• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I'm stuck there now. Do you have to
push baba or the rock into the flag area? I cant figure out how to maneuver or that way but it seems right
Yes. If you need a hint, read the following spoiler
Use the three-piece logic chunks themselves to push stuff, but not necessarily in the intuitive direction or orientation. It's worth playing around with them to really get a grasp of when exactly their rules start and stop applying.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Yes. If you need a hint, read the following spoiler
Use the three-piece logic chunks themselves to push stuff, but not necessarily in the intuitive direction or orientation. It's worth playing around with them to really get a grasp of when exactly their rules start and stop applying.

How do you get back to "Rock is You" or "Baba is You" after pushing it into the flag area? You can't push the words back up and you can't manipulate the "is You" enough.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
How do you get back to "Rock is You" or "Baba is You" after pushing it into the flag area? You can't push the words back up and you can't manipulate the "is You" enough.
So this is where my solution gets a little weird. I'm going to just straight up spoil my solution in the next spoiler so fair warning.
I pushed the rock itself onto the crab. Then I stacked the logic chain ROCK IS PUSH vertically, adjacent to the two wall blocks and the crab so it looked like this:
ROCK WALL
IS WALL
PUSH ROCK/CRAB
Then I pushed PUSH to the right. Due to how priority works, the rock (again, the actual rock, not the logic block) will be pushed before the ROCK IS PUSH logic chain stops functioning as a result of moving PUSH. Stacking things vertically means you can get ROCK back up to replace BABA. This solution is weird so I don't know if it's the intended strategy, but it worked.

Last edited:

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, I've been playing for a while and it's really good. Some of the levels are just amazing, and luckily it's not suffering from having too much rules at once (yet).

Plum

May 31, 2018
So this is where my solution gets a little weird. I'm going to just straight up spoil my solution in the next spoiler so fair warning.
I pushed the rock itself onto the crab. Then I stacked the logic chain ROCK IS PUSH vertically, adjacent to the two wall blocks and the crab so it looked like this:
ROCK WALL
IS WALL
PUSH ROCK/CRAB
Then I pushed PUSH to the right. Due to how priority works, the rock (again, the actual rock, not the logic block) will be pushed before the ROCK IS PUSH logic chain stops functioning as a result of moving PUSH. Stacking things vertically means you can get ROCK back up to replace BABA. This solution is weird so I don't know if it's the intended strategy, but it worked.

Thanks!

...now I just need to figure out how to get to that point.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying Baba is You so far. Cleared 23 puzzles. Though 2 puzzles are really bothering me and its Wireless Connection and Poems. Can someone give me a hint on how to prevent the robot from moving the You part of my sentence around? Also any hint for Poems would be nice since I'm just getting stuck on that one.
That notch in the wall matters

Try experimenting with the IS column

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
I have been really enjoying the game so far. I have cleared 30 puzzles as of now, and Turns was the one that stumped me the most. I spent probably 10 minutes on that level trying to discover the solution myself, then I just had a realization that it's easier than I made it out to be.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Just completed Chasm-Extra 3 - Broken. I honestly don't understand whether the solution I found is the intended one, but if it is this game has balls lol

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like an idiot again — I have no idea how to beat Baba is Float the first time you see it. Is there some new mechanic I'm not seeing?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I just collected the three flowers in order to unlock the "Level Finale," took one look at it, and immediately went back to hone my skills some more on the more simple puzzles.

The game is absolutely phenomenal so far. I've completed 40 puzzles and the coolest moment was
discovering that you could do NOUN is NOUN a few puzzles before it was tutorialized and my head just spinning from how much bigger that made the possibility space

It's amazing how you look at a puzzle before realizing a trick and think "something is bugged here, this one is actually impossible" and then it clicks and it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Any clues on Tiny Pond(6) or Assembly Team(7) for Solitary Island area? I just need 1 more level to pass the area for now... (I'll eventually get all the early levels I skipped lol).

jepense

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Wow, this game! Based on what I played last night (which was way too long), it's probably my favorite puzzle game since at least SpaceChem. Some of the solutions are very creative and it's such a joy to figure out new ways to bend the game. The only thing that was bothering me was that you cannot tell (at least I don't know how) which rules override other rules until you test. I think PUSH overrides STOP and FLOAT and FLOAT overrides SINK and DEFEAT. Is there just a fixed hierarchy that you need to learn? (I guess yes.) Also, is TEXT IS PUSH always true?

