• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's more like $5 for a blueprint plus random stuff worth more than $5 equivalent in gems.

$5 in gems = 330 gems
$5 in that pack = 100 gems + 100 gems in coins + 160 gems in cubes + 54 gems in quick finishers = 414 gem equivalent + blueprint.

Quick finishers are pretty much useless, but everything else can be useful, so it's not really any more of a rip off than the $5 gem pack. It's certainly not something I'd buy every day for that period, but to each their own.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Just missing Gamer Kizuna and Zeppy from construction, should be able to get Bel and Elegant Kizuna no problem.

Also I think I give up on clearing Black-SP

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got Anniversary, on track to exchange for Elegant, just need Gamer.

Bel ain't happening I don't think. Edit: saw the post about the rate up and date extension. Might try for it then. At least I can grind for world 8 ship drops I still don't have.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
With the extension and increased rewards coming, Bel-chan should happen with minimal grind if you've been doing SOS missions. I'm 30% through the grind right now without doing a single non-SOS regular map. Extrapolating the same rate through the rest of the event and I'd be at ~85% completion. Factor in 50% more points after the 5th and the freebie points, and I'm over 100% without ever touching a regular map. Granted SOS mission chances are a bit RNG, but even with bad luck it should only require a little bit of doing normal maps to get her.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it will bite me in the butt at some point but I have hardly touched the SOS/sub stuff at all after the tutorial.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
Same here, i unlocked them all the way up to world 10 but man, doing them feels like such a hassle.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I sometimes run SOS mission but given that there doesn't seem to be much of a point to subs it usually feels like a waste of oil.

I've managed to clear all enemies in Black-SP, but when it comes to clearing it with 8 or fewer ships... My clearing fleet made it through, but my boss fleet lost it's frontliner and failed. I was trying it with two 3:1 fleets, but now I'm thinking I might have to try a 1:1 fleet for clearing and bring a full fleet for the boss. I don't grind all that much, so I haven't done much experimenting with less-than-full fleets before.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
You don't have to. Simply go with your normal fleets, then retreat your trash fleet before entering the boss. This fulfill the less than 8 condition.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
It only counts what you have deployed when finishing?! That seems like a major oversight on their part.

I should take advantage of that while I can.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they'll patch it out. That and there's nothing to be gained from getting that star anyhow (as it stands at least).

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going for Monarch first then probably Saint Louis.

Any one know what research commission I should be prioritizing?

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going after Neptune first because that means I can still put Belfast in my front line. As for the commissions, I am currently prioritizing the ones that don't cost anything to run. I'm constantly low on gold these days and I'm not sacrificing cubes when I still haven't gotten all of the event ships.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Monarch will be my first as HMS has always been my primary fleet, and another good clearing BB is always extremely useful. I have a ton of HMS BB/BCs that I can slap into the backlines of any formation and make it work for grinding the 3 million exp. Neptune will probably be second as there's also a lot of good HMS CLs I can use, and CLs are generally more useful than CAs until we get the level cap raised to 120.

After that I'll likely target Roon since I should have the vanguard KMS ships up to a usable level to exp grind by then, and we'll probably have level 120 unlocked as well. Then Ibuki because heterochromia FTW, and she should work well with Mogami for manual play. Then it'll either be Saint Louis or Izumo. Saint Louis is technically better (one of the best PR ships actually), but I can't bring myself to care much about the French ships until they actually have enough ships to make a full fleet.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
The research system looks like another huge gold and cube sink. I just pick Monarch because backline ships are always in short supply. Probably Ibuki later since I want to level up Sendai.

On the other news got Zeppy~ I am done with all event ships

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Gold and cube? At least those costs are fairly modest - you'd have the required amounts sitting around ready to spend if you wanted to. Try this:

VvLafjf.png

Who the hell would have 45 of those laying around? Unless you've done massive boosting of your storage, you'll never have that many unused parts sitting around at once; that's a huge chunk of your inventory on a single part. I mean, I have hundreds of T3 boxes I could open to reach that total, but I'd have to clear enough space to even get that high and then nuke hundreds of other parts as they roll in on the box openings. All for a single guaranteed blueprint.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, hey, 500 Manjuu and 2000 oil just came in the mail. Guess I'll get to 4k Manjuu today, since they insist...

