• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Dz140t5U8AEfOhf.jpg

https://twitter.com/AzurLane_EN/status/1098167139469385729

Sirius is coming home bois

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Good that Sirius is coming, but this post pretty much confirm from now on EN will be forever 1 year behind JP. It is funny when they said they will catch up the game content, it actually means "skins and dorm set". One thing I don't like FGO is they are always 2 years behind.

The explanation of witholding re-run content also makes no sense. if they are concerned about difficulty they can just lower everything by 20 levels.

Last edited:

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Don't worry 10-4 is easier, the torpedo from Jintsuu is easy to dodge even in auto. Still recommend manual though until you get the threat level down.

I've had some bad luck on 10-4 so far, being at a level disadvantage is nasty when your boss fleet gets ambushed. I'm terrible at manual though since I've mostly played on auto.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
My thanks to the Intern-kun who accidentally released the Sirius icon! I would have been very disappointed if she'd been excluded.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
The letter doesn't even make any sense in regards to this rerun content. They're the ones that set the expectation of it being the rerun even before the "leaked" content. In the Discord they said it'd have all the ships early on, and later they officially announced Grenville who wasn't in the original. After that the patch notes were released and all sorts of screwed up: including Fiji and Musketeer who were also not in the original, but omitting Matchless who was. Now they try to claim it was the original? By what logic would that have been anywhere close to the original?

They also claim the original would have been beneficial to new players because of levels, but the rerun event and original in this case have exactly the same level requirements. Mechanics changes aside, a new player would have more or less the same difficultly completing the rerun as they would the original.

Finally they cap it off with "Therefore we have decided overnight to include the re-run content (Sirius & Matchless) into the upcoming Winter's Crown event on February 21st (PST)." I mean, good on them to listen to the criticism rather than stubbornly proceeding as planned, but this is just outright bullshit again. Matchless wasn't re-run content. Do they not realize we can look into what past events were on CN/JP versions? The information is out there; they can't just make up what the original was vs the rerun to suit their narrative.

C'mon Yostar, you're better than that.

Post edit for accuracy:
Fiji and Musketeer were in the original as drop ships, but not construction, and the old wiki style had them partitioned off from the rest of the new ships. Definitely my fault for not looking carefully enough on that, but the Matchless / Grenville inconsistency remains. I mean, I guess they could have completely mixed up which ship belonged to which version of the event, but that's not really any better of an excuse for a company that actually made the events in the first place.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I've had some bad luck on 10-4 so far, being at a level disadvantage is nasty when your boss fleet gets ambushed. I'm terrible at manual though since I've mostly played on auto.
You really need to just dodge the torpedo, which is converging thus easy to dodge. Otherwise all you need is to sync your main attack with Helena radar scan.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I tried manual, didn't really enjoy playing it that way. If I can't pass it on auto for now, so be it. I'll just wait til my gear is better to try again.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I mis-read and thought we had until the 27th to grind for Ryuujou. :(

elty

Oct 31, 2017
First 10 build gives Victorious and Sheffield. Instead of going all in early I will go slow this time, so I can get the 3x build bonus point every day.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Their messaging on date is really bad. Last time many people thought the Crimson event ends at 23:59 but it actually ends at 0:00.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Drained my coins and did 50 builds this morning. Got Sirius on the first 10-build, and subsequent builds gave everything but Sheffield. Victorious hit twice. Overall not bad for day one, but it'll be 3-build from here on out while fishing for Sheffield. Allow my cubes to recharge a bit for a last day bonanza if luck evades me.

