• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just went to the Steam page and it says that it will unlock in approximately 15 hours. No clue if the Switch version will unlock earlier, the same time, or later.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what platform I'm getting yet but I hope Steam isn't the launch time for everything since that's the 14th for me.

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
The game releases in 6 hours and 8 minutes on eShop, according to official Twitter account.

gjatddi.png

Last edited:

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Man this looks so clever. Love puzzle games, I need a new one, but my recent faves are Talos Principle, Fez, and Witness... wonder what else Ive missed since Witness.
If you like puzzle-y games with crazy solutions and big picture revelations, you have to play La-Mulana 1 and 2.

And as others have said, Stephen's Sausage Roll is a must play too.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
La-Mulana? Aren't those rogue-likes?

Not at all, they're a fixed adventure! IMagine a metroidvania but with a lot of focus on obscure puzzles! They're freaking huge and everything in it is important, you need to pay atention to everything! It's one of my favourite game of all time and my favourite metroidvania, you should definitely try it! Although i'm not sure i would recommend it to someone who only like games like the witness and so on

here's one of the area in the game, there's 18 of them and they're all connected in various ways :

6182A54E95903783156AAD4B9DC03656BD484700

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Not at all, they're a fixed adventure! IMagine a metroidvania but with a lot of focus on obscure puzzles! They're freaking huge and everything in it is important, you need to pay atention to everything! It's one of my favourite game of all time and my favourite metroidvania, you should definitely try it! Although i'm not sure i would recommend it to someone who only like games like the witness and so on

here's one of the area in the game, there's 18 of them and they're all connected in various ways :

6182A54E95903783156AAD4B9DC03656BD484700

I didn't know that. I thought it was randomly generated like Spelunky. Doesn't help the tileset/art is weak.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Been looking forward to this for a long time. I was wondering if there would be an OT.

Baba seems to be developing quite the fan art following:

D1ZxX1jXcAEFaTS.jpg

D1WIToDXgAAXXck.png

D1ha_EZUcAAAHgl.png

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Any word on mobile versions? After being addicted to Snakebird for a while, I realized that my phone is by far the best platform for puzzle games such as this.

If not, I'll just get the Steam version.
Looks like it'll be on mobile eventually? This is the only mention of a mobile port I've come across, but it sounds like it's planned eventually. (Searching for info on a mobile port is complicated by the fact that an illegal clone of Baba Is You was briefly released on iOS last year.)

@AppUnwrapper: Ahhhhh I'm so tempted but I don't even have a good setup for recording on my PC. How long will the wait be for iOS?

@babaisyou_: Unfortunately we don't really know at this point; it might take a while because there's a whole bunch of stuff to handle after the release on the existing versions (i.e. translations and so on)

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing this for the past two weeks and I love it. It's incredible how deep the puzzle design goes by just playing around with the one core simple rule they set.

Kudos to Arvi, he created something really special

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like it'll be on mobile eventually? This is the only mention of a mobile port I've come across, but it sounds like it's planned eventually. (Searching for info on a mobile port is complicated by the fact that an illegal clone of Baba Is You was briefly released on iOS last year.)

@AppUnwrapper: Ahhhhh I'm so tempted but I don't even have a good setup for recording on my PC. How long will the wait be for iOS?

@babaisyou_: Unfortunately we don't really know at this point; it might take a while because there's a whole bunch of stuff to handle after the release on the existing versions (i.e. translations and so on)

Nice, I'll definitely wait a bit and see then.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Glowing impressions from Gamekult too. Expecting a very good score from them.The game seems quite long and challenging and many will get stuck at a certain point and possibly frustrated.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Nintendo really need to sort themselves out with eshop release dates.

Stop listing stuff as "playable from....." if it's not gonna be. Put a timer on or an "this game will unlock at ..... local time". Anything is better than the current set up where you don't know when things can be bought, downloaded or preloaded.