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Any clues on Tiny Pond(6) or Assembly Team(7) for Solitary Island area? I just need 1 more level to pass the area for now... (I'll eventually get all the early levels I skipped lol).

Assembly Team:
move BABA left, use it against the wall to make it so that the robots have 1 space difference horizontally, use one robot to open a breach in River, move is you to baba and complete the level

Tiny Pond is more complicated and I'm from smartphone, but I got the solution for it too if you need it later.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Assembly Team:
move BABA left, use it against the wall to make it so that the robots have 1 space difference horizontally, use one robot to open a breach in River, move is you to baba and complete the level

Tiny Pond is more complicated and I'm from smartphone, but I got the solution for it too if you need it later.
Thanks! I didn't think about moving that word that direction, so simple lol. I'll eventually want to do Tiny Pond, but it is a low priority now that 2 new areas have opened.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
On level 12. This mechanic is confusing me a little

baba is crab and crab is baba turns baba into a crab per step, where you "die" per crab step, but you can still freely move and become baba again, thus alive. baba is crab certainly kills baba (dunno why), but shouldn't i be dead the moment i turn into a crab?

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
On level 12. This mechanic is confusing me a little

baba is crab and crab is baba turns baba into a crab per step, where you "die" per crab step, but you can still freely move and become baba again, thus alive. baba is crab certainly kills baba (dunno why), but shouldn't i be dead the moment i turn into a crab?

Try setting up a...
contradiction

To further elaborate...
What if Baba was more than just a crab?

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
there are few things which I don't really understand though I like the game; but for example, I was disappointed to see that "text is win" did not work, even though the text started to sparkle. Maybe that missed something, but it happened a few times that a mechanic which I thought would work did not.
I only did the first 2 worlds (all of the levels) and did 5 levels of the 3 world

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
The interesting thing is that my answer for the Extra that unlocks after Tiny Pond is so similar to my answer for Tiny Pond that I think I may have missed an easier solution to Tiny Pond.
I managed Tiny Pond on my own (with the described train of thought), but applying it to Tiny Isle fails me. A solution in the same vein seems to require three agents, and I was unable to succeed with setting that up, or with any of my alternate approaches.

Tiny Isle was so far the first level that stumped me. The game's pretty fun. :)

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
there are few things which I don't really understand though I like the game; but for example, I was disappointed to see that "text is win" did not work, even though the text started to sparkle. Maybe that missed something, but it happened a few times that a mechanic which I thought would work did not.
I only did the first 2 worlds (all of the levels) and did 5 levels of the 3 world

I understand it to be that all of the elements are divided in to two:
- Words including nouns and states of things (e.g. the word Baba, the word Push, the word Win)
- Actual Objects (e.g. Baba, a flag, a key)

Only with the latter can actual states/conditions be applied.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
Try setting up a...
contradiction

To further elaborate...
What if Baba was more than just a crab?

I finally solved it (it was the intuitive hint, aka make touching the crab the winning condition by restating that you're baba ("baba is baba") and don't get turned into a crab when you traverse the crab block in the process (thus the contradiction).