Their messaging on date is really bad. Last time many people thought the Crimson event ends at 23:59 but it actually ends at 0:00.
In this case though it's people mistaking the reward redemption period with the event period. Reward redemption has always been longer than the actual event. Just like this event's redemption runs to March 20th, but the event itself only runs to the 13th. That's less bad messaging and more just people not paying enough attention.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In this case though it's people mistaking the reward redemption period with the event period. Reward redemption has always been longer than the actual event. Just like this event's redemption runs to March 20th, but the event itself only runs to the 13th. That's less bad messaging and more just people not paying enough attention.
While true, normally the date that's larger is the event duration, while the finer print should detail how long the exchange remains open. They had the 27th in big, bold letters, which led me to believe that was how long the event ran, when in reality it ended a week prior to that. I know partially it's my fault for not reading closer, but it seems strange to strongly advertise the 27th when it's only the exchange that remains until that point.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
While true, normally the date that's larger is the event duration, while the finer print should detail how long the exchange remains open. They had the 27th in big, bold letters, which led me to believe that was how long the event ran, when in reality it ended a week prior to that. I know partially it's my fault for not reading closer, but it seems strange to strongly advertise the 27th when it's only the exchange that remains until that point.
The big banner in question was one of two IIRC, and brought you to the redemption area instead of the event area when clicked. Rather than adjusting banner text they just need to have current event time periods listed in the Notice that they insist on popping up all the damn time anyhow. One place with all the dates and times that can be brought up easily. Then you'd have a quick reference for major and minor events, skins, and dorm sets.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes I forget that the level doesn't necessarily reflect the difficulty on event maps. I was going to level ships but even c1's boss is pretty nasty.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The big banner in question was one of two IIRC, and brought you to the redemption area instead of the event area when clicked. Rather than adjusting banner text they just need to have current event time periods listed in the Notice that they insist on popping up all the damn time anyhow. One place with all the dates and times that can be brought up easily. Then you'd have a quick reference for major and minor events, skins, and dorm sets.
Yeah, that's be a great change. With a few others than me being surprised that the event ended as early as it did, hopefully they'll incorporate something like that in the future.

Congrats to everyone on their builds! I'm going to do mine later this evening, here's hoping!

Liethe

Nov 19, 2017
Built every ship I wanted in about 50 or 60 cubes. not sure how many exactly.

Got Sirius and Sheffield in the first 10 pulls, but Victorious took longer. also ended up with Jamaica and Grenville but I don't really want em.

Now to just casually work toward Duke of York and I'm set!

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
I wasted around 130 cubes but was able to snag all the buildable ships. Now to start saving up for the next big event again.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I forget that the level doesn't necessarily reflect the difficulty on event maps. I was going to level ships but even c1's boss is pretty nasty.
You can still use C1 to level ships, but they need to be a bit higher than an equivalent recommended level on regular maps. Really though, you don't need to be that concerned about using level 100 ships these days thanks to the Lecture Hall. While it isn't as effective as direct leveling, you're no longer totally wasting the exp when using level 100 ships.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It took me WAY more cubes to get Victorious than I thought it would. Sirius came to be in my first ten build, and got three of her overall. The other ships came to me pretty quickly too, aside from Victorious. I got several off-banner Super Rare (unfortunately all were dupes with my primary being MLB'd already), no Sandy-chan, though. Oh well, it's done now.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Technically you're better off not burning cubes just to get everything day one. You get 300 event tokens every day for doing 3x builds. Once you have every ship you're just wasting the cubes on potential dupes, or otherwise giving up the task based tokens.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
The event builds cost two cubes though, if you can get all the girls right away then you can just do three light builds a day and save some cubes and gold.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
The event builds cost two cubes though, if you can get all the girls right away then you can just do three light builds a day and save some cubes and gold.
Err, assuming your goal is just getting the event ships, then you're not saving cubes by doing that.

If you end up needing to spend [X] cubes on event pool builds to get all the ships, then you're not spending any more cubes if you spread those cubes over multiple daily 3-builds than you would spending them all at once. Rather, if you do all event builds on day one and then do light builds from day two onwards, then you're actually spending [X] + [Y] cubes where [Y] is what you use on light builds.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Or you could be like me, someone who missed Atago when she first came out and still hasn't gotten her, and move from event builds to another pool that could give you something else that you want.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see another Atago fan here, I hope you get her! If all else fails, there's always that anniversary ticket Global SHOULD get when our time comes around, so there's at least that.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I think 3x daily build is too expensive if you don't need anything from the event pool or the light pool. I rather forego the 300 points.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Or you could be like me, someone who missed Atago when she first came out and still hasn't gotten her, and move from event builds to another pool that could give you something else that you want.
This is me too. So many Takao since they added Atago to the Hard/Special pools. Taking a step back for a while.

As for the event, 20 builds and only Jamaica for me so far.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So any good farming spot? Nothing good for blueprint, so maybe just D3 since it has all the drop only ships.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
The only new ship I've gotten so far is Jamaica... from the skin pack I also got Jamaica's skin. I do really like her design though so can't complain too much but I really want Sirius eventually.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
So any good farming spot? Nothing good for blueprint, so maybe just D3 since it has all the drop only ships.
Eh? With the exception of D1, they're all good. The gold quad 610 torps from C1 are recommended for manual play. There's also the purple twin 150 (tbtsk) and triple 152 which are good for CLs and BB secondaries respectively. C2 has the de-facto gold CA gun. C3 has a good gold AA gun. D1 is crap for gold gear, but there's the autoloader I guess. D2 has one of the best gold fighters. D3 has a good gold AA gun, and the best BB gun (the purple one, not the gold).