It has to suck for the devs too as I'm sure it's them that'll get most of the grief and it's out of their control.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Arvi Teikari is also one of the co-devs working on Noita, and that's shaping up to be one of the best roguelike platformers since Spelunky. So he might have two indie darlings out this year

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Will grab this later today <3 Looks like something that should definitely be supported and seems fun to play with your friends around as well.

Deleted member 3040

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited! Wasn't aware it finally had a release date. The dev's other games are fantastic and this just looks just as good.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I literally just found out about this game yesterday, and now I can't wait to play it. My wife's going to love it, too.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo really need to sort themselves out with eshop release dates.

Stop listing stuff as "playable from....." if it's not gonna be. Put a timer on or an "this game will unlock at ..... local time". Anything is better than the current set up where you don't know when things can be bought, downloaded or preloaded.

I agree that a countdown on the eShop would be great. But actually, one of the current recommendations on the NoE eShop (FF) is listed as "playable at midnight".

It has to suck for the devs too as I'm sure it's them that'll get most of the grief and it's out of their control.

AFAIK, it's the developer that sets the release time. If they don't actively set it, the game will default launch at the normal eShop refresh.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if you can go beyond "a is b" and do some undergrad level logic within the level

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
A friendly reminder that its creator, Arvi Teikari is donating a 10% of his personal income to GivingWhatWeCan.org, so every purchase of the game will serve to help people in need.

Something that is expressed in the initial introductory screen:

jT6JhtV.jpg

(It will be great if More_Badass add this to the OT of the game)

Didn't realise it was one person game and finnish developer until this post. Awesome, another finnish game that is fantastic.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
I agree that a countdown on the eShop would be great. But actually, one of the current recommendations on the NoE eShop (FF) is listed as "playable at midnight".

AFAIK, it's the developer that sets the release time. If they don't actively set it, the game will default launch at the normal eShop refresh.

Not sure about that, last month we had Ape Out up for pre-order and when it didn't unlock at midnight people flocked to Gabe Cuzzillo's twitter to find out why and he said it was out of their hands.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Arvi Teikari is also one of the co-devs working on Noita, and that's shaping up to be one of the best roguelike platformers since Spelunky. So he might have two indie darlings out this year

Holy heck that looks so fun. Immediately reminds me of Scorched Earth. Anything that reminds me of Scorched Earth goes to wishlist :D

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
Why are you assuming that? Nothing in that review suggests that

Well yeah it's just my feeling when reading this kind of "praise everything but 8/10" review.
I get the feeling the game was rated on a 8 points scale.
It might just be me though.

I think there's not just the graphics part. Games with no story are hardly perfectly rated too.
However I think the game deserves higher for how innovative it is.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah it's just my feeling when reading this kind of "praise everything but 8/10" review.

I think there's not just the graphics part. Games with no story are hardly perfectly rated too.
No games deserve any score; that's not really the purpose of reviews.

And games without narrative focus like puzzlers, platformers, multiplayer games, etc often get high praise

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
No games deserve any score; that's not really the purpose of reviews.

And games without narrative focus like puzzlers, platformers, multiplayer games, etc often get high praise

Well that's not what I wanted to say with "deserve".
Anyway I don't care that much about scores, and 8/10 is still very good.

Less than 2 hours left.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The trailer on the eshop grabbed my interest a couple weeks ago, my initial reaction was how clever the game looked! I'm looking forward to it.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

Don't put any stock into review scores. I once rated an excellent indie game 10/10 but the score was bumped down by my editor because he personally thought it "didn't look like a 10". You never know what arbitrary BS goes on behind the scenes, you're better off reading the text and drawing your own conclusion.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Don't put any stock into review scores. I once rated an excellent indie game 10/10 but the score was bumped down by my editor because he personally thought it "didn't look like a 10". You never know what arbitrary BS goes on behind the scenes, you're better off reading the text and drawing your own conclusion.
Part of why I don't include scores when I list reviews in OTs

Not solely because of that, but also to let the blurbs/quotes speak for themselves