• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Opened up some mail to get enough gold for another 10-build for Akagi-chan. Noticed that the second timer was 4:35, which is her timer, shared only with the adult Graf Zeppelin. That's all the buildable chans taken care of.

So paying attention to timers saved me eight builds. That is why I pay attention to timers.

I'll take it easy on the Kizuna Ai collab builds, at least for a little while.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I thought only 6-x drops purple plate.

Will probably do 8-4, 4 battle to boss, drop Maya that still need to MLB and 2 ? node. Also have to level up Ooshio and Hatsusomething for the story anyways.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
So paying attention to timers saved me eight builds. That is why I pay attention to timers.
If you did a 10-build, how did you save any builds? Unless you didn't do a 10-build and just did them one at time.

I thought only 6-x drops purple plate.
Yeah, I goofed there. Not sure what I was thinking. In that case, 6-1 is probably ideal. Battles will be slightly longer/harder than ch 4, but still faster/easier than the later chapters, and still 1:1 capable.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So the Kizuna event is 20 days

Daily: 700 points
Black: 600 points

26000 points for event.

Event shop is 51200 points. Minus the oil, coin, cola and all purple plate is 40450, take out the equipment box is 35650. So need to farm 10000ish point, which is 83 battles of SP4.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
If you did a 10-build, how did you save any builds? Unless you didn't do a 10-build and just did them one at time.
Are you saying that there's a way to automatically make 10 builds on a banner? Because I've never se- *Checks the build screen.*

Oh, so there is a way to make multiple builds at once. I genuinely never noticed that before. Here I've always been going back and forth between the build screen and the queue screen. This explains a few things.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, the amount of hassle you could have saved yourself over all the events!

As for the "saving" aspect, that only really applies if there's nothing else in the pool that interests you IMO. In my case, even if I hypothetically only needed to do a singular build instead of a 10 build, there's still a chance the other 9 builds could become something else I wanted, so they're not really wasted. In the case of these special builds, there's still a number of subs I don't have, so I'm not exactly sweating the lack of Hiei-chan right now. Rather have the other subs than the build only Kizunas anyhow.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
SP4 is not auto friendly. Enemy has some super huge mass production ship that occupy 1/3 of the screen. If you auto then your vanguard will just smash into them losing hp rapidly.

Also SP3 doesn't give points.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
SP4 is not auto friendly. Enemy has some super huge mass production ship that occupy 1/3 of the screen. If you auto then your vanguard will just smash into them losing hp rapidly.
It's not good for auto leveling, but it is autoable. Been autoing it fine with Phoenix + Downes + Akashi + Amagi. Granted they're all level 110 save for Downes at 109. I'll figure out if I can go more oil efficient once I get the threat down. As it stands they certainly do crash and burn a lot of HP, but between regular Akashi heals, and their self heal, they've never once kicked the bucket. Haven't even had to use the emergency repairs from Akashi.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 1/10th of the way through the Belchan grind. Just gotta repeat that for nine more days and she's taken care of. No problem. If not for the collab event also demanding oil. That makes it something of a problem.

I hope when they fix the third stage they make it so collab stages give Belchan points...

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The music is definitely making the grind more bearable. I was surprised when the vocals kicked in during SP2.

I did some builds. I got two of the Kizuna SR ships, and the one I didn't I can get via the exchange. I also got loli Zep and Akagi, so one more to go! Hopefully my daily builds will give me her...

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Today's 3-build gave Hiei-chan, so that's a wrap for the limited special builds. Guess I'll have to make up my mind tomorrow on whether I'll continue on special for subs, or do some builds from the event pool.

Probably do some experimenting with SP4 now that I have it in clear mode.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Bel event is extended to June 5th.

Edit wtf now the event is changed again to end at May 15. However they will increase the drop rate by 50% starting May 5th.

