• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I heard that there was a music bug right after the update - something like the bgm being the sound of shots being fired - so they put AI's music back as a quick fix.

Oct 26, 2017
Got done with my first million for Ibuki, it's a good thing I haven't had too much luck with Yuudachi or Maya or else I'd have given up already. Tried going into Chapter 9 with my farming group and bosses just rip through them.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished the Monarch grind. Finally I can kick Repulse and Renown out of my fleet.

On to Ibuki!

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
f5ce30308ca4e1d26aafa1e349ab954b.jpg

May 23-June 13, save your gold people! Looks like in addition to Bismarck there are and King George V and three new U Boat.

Also retrofit to Leipzig and Z1.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Not sure if EN will get this, but CN (and presumably JP) will get a "Choose your rate up event". Probably best use in light pool.

1. Select a regular pool (Light / Heavy / Special)
2. Pick two ships available in that pool.
3. They will receive a corresponding rate up based on rarity (SSR = 2% SR and R = 2.5%).

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
New UI is going to need many tweaks in the future. Low contrast on the mail, improper word wrap on dialog, wrong words (ie: "completed" instead of "start").

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Maybe it is just me but I hate the new UI.

- font is small and is weirdly narrow
- text does not have a good enough contrast against the background
- every click has a 1 second lag
- useless fade in effect when changing ship
- lots of dead space with small icons and buttons

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
It's not just you. I hated the new UI from the moment I saw it in the previews. I'm hoping it will grow on me as I get used to it.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
I got the infinite loading bug at the research screen, this UI update is such as POS

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
So I have returned and was quickly guilt tripped

D7GMXZMXkAIIVKk.jpg

but then I got my most wanted retrofit so everything is fine now

D7GMYXIX4AA2pW2.jpg

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if the medals are glitched, or they're not tracking stuff before the update intentionally. I can only assume glitched, since some count past history while others don't. I should be maxed out on the daily mission and SR map collection one (or damn close to it). The SR one is particularly annoying since penalizes everybody that already did the grind for said ships and otherwise has no incentive to go back and do them again (who wants to go back to the fox mines? lol). Likewise the nation ones are calculating affinity, but aren't counting ship exp. I'd be well over the 2m mark for every nation if the game even did a basic back-calculation of how much exp it would take to get my current ships to the levels they are... Hell, even one ship from each nation lol. Not that the exp matters since they'll be 2m+ by the time level 120 hits, but still.

Last edited:

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I'm especially annoyed at the SR medals, as the day before the update went live I got Yuudachi finally. I'm hoping they do something to retroactively address it but I doubt it at this point.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So I have returned and was quickly guilt tripped

D7GMXZMXkAIIVKk.jpg

but then I got my most wanted retrofit so everything is fine now

D7GMYXIX4AA2pW2.jpg

If you go to the event page you can find a returning player event. Which you can enter a UID of a friend to give him/er some reward. Here is mine if you haven't use someone else: 67118781

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I'm especially annoyed at the SR medals, as the day before the update went live I got Yuudachi finally. I'm hoping they do something to retroactively address it but I doubt it at this point.
Yeah, I already have all the farmable SRs, and the only way I'll be getting more is via dumb luck on certain sub missions, or new events. It's just cosmetic, but c'mon now, at least give one credit for each drop-only SR ship unlocked in the collection. That's easy enough to verify even if they weren't recording how many times you've gotten each ship up to this point.

Also, just a FYI to everybody, but you can still retract the 2x2 strategy panel grid on the right hand side. The new UI doesn't make it obvious, but clicking on the very left of it will retract it back into place so you can navigate without it getting in the way as much. Wonder how many months it's going to take for them to fix all the issues this UI revamp brought. For every QoL improvement, there's another one or two things it broke.

Edit: Also, finally get a major UI update, but still not able to view L2D skins in L2D form in the ship details screen. Something very strange about only being able to view L2D as a secretary ship on the main screen or in the freaking archive section of all places.

Last edited:

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Adding "Enhance" to the "Please Sort or Expand your Dock" dialog is the best thing ever. As is the "Fill" button on the enhance page (though I wish it treated carriers better).

Also I finally popped something in the Hard Training missions which opened up the Exam ones which almost all were already cleared, so I have 19000 oil now and no event to spend it on :P

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I still prefer to manually allocate who I'm sacrificing for enhancement. Allows me to be more strategic on where the points go. The feature would have been useful back in the day when I had a ton of ships that needed everything, but now the vast majority of my ships are either maxed out for their level or close to it, and the ones that are most flexible with what they need are always out on commission.