Also, D3 doesn't have all the drop only ships. Fiji is A3/C3/D2

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I have now gotten at least two of all the event builds except Sirius. I haven't gotten her yet. No matter the game, the desire sensor is a hell of a thing.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I'm too busy running the maps right now to even think much about builds. Stop driving yourself crazy with builds, and start playing so you can drive yourself mad with drops and event gacha instead. ;)

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, i'm just impatient i guess. Thankfully the event builds have been kind to me in this game.

On another note, those D3 sirens hit like a truck.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sticking to D2 until Fiji drops. Even there certain sirens can hit pretty hard though - at least when running the dumb-as-a-brick auto. Things were sometimes a little too close for comfort, so while working down the danger level I just manually controlled the clear fleet on the Sirens. Went from the vanguard face tanking everything and being on the verge of death after a finishing the Sirens to being barely hurt lol.

I will almost certainly have to do the same thing in D3 even if I ratchet the clear fleet to a 3:3 setup. It would be so much easier without the garbage fleet composition that hard mode forces on you for this event.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck on Grenville. In my experience it's the SRs (Elites) that can be the hardest to get from the pools. Hopefully the sharp-tongued maid Sheffield will drop for me from the daily 3-builds, and I won't end up needing to do more bulk builds at the end of the event. In the mean time, got another useless-but-devoted maid Sirius. (As opposed to the scatter-brained and clumsy maid Edinburgh - I do so love the silliness of the HMS maid theme.)

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Got tired of only being able to make a few builds at a time, so (other than the obligatory builds) I decided to take today off from building. Should be able to make a decent few tomorrow. Still looking for Sirius.

I didn't realize Kent was a maid until she showed up in Sheffield's story. Now that I know and have looked at her again, it's embarrassing to think that I missed it.

Speaking of things I didn't notice at first and also Grenville: I didn't pay close enough attention to her artwork to see that she had a griffon with her, so seeing it show up in the dorm was quite a surprise.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
The griffon is obscured by the side bar on the ship details screen, so unless you were looking closely at the original build event screen, it'd be easy enough to miss.

As for Kent being a maid, generally speaking the HMS ships fall under one of the three M's: Maids (Belfast and company), Maidens/Aristocracy (QE, Illustrious, etc), and Military officers (Warspite, Grenville, etc).

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Twenty more builds, still no Sirius and now I'm below 100 cubes for the first time since I first got more than 100 cubes. I think I'm going to take it easy on building for an extended period of time this time.

Sapo84

Oct 31, 2017
Got lucky with the builds this time and pretty much got everything already.
I've been farming D3 for points and for the chance of getting DoY (obviously didn't get her but since I've already cleared 3/5 of stage 3 it should drop tomorrow anyway) and man if it's harder than the level would suggests, normal enemies are pushovers (3 star main fleets can hurt the backline though) but all the sirens have absurd DPS.
With threat level at 0 I can use a safe 35 oil mob fleet (auto since 95% of the time I play AL I'm also doing something else) and fifty.-something for the boss but still, a lot more difficult than past events.
Imho the composition isn't bad, fleet 2 has a CVL slot which means you can put Shouhou/Unicorn, add a strong BB/BC (I'm using Amagi for the defensive buff, for the torpedo stat and because I'm bringing her to 200 affection) and Phoenix in front and you have a very cost efficient fleet that can literally auto for days.
Fleet 1 has enough open spot to create a pretty decent boss fleet (the torpedo requirement will force 2 torp-CL on top of a DD and possibly either rainbow oxytorp or Kaga-BB/Tirpitz but as long as you have enough ships at level 100 it shouldn't be a problem).
I'm personally using Hood + Hornet (only because I'm levelling her up) + Belfast + Ayanami + Jintsuu.
Ayanami with Supernatural triggered and Jintsuu buff is honestly distusting (and would be even more broken with something like Abukuma Kai instead of Belfast).

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I wasn't paying attention and I completely filled up the lecture hall exp pool. I hope I didn't waste too much.

My D3 team is Amagi, Houshou and Phoenix for trash. Tirpitz , Ranger and Edinburgh, Javelin and Laffey for boss. Auto ok usually even if I get the big laser.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I've had a hard building low cost fleets for D3 because of the torpedo requirements.

Edit: Also, Yat Sen is a god send on the D3 boss. So much dodging.

Status
Not open for further replies.