And a mysterious ship is coming.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Literally first build in Kizuna AI pool: 1:55 timer. Elegant Kizuna AI. AKA the one from the shop with the 0.5% build chance. I'm not sure if this was good luck to hit such a small probability and save resources or bad luck to end up with a ship I could have gotten anyways.

And... if it was good luck... where the hell was this luck when I was rolling for Meltryllis?!

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Bel event is extended to June 5th.

Edit wtf now the event is changed again to end at May 15. However they will increase the drop rate by 50% starting May 5th.

And a mysterious ship is coming.
This is the one thing I like about YoStar, they actually listen to feedback and adjust things. So even when they screw something up, it doesn't feel like a lost cause. I mean, ideally there'd be no screw ups in the first place, but I'll take what I can get.

Wonder who the mystery ship is.

Literally first build in Kizuna AI pool: 1:55 timer. Elegant Kizuna AI. AKA the one from the shop with the 0.5% build chance. I'm not sure if this was good luck to hit such a small probability and save resources or bad luck to end up with a ship I could have gotten anyways.

And... if it was good luck... where the hell was this luck when I was rolling for Meltryllis?!
Bad luck IMO. I mean, she's as good as a gold bulin, so it's not really bad, but compared to getting the other ones, it's not ideal. Farming enough points to get everything worthwhile from the event shop shouldn't be too difficult, so you'll probably get her from there regardless. Especially now that we can focus on the event completely and put off the Bel-chan grind until after the 5th. (You'll still be getting points in the mean time just from SOS sub missions.)

Edit:
Having messed around with SP4 in clearing mode, it's quite possible to do the 5 battles to spawn the boss with a 1:1 fleet on auto. In quick testing it seems CAs work decently for the vanguard since they're a bit slower they don't ram shit quite as often, and the medium armor and higher HP allows them to tank it out while the backline does the clearing. A good BB/BC with a strong reliable barrage will be desired for the backline.

I originally tried Amagi + Minneapolis (both 110 with BIS gear) and that wrecked stuff so quickly that by the end of 5 battles neither ship was under 75% health on average. Switched Minneapolis for Takao who's only level 101, and it still worked fine. Tried trading Amagi for Kaga BB (100) after that, but the combination of lower level Takao + lower barrage capability of Kaga + no Amagi damage reduction meant Takao couldn't always make it through 5 battles (always targeting the elite units where possible). So while possible to use the 1:1 clear fleet for leveling, you'll probably want something like a maxed out Minneapolis to level a weaker backline ship, and something like a maxed out Amagi to level a vanguard ship. Trying to level both ships will be a crapshoot if relying on auto.

Boss wise I haven't tried to optimize beyond a 2:2 fleet (Nagato, Shouhou, Yukikaze, Mogami), but that's mostly because I'm leveling everything but Shouhou and not caring about the boss oil cost much.

Last edited:

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
I had to resort to using a 2:1 fleet to farm sp4. My 110 Portland takes too much damage if I try to 1:1 not cause of enemy fire but because she keeps getting stuck in those terrible slow ships that take up half the screen. I was using Washington as flagship though.

On another note people are saying in the official discord that the mysterious ship is probably Bismark.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I had to resort to using a 2:1 fleet to farm sp4. My 110 Portland takes too much damage if I try to 1:1 not cause of enemy fire but because she keeps getting stuck in those terrible slow ships that take up half the screen. I was using Washington as flagship though.

On another note people are saying in the official discord that the mysterious ship is probably Bismark.
Haven't tried Washington as a backliner for clearing, but it's probably just that Amagi is the ideal backliner for clearing this event. The battles are on the short side with a few annoyingly large targets, so the more front loaded you are, the better. Washington is a BB that shines more with longer battles as her barrage is decoupled from the main guns and she uses a main gun with a longer reload. Amagi's barrage is a fairly heavy center screen wipe (where you're most likely to crash) that happens with her main gun firing, and she uses a quick reload main gun.