And in the run I made thinking that, I got Maya to drop from 8-4. Now I have to decide whether to stay there since it's an easy clear or start farming a different, potentially harder and more expensive spot.

I'll farm for Inazuma and Ikazuchi.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So there are fewer KMS ships, but it takes more point to level up their Tech tree... Really

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Oh, hey, 500 Manjuu and 2000 oil just came in the mail. Guess I'll get to 4k Manjuu today, since they insist...

And in the run I made thinking that, I got Maya to drop from 8-4. Now I have to decide whether to stay there since it's an easy clear or start farming a different, potentially harder and more expensive spot.

I'll farm for Inazuma and Ikazuchi.
Yea, either farm the ship you are missing or go 7-2 or 8-4 to help with gold.
Gold and cube? At least those costs are fairly modest - you'd have the required amounts sitting around ready to spend if you wanted to. Try this:

VvLafjf.png

Who the hell would have 45 of those laying around? Unless you've done massive boosting of your storage, you'll never have that many unused parts sitting around at once; that's a huge chunk of your inventory on a single part. I mean, I have hundreds of T3 boxes I could open to reach that total, but I'd have to clear enough space to even get that high and then nuke hundreds of other parts as they roll in on the box openings. All for a single guaranteed blueprint.
I thought it is 45 blue print and you get more than one in return.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
The 30 minutes gold project that cost 5 wisdom cube and 5000 gold gave me like 9 ship blueprints. Great deal.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it is 45 blue print and you get more than one in return.
Checks stock level vs blueprint level. Yep, blueprints it is. Just figured it was the item without clicking on it. I guess that's quite a bit more doable. Certainly not something you could do every day, but it is possible to amass that many while grinding for other things. I don't have many of that particular one, but looking at the wiki, I do have enough for one or more of every one of the other ones that can be used.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok.... what's the tldr on this research system haha. Seems way too much of an investment for my casual play of this game :P

also, dumb question, but is there an easy way to reach the 'events' tab from the home screen? I feel like an idiot... been looking in the carousel on the right... surely there is just a button somewhere i'm Missing.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
tl;dr is it's an end-game system and you don't have to worry too much about finishing it asap

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got another event ship, Zeppy. Just Akagi to go. Kizuna builds I have no luck with.

Also lol at this exp requirement for Monarch. I really don't run HMS ships too much, maybe I should have gone with a Sakura one.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got another event ship, Zeppy. Just Akagi to go. Kizuna builds I have no luck with.

Also lol at this exp requirement for Monarch. I really don't run HMS ships too much, maybe I should have gone with a Sakura one.
I haven't had any luck with 3/day Kizuna builds either. Now with the PR ships here I'm just going to give up on her. There's better uses for the cubes and coin that I'm blowing on those builds. Think I'll dismantle the DD and CA versions for medals to free up dock space and call it a day. Might as well dismantle all the Neptunia ships while I'm at it. Realistically speaking I've never used any of the collab ships, and I never will, so I'm not sure why I even bothered rolling for them in the first place. All they do is sit in the dock wasting space as trophy ships while slowly leveling from commissions. Pokemon mentality of getting them all or something I guess.

As for the exp requirement, all PR ships have a 3 million exp requirement to build. Honestly that's the easy part. Making the ships isn't hard; strengthening the ships to a usable state is. Talking ~340 blueprints to max the strength, and another ~160 for Fate, so ~500 blueprints to max them out.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I figured we were getting relatively close to the end of the Kizuna event so I made a couple more 10-pulls. Finally got Anniversary, so that's all the event ships for me.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
Level 70 LB0 ships still count towards the 2 mill exp grind towards a ship, right? Even though the LB0 ship doesn't show any exp gains?

