. I mean it helped they were all level 100, with maxed skills and gear, but HMS is just very versatile with QE buffing them all.

It's only going to get better too with next month bringing the Winter's Crown event and Duke of York. That and the announcement of Warspite getting a retrofit (not for us - yet).

Yeah, I tried HMS and I couldn't make it work which is why I suspect it's mostly a gear/skill level issue.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Wow this thread is back to life (briefly).

Make sure your backline has +10 weapon is the only thing I can say. Chapter 10 is all about dodging as much as you can with your Vanguard until your main fleet can burn it down. Syncing your Salvo and radar scan is important.

Portland kai is also coming so another great ship added.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I have W10 on farm status now (full danger level). One thing that may not be obvious is they do a lot of burning damage, so put on those fire extinguishers.

You may still want to manual the boss just so your vanguard doesn't eat a face full of torpedoes in order to keep the S ranking.

My set up is ShouhouKai/Amagai/Akashi/Fortune/Laffey/Javelin for clear fleet (never in danger really). And boss fleet is Unicorn/Hood/Warspit/Eldrige/Helena/AyanamiKai

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Once you have W10 to safe level, you don't even need to run 3/3 setups. For farming that just chews up oil faster. Ship selection is also a lot more flexible. You've gone from ships that are up to two levels higher than you (at 100) to ships that are effectively 8 levels below you in the same situation.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I always have too much oil. I intentionally use full fleets to use up my oil. It's a game I mostly play to finish up the dailies so even with full fleets my oil expenditures don't match my oil gains.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
That's one way to bleed off excess oil I guess, but less than ideal usage in the case of W10. You're most likely dealing with max level ships, so the extra oil is essentially being used for zero gain aside from a faster clear time. Personally I spend it on stocking up on the 5% exp dorm food when I want to keep the canteen from overflowing with oil. Then I have a reserve to pull from when I want to dedicate all oil income to farming.

I mean, I'm not as obsessive as some that optimize down to the last point of oil being used per run, but at the same time I don't want to just waste tons of oil when it can be put to more productive uses.

Oct 25, 2017
question. outside of the dock i find it really hard to get into the details page of a ship. seems really inconsistent like on squad setup page. Is there a certain area to tap on?

Also is there really no way to save 'autobattle' state after opening the app again and the popups?

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
question. outside of the dock i find it really hard to get into the details page of a ship. seems really inconsistent like on squad setup page. Is there a certain area to tap on?

Also is there really no way to save 'autobattle' state after opening the app again and the popups?
In the fleet formation area, there's a "Details" button in the lower right that'll bring up a list of the current ships in the formation where tapping on any of the ships will bring you to their individual page. If you mean during the ship selection when filling a formation, there's no way to go to a ship's page, but the "stats" button in the upper right will rotate stat overlays for all the ships. It's worth mentioning they're working on a UI refresh/overhaul for the game, so hopefully there will be some improvements to the way information is presented.

As for auto-battle... yeah, you need to reset it on after every log in. Perhaps additional QOL aspects like that will be added when the new UI hits. Originally the game didn't even have the auto-fill option for commissions, so it's certainly possible.

elty

Oct 31, 2017

I don't see how either. At least a UI overhaul is coming I think...

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like we are getting a new CN/JP HMS event that gives two new CL maid. Not sure if it is also part of the Warspite retrofit event.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
This Thursday will be crazy:

Portland and Hais retrofits
2 ex-Soviet Chinese DD and Yat Sen
2 HMS Maids and a Bogue class CVL
2 Fletcher with Chinese new year skin (since they were sold/given to Republic of China after the war)
Plus the poor Graf Spee

That's a total of 9 new ships so far and all of them are free (given the wording). Chances are there will be two more build only ex Soviet / PLAN DD so that's a total of 11 ships.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
They need to slow the rollout of the limited availability skins, or make more of them permanent additions to the store. I mean, I love the fact that the monetization in the game is almost entirely based around cosmetic skins with no gacha element to obtaining them, but they've been releasing them at a breakneck speed during the holidays. Quite a few being relatively expensive Live2Ds no less. It's getting rather hard for me to decide which to get and which to ignore until they're re-run.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So it looks like most of the new ship is not free afterall, at least they are not in JP. The language they used is misleading this time.