As for oil, I'm also over cap since I had to exchange the Kizuna event oil or lose it. Not that using oil is hard when you're exp farming anyhow.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So the JP version of the event requires lv110 ships. I hope this is not true in EN since I only have 3 or 4 vanguard at 110.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they'll make an EN event require 110 for completion. That said, I could see an EX map requiring that level since EX is optional, and obviously higher levels help for auto-farming. I have pretty much all my top tier essential ships at 110 though (27 and counting), so it wouldn't really make a difference to me either way.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just got the first 1M for Monarch, and finally got Inazuma to drop after grinding the whole Little Bel event and then some on 8-1. Progress.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So Tirpitz won't be the lonely queen afterall. Bismarck seems like an interesting ship with the secondary gun skill.

Bismarck skill:
First salvo of main gun always crit. When equip with CL secondary increase range to 90 but decrease damage by 35%.
70% barrage on main gun firing, increase German CV damage by 40%
Increase all German ship crit rate by 20%, reload by 12%, increase Tirpitz damage by 40%

KGV has a fixed 24s barrage that is improved if you equip her with the otherwise useless quad 356mm.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
20 builds and got all the purple ships, which is a new to me sine I always get them last.

No Bismarck in sight unfortunately. Belfast and Takao came for 20 medals.

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Made... I think 50 builds. Z36, U-73, 3x Echo, and Sussex (new to me) were the notable new arrivals. I also got 2x Hood, Takao, and probably a San Diego, all of whom were exchanged for medals.

I still haven't gotten Atago, so I'll probably be using the Wishing Well to increase my chances of getting her. I just need to decide who else to rate-up; the only other eligible ship I don't have is St. Louis - pity they don't share a pool.

EDIT: Scrounged up enough gold for another 10-build. Got a second U-73, a fourth Echo, and Bismark. So now I'm just missing U-556.

Last edited:

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Built all the build-only ships in 50 builds, so I'll be on wish builds for Aurora for the rest of the event since she's the only ship from the time cut off that I don't have. Slamming everybody into the dorms immediately since there's a bonus for MLBing every event ship during the event.

Hard is starting with enemy levels in the high 60s, so that 110 to complete (on hard) might end up being true for us.

Edit2: Only up to high 70s at C3 (80 boss), so unless there's a massive spike between C and D, scratch that. Doubtful you'll even need anything beyond 100.

Do you have the new Monitor (forgot name) in the heavy pool?
Wouldn't be available for wishing if that's what your goal is. There's a cut off date that excludes a lot of the new additions.
Edit: But it's Abercrombie

Last edited:

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Decided to give this game another try and I am legit surprised that this game is even allowed on era. I knew there were lolis... but I didn't expect to be bombarded by this pedo-palooza...

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Got Echo, 2xChuuni-ship on first build. Might do 10 more today...

...556 and a Sussex second round.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did about 20 builds (2x 10 pulls? Still kinda new so I'll use the Grand Order term). Standouts were U-556, Queen Elizabeth, Renown, Hood AND...

D7RnNf3W4AIdcJ0.jpg:large

Listening to that Sabaton song worked. Wish I had this luck in Grand Order.

Last edited:

elty

Oct 31, 2017
So the only ship I am missing is Atago. Since she will probably be available as a free gift at 1 year anniversary I guess I will not do the wishing well at all.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Wish I had this luck in Grand Order.
Yeah, well FGO has shit rates, so just about any pull in AL seems godly in comparison. Yostar wants your money for skins instead of builds.

Also, Renown isn't anything special. Hood is great, and QE is a major part of any HMS fleet though. U556 and U73 should theoretically compliment U81 in a sub fleet since they all have the wolf pack skill.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I'd been planning on using the Wishing Well on Atago both because I wanted her and because I thought I might be able to get other, newer members of the Special pool even though they weren't on rate-up.

A closer reading of the details indicated that only ships that can be selected for rate-up will be in the pool. In frustration, I made a 10-build in the Special pool. Still no Atago, but I got U-81.

I think I'll use the Wishing Well on St. Louis, after all. The Light pool is cheaper and will do less to slow the regeneration of my coin and cube stockpiles. And besides, if all else fails, Atago should be available as a freebie during our first anniversary. I'm not sure St. Louis will ever be available as a selection like that.