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
I believe so

Youtube recommended this to me today

Japanese vtuber singing patriotic North Korean pop set to Chinese memes. What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Level 70 LB0 ships still count towards the 2 mill exp grind towards a ship, right? Even though the LB0 ship doesn't show any exp gains?
Probably, but honestly you're better off leveling ships that'd gain experience. Even overflow exp at 110 is more useful than getting a ship nowhere at 0LB 70. Trying to do the exp grind as quickly and efficiently as possible is a fools errand IMO. Getting the ship is only a fraction of the battle. Those getting the ship in the bare minimum amount of time aren't going to have a usable ship any faster since they're still going to be time gated by the need for ~340 blueprints. It's going to be a long time before anybody has that many blueprints to dole out to any given ship.

So yeah, you're better off aiming for progression, even if that means you won't have the exp grind done for 3 more weeks instead of 3 days. People racing the clock to build the PR ships either don't understand how much time those ships will sit useless in the dock, or they're obsessing over their collection % ranking. That or they just really want them as a secretary ship ASAP.

Oct 26, 2017
Literally the grind to end all grinds. I'm just trying to level up a few lower level Sakura ships to mlb them for their tech points and Manjuu (barely started before now due to waiting for PR). I can't imagine doing this if all you were doing it for was to level something and not during a grind event or you were missing a bunch of drop ships. No way am I doing this for more than Ibuki and Neptune.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I am in a serious lack of purple bulin thanks to the tech point system.

The grind isn't that bad if you don't look at the progression. I am already 22% done of the 2 million EXP. It is a good chance to level up some of neglected ship like PoW and Warspite.

Not sure if I want Roon or Ibuki next. Maybe Ibuki since I want to level up Sendai for PvP and Izuzu for chapter 12. The next event (May 23 or perhaps 24) is the Bismarck event (some ship in the Denmark strait - so obvious), so perhaps they are adding some good KMS CL/CA as well. Unless they somehow withhold the event for EN which is doubtful.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I miss the music from around new years.

Bel done, got all the other chibis. Just missing one of the Ais and it is the one I like the least, and some furniture. Not sure yet how hard I want to try and get it.

Also I've completed all the research for Monarch except the silly EXP requirements.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
The new research is really a huge gold sink. I am doing only 7-2 now which isn't very efficient for EXP - only 82% (of the 2 million). On the other hand I am almost back to 800 cubes.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
The equipment skins are the gold sink for me. I've been running event maps almost exclusively (since I got Little Bel) and buying the equipment skin boxes pretty much every refresh and I still don't have the "Guilty" or, more importantly, "Fakkyu" skins. I don't think I'm going to get them.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know there was a "guilty" one, but I've gotten 4 "fakkyu" ones just farming the event. That's without even running the event maps for the past handful of days since I decided I don't care about getting CA Kizuna from the shop, and I have enough for everything else. RNG going to RNG I guess. Pity you can't just give this stuff away, as I don't use gear skins.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Ha... thee UI update is delayed. I was expecting a full day maintenance with apologem.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I might buy the Kizuna Ai TV + stage furniture. She needs something more to go with her theme (which I love, BTW, it's so clean-looking).

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I'd be free of the Kizuna Ai main screen theme once the event ended, but nope! The song is fine enough, but hearing it this long while attempting to do stuff has become beyond annoying. I might have to disable sounds after all, or at least mute my phone for a bit.

Sorry Kizuna Ai.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they must have forgot to pull the music with the end of the event. That said, if you didn't say anything I would never have noticed. I have the game muted nearly all the time since it's actively running in another window more often than not.

And speaking of events, I fear for the next one. I mean, I have a decent stock of cubes, but damn I feel perpetually broke with coin now. Research has been chewing so much up that I've put off retrofits and upgrading new gear to balance the budget lol. Can't even burn oil for coin with commissions since I need that oil to research the PR ships. The next couple months are going to be painful for me while I try to balance research, PR ship development, and whatever events they throw at us. Should get easier after that with all the PR ships made since I won't have to care about optimizing fleet composition for exp anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.