So the light pool will be full of stuff: 3 HMS, 2 PLAN, 2 USS and 1 ROC on pick up. Probably the worst gacha so far.These ships will stay in the pool but the chance of getting them will be so small.

So after all the ships get added to the light pool, getting Aurora will be next to impossible.

Last edited:

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I think I realized that despite the fact that I've been able to beat 10-1 a couple of times, the fact that I can get a run derailed by some bad luck pretty quickly just is not fun for me. I know some of it is that I need to level my gear a bunch but it's still a bummer, and not really what I come to this game for.

So, I'll wait for some stronger ships and maybe for level cap increase to mess with it again so it's closer to trivial to beat.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
General question then, relative to CN server, whereabouts are we in NA to seeing the level cap increase that I see on the wiki goes up to 120?

EXP is generally speaking easy to come by, and I'm starting to run out of ships that I really care about leveling up and those that do hit the limit in a week or two.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I think I realized that despite the fact that I've been able to beat 10-1 a couple of times, the fact that I can get a run derailed by some bad luck pretty quickly just is not fun for me. I know some of it is that I need to level my gear a bunch but it's still a bummer, and not really what I come to this game for.

So, I'll wait for some stronger ships and maybe for level cap increase to mess with it again so it's closer to trivial to beat.
The chapters aren't going anywhere, and I doubt you've farmed every ship from the lower ones. Just work on filling out your roster while leveling up gear, ships, skills, etc. World 10 doesn't need a level cap increase at all though. The initial clearing can take some manual override here and there, but once you do the initial clear and start getting the danger level bonuses it becomes pretty trivial.

General question then, relative to CN server, whereabouts are we in NA to seeing the level cap increase that I see on the wiki goes up to 120?

EXP is generally speaking easy to come by, and I'm starting to run out of ships that I really care about leveling up and those that do hit the limit in a week or two.
Should get it before the next world releases, but who knows exactly when that'll happen with the nonstop events taking up the bulk of people's time. That said, I'm getting close to 50 level 100 ships and counting, and over 100 more in the wings waiting after that, so I'm in no hurry to start having 100->120 work on top of that lol.

Last edited:

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
The chapters aren't going anywhere, and I doubt you've farmed every ship from the lower ones. Just work on filling out your roster while leveling up gear, ships, skills, etc. World 10 doesn't need a level cap increase at all though. The initial clearing can take some manual override here and there, but once you do the initial clear and start getting the danger level bonuses it becomes pretty trivial.

Even once I get everything to ten, the margin of things going wrong seems so thin on world 10 that I'm not sure it's worth messing with it. For example, the last time I tried the boss on 10-1, one row of suicide boats managed to get through and took my whole back line to 20%. And then any chance of finishing was gone.

I'm fine with grinding, I'm fine with min-maxing gear and and all that, but when it comes to a little bit of bad luck instantly destroying your chances I don't find it fun.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
The suicide boats shouldn't really be an insurmountable problem with upgraded gear. The back line BBs should be able to make short work of most of what gets through the front line with their secondary weapons. Worst case basis you run manual and make sure your front line intercepts them.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I don't really recall what happen in 10-1 boss (I only beat it enough to pass). However having AP gun in the middle helps. I think I use Rodney in the center because of her CL guns, Hyguaa and someone else I forgot.. with Amagi and Kaga BB this should only be easier.

Another news I managed 30 builds before all gold is gone. Still missing Yat Sen and Tai Yuan. This is the infamous "Poison Pool" I guess (lots of new ship and relatively low chance).

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Boss(es) in 10-1are destroyers and should have light armor. BB AP guns do 30% damage to light armor. AP thus should be the worst choice. HE is the ideal at 140%.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Boss(es) in 10-1are destroyers and should have light armor. BB AP guns do 30% damage to light armor. AP thus should be the worst choice. HE is the ideal at 140%.
AP secondary gun I mean so it can hit two bomber ships. Even with heavy armor boss for main gun I think HE gun is still better due to ignite.

Also anyone find it strange that they end the event on 1/31 00:00? Previously of the event ends on 1/31 it always mean 1/31 23:59 instead. I bet some people still think they have another day for the milestone

Status
Not open for further replies.