Oct 26, 2017
I like the idea of portrait borders being added to these events, but you basically get screwed over on them unless you have a large stockpile of Bullins or stupid luck. Getting universals is easy enough, same as getting doubles of rares. But if you go into an event with no prototypes and don't have the luck of the gods to get a bunch of SSR doubles, you have no chance of getting the border.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
I like the idea of portrait borders being added to these events, but you basically get screwed over on them unless you have a large stockpile of Bullins or stupid luck. Getting universals is easy enough, same as getting doubles of rares. But if you go into an event with no prototypes and don't have the luck of the gods to get a bunch of SSR doubles, you have no chance of getting the border.
It's *definitely* a matter of luck on when you get the ships simply due to the experience required to MLB. If you didn't manage to build one until the last day, you'd be in quite a pinch regardless of what you had bulin wise. The bulins themselves will be an obstacle for newer players, but shouldn't be much of an issue for long term ones since the merit shop sells them.

I, for example, have over 225k merits sitting around right now. That's 15 gold bulins worth of merits that I could use nearly every day to buy one (depending on refresh luck). This event only needs 8 gold bulins with no dupes; 4-5 of which would come through the weekly missions / monthly rewards. Add in merits obtained over the event paying for 2 more on average and you're down to 1-2 that you'd need to either get by exchange or past merits. That's a cakewalk for those that have been playing regularly for some time. The rate you can earn the gold bulins simply exceeds the rate at which new (S)SRs are added to the game.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Renown isn't anything special. Hood is great, and QE is a major part of any HMS fleet though. U556 and U73 should theoretically compliment U81 in a sub fleet since they all have the wolf pack skill.

Thanks for that. I'm still learning who all is "good".

I had played a little bit a while back and got Prinz Eugen from some 7 day login thing. I've been using her, Indy, and Portland up front through the story.

Zalusithix

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for that. I'm still learning who all is "good".

I had played a little bit a while back and got Prinz Eugen from some 7 day login thing. I've been using her, Indy, and Portland up front through the story.

You can use pretty much anybody you want until you start hitting the double digit chapters. At that point shit gets real so to speak, and the frontline becomes more about surviving than anything. That said, your CA heavy fleet is going to become less ideal as you go on as CAs don't really hit their stride until after level 100; they're slow and have horrible dodge. Portland's retrofit mitigates this weakness somewhat though, and Eugen has so much HP that she can face-tank to an extent. Still, like I said, you can use pretty much anybody early on.

One thing to be cognizant about in AL is that higher rarity doesn't guarantee better. There's Super Rares that are mediocre, and greys (post retro) and blues that are beasts. Lower rarity ships also cost less oil, even post retrofit, so they're more efficient for grinding with.

For farmable ships that I'd recommend investing in sooner than later:
Vanguard:
  • Phoenix - She'll practically carry you through 90% of the game by herself as a vanguard unit. Essential clear fleet unit.
  • Cassin/Downes - They're the DD equivalent of Phoenix. Not as hardy, but cheaper to field, and can be used in a hard map where CLs aren't an option.
  • Helena - Set her in a boss fleet, and watch it drop once radar scan procs.
  • Leander (retrofit) - Boosts cruisers in the vanguard, is oil cheap, very effective, and plays well with an HMS fleet.
  • The starter DDs (Laffey, Z23, Javelin, Ayanami) - They're all good, and great post retro.

Backline:
  • Shouhou & Unicorn: Healing carriers. Indispensable units. I'd go so far as to say they're probably the most essential ships in the game just for the headaches they can save you.
  • Akashi: Not "farmable" in the traditional sense, but you can get her through her quest line after clicking on her enough. Much like the carriers, she can make life much easier for clearing fleets with additional ammo and fleet wide heals.
  • Queen Elizabeth: She's meh by herself, but acts as a force multiplier for a HMS fleet, and a HMS fleet is a proven fallback for pretty much all content.
  • Saratoga: Post retrofit is undoubtedly the best farmable PvE CV, and one of the best CVs even among the build only and event options.
  • Ark Royal: More situational than Saratoga, but her slow combined with homing torp planes can take down certain bosses extremely quickly.
I purposely left out Akagi & Kaga because they're a more PvP focused, and getting them both can take ages depending on your luck since they're boss drop only.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There's a "!" present by the HQ text on my home screen and I seriously cannot discover why. I've triple-checked all of the areas in my HQ and they offer me nothing. It's driving me crazy.

elty

Oct 31, 2017
Also, this event has a special mission that requires you to max limit break all event ships for a furniture piece. This is going to cost you A LOT of bulin and you also need to get them all to 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.