I use the Twin 381 Advanced main gun on Amagi which gives her a 16.46 second reload vs the 21.57 seconds on my Washington using a triple 406 main gun, and the first shot happens at the 14 second mark thanks to the fire control radar on her. So assuming I get a proc, I've pretty much wiped the big ships off the map before Washington would even begin firing.

Hood would probably do decently as well since she's similar to Amagi with the rapid barrage tied to the main guns. Probably not quite as well though as she doesn't have the enemy debuff.

As for Bismarck, I still find it hard to believe unless they've changed her rarity. We haven't gotten any of the SR retrofits, so getting our first UR that way would be odd. Anything can happen, but I still think that's unlikely.

Edit: I should mention that even with Amagi, it sometimes can be tight with Takao. Like under 20% HP after battle 5 tight. Depends on Amagi's barrage luck, how much Takao crashes into ships and which elites you get stacked against. So while it can be done with a "low level" CA, it's not necessarily a walk in the park.

Edit 2: Lost Takao once in the 5th battle now with Amagi. So not even a guarantee, but statistically running a 90%+ 5 battle clear rate.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Is it just me that never really have oil issue? I always go with a 1:3 fleet even though I know Phoenix can solo it.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
How oil frugal you need to be with oil in an event depends on how long you normally play each day, what your average fleet composition is, and whether you allow overruns on the canteen. If you don't play enough normally to burn your oil, or otherwise use it for dorm food, then you can amass large oil stockpiles by doing missions. Personally, on a non-event basis I'm not super frugal with oil, and I make sure my canteen never overflows. As such I never have much above my soft cap (11k currently), and when a new event rolls around I tend to buckle down on oil use.

That said, I have a month's worth of subscription oil in the mail, and a few thousand left to be redeemed from the last event, so I'm not particularly starved. It's just that by being more oil efficient I can farm more per day without worry, and it makes clearing out the entire event shop easier.

On a somewhat related note, I did the <8 fielded star condition for the Black-SP stage today, so now that's 3-starred. Not that there's any reward for doing so, but I figured I'd do it just in case it ends up being one of the ??? pocket diary conditions. Fielded Unicorn, Hood, QE, and Belfast for bossing and Amagi, Shouhou, and Minneapolis for clearing. All level 110, and manual control. I don't think it's possible to auto that star condition, but manual went smoothly enough. Will probably revert to full fleets from here on out so I can just auto it.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty much the only gacha game i play now a days so while i'm not exactly starving for oil though some times i do find myself depleting the reserves during events. I play on an emulator too so i pretty much do all my grinding in the background. lol

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I play on an emulator too so i pretty much do all my grinding in the background. lol
Yeah, I'm on emulator 90% of the time as well. Start battle -> do something else -> check back a couple minutes later -> start another battle. Can blow a lot of oil when you don't have to care about device battery levels etc.

Great part is YoStar outright acknowledges people use emulators, and doesn't treat it like an evil.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok getting wrecked on the boss on black sp pitch black ai.

That dna swirl attack is really hard to dodge and does a lot of damage.

This really is the first time I've an non hard class event stage been this hard? Are they increasing the difficulty of the game across the board?

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I just auto with my standard boss team who is just lv106.

Amagi Ranger shouhou Laffey Portland Helena

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
This really is the first time I've an non hard class event stage been this hard? Are they increasing the difficulty of the game across the board?
Yes. Events designed recently are generally harder than events that originated back in the earlier days of the game. The level cap has grown from 100 to 120 (110 for us right now). PR ships were introduced (not for us yet). SR to UR rarity retrofits (once again, not for us yet). There's been a general MMO-ish power creep over time, so if events never got any harder, people that have been around for a long time with super powerful fleets would dance through them with 1:1 fleets and zero challenge.

This event is a bit different from other events in that it doesn't have normal and hard stages. It just has a linear ramp from low to higher level enemies from SP1 to SP5. In return for having less stages, each one of them is designed quite a bit more than the average event - lots of new mechanics and such. There's no need to complete all the stages though. People can just grind any of them that they're capable of doing and get enough points by the end of the event to buy pretty much everything essential from the event shop. AL is fair in that it gives people that have been around a bit of a challenge in events, but allows even newcomers to reap the event rewards. Might take a bit more effort for the newer / less leveled folk, but it's still doable. Completion of all stages is only needed for the cosmetic room trophy.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should finally start doing research on ship types and gun types lol.

At least enough to make me some decent auto squads

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I just remembered PR ship is coming this week so I should have stockpile my oil instead.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
What research ships are actually worth the investment from a gameplay perspective? I'd hate to put all that time into it and still fall back to the usual Akagi/Kaga/Ning/Ping/ setups.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
What research ships are actually worth the investment from a gameplay perspective? I'd hate to put all that time into it and still fall back to the usual Akagi/Kaga/Ning/Ping/ setups.

Chances are you don't *need* any of them since the game isn't hard. But I think Monarch and Roon is top tier among the 6.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think out of all of them Monarch would be who I would go after first, so that works out.

Also, I just now realized the Little Bel event info on the app banner, this just seems so poorly planned out overlapping with the Ai event.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I think out of all of them Monarch would be who I would go after first, so that works out.

Also, I just now realized the Little Bel event info on the app banner, this just seems so poorly planned out overlapping with the Ai event.

They went ahead and gave us Little Bel because PR was delayed I think, so while it's kinda tough grindwise it was at least their attempt to make right from a delayed feature.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
One of the Kizuna Ai equipment skins is a "Fakkyu" banner. That's awesome.

BTW, I grabbed the chip item on SP4 and it said it unlocked some stories or whatever, but I don't know where I can read them. Honestly I hate how everything is hidden behind event banners and such, so much licking through the make sure I don't miss anything. :(

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I managed to get all the gacha ships, just focusing on getting Little Bel and Elegant Kizuna Ai now. I'm so excited for getting Zeppy up to level, and to finally have a 3rd KMS for my backline!

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I managed to get all the gacha ships, just focusing on getting Little Bel and Elegant Kizuna Ai now. I'm so excited for getting Zeppy up to level, and to finally have a 3rd KMS for my backline!

In case you didn't notice, they will increase the drop rate by 50% for Belchan on 5/5 so focus on Kizuna first.

And, the ugly sisters are usable KMS backline.... I level one to 100 anyways.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Got Hiel and Akagin in the daily 3x build. I hope Zeppy will come home soon.

Still wondering how much point I should aim for. Looking at the list:

Must get:
CA 8000
Equipment 6000
Furniture 2400
PR Blueprint 15000
Oil 2250

Good to have
Box 4800
Chip 1500

Optional
Plate 4500
Coin 2500
Cola 1500

So that's 33650 / 39950 for the must get and good to have. I am on track to 34900 points now so I guess I can slow down.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
You've been grinding those SP maps quite a bit if you're already at 35k. I'm at 16k currently and feeling no rush. There's another 10k of non-grind points by the end of the event, and a couple of weeks left to grind. The Bel-chan grind shouldn't take that much out of it. Already a quarter through that grind just by doing sub missions. With the 50% boost, I might not even need to grind her outside of sub missions.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
Does any one know what the reward was for the smol ship event? It gave me some thing but I can't find it any where in my storage.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Got Super Gamer Kizuna AI from a daily build. Now I just need to get Anniversary Kizuna Ai and I'll be done with the event builds. And get the "Fakkyu" equipment skin. So far it is stubbornly refusing to pop out of the boxes.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Got Super Gamer Kizuna AI from a daily build. Now I just need to get Anniversary Kizuna Ai and I'll be done with the event builds. And get the "Fakkyu" equipment skin. So far it is stubbornly refusing to pop out of the boxes.
You technically don't even need to buy boxes. The skins drop while grinding the SP maps. I have the "Kawaii" "Fakkyu" and "Hai Domo" shell skins without buying a single box.

Status
Not open for further replies.