Yet, I still don't get the half-dead state keeps you alive, which I got by doing the following

First I turn the crab into baba by making y= "crab is baba". Congrats, you get 2 babas (also that's now how you solve the level :P)
Then I make a "baba is crab" and "crab is baba" argument by pushing y vertically

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Haven't enjoyed a puzzle game this much since the original Pushmo. I could lose hours to it. Can't wait to play more later.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Game Makers Toolkit do a video on this game. Couldn't think of a more perfect fit.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
this game is so good, fully completed two levels, now it's really becoming hard! I'm stuck on several levels, needs to figure things out

i'm still not sure how everything works, sometime one sentence will destroy an element and sometime not (don't have it on top of my head)

we'll see, but this game is brilliant

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this game! Based on what I played last night (which was way too long), it's probably my favorite puzzle game since at least SpaceChem. Some of the solutions are very creative and it's such a joy to figure out new ways to bend the game. The only thing that was bothering me was that you cannot tell (at least I don't know how) which rules override other rules until you test. I think PUSH overrides STOP and FLOAT and FLOAT overrides SINK and DEFEAT. Is there just a fixed hierarchy that you need to learn? (I guess yes.) Also, is TEXT IS PUSH always true?

I don't think FLOAT overrides DEFEAT or SINK per se. Someone please correct if I'm wrong, but to me it seems like FLOAT is another layer. SINK or DEFEAT would only affect objects on the same layer.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I managed Tiny Pond on my own (with the described train of thought), but applying it to Tiny Isle fails me. A solution in the same vein seems to require three agents, and I was unable to succeed with setting that up, or with any of my alternate approaches.

Tiny Isle was so far the first level that stumped me. The game's pretty fun. :)

One little hint for Tiny Isle; the realisation that led me to deducing the solution:

You *cannot* move the WIN

And how it relates to Tiny Pond:

Everything for the first half of Tiny Pond - up until you're deciding which water tile to destroy - is identical. That's why I thought my solution was suspiciously similar! It's just that the second half is a little less trivial.

And the big spoilery solution:

Break the water tile due west of the WIN, and build a sentence along there, reusing the IS from the BABA IS YOU.

And just for completeness:
FLAG IS OPEN AND WIN. Making it open isn't directly relevant, but it serves to extend the sentence to get to the WIN.

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I didn't think about moving that word that direction, so simple lol. I'll eventually want to do Tiny Pond, but it is a low priority now that 2 new areas have opened.

I did a step-by-step breakdown of the train of thought that led me to solving Tiny Pond in post #283; that might help nudge you a bit.

Mipmap

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
So I've been absolutely loving this game, but I just got to the Forest of Fall and I'm not enjoying the teleport mechanic at all. Its behavior feels more buggy than intentional to me, constantly teleporting objects back and forth and having to guess which side it will appear when I push it.

I'll go back to it with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow, but I'm hoping the teleporter doesn't show up too much later in the game.

Last edited:

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Loving the game so far. Surprised at people who said it took 15 hours to do 50 levels. I'm 2 hours in with 30+ levels done, including the first four extra levels. Nothing has really stumped me yet.

Looking forward to a bit more challenge!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Feeling a bit ill so I think I'll buy the Steam version and play it on my Macbook in bed tonight

Do saves sync between Windows/Mac versions on Steam?

Last edited:

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
It's definitely one of those games where you put in down in frustration at a particular puzzle, go and start washing the dishes and then as soon as you free your mind, inspiration hits and you go back and solve it instantly.

Another game that benefits massively from the Switch's instant wake up.
It's funny you say that, as about twenty minutes or so into trying to fall asleep my boyfriend turned to me and said he had an idea about the puzzle we stopped on. Here's hoping he remembers it when he wakes up, because I sure don't ! Haha

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far. Not super-far into the game, but the game feels very clever. The game naturally teaches you more complex concepts as it goes on. So far, nothing feels like a giant, unsolvable wall. I'm looking forward to playing it some more.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game so far. Surprised at people who said it took 15 hours to do 50 levels. I'm 2 hours in with 30+ levels done, including the first four extra levels. Nothing has really stumped me yet.

I'm at a similar pace - 33 levels, 1:50 - but I did comment on this earlier:

I suspect this will be a game where how long it is is entirely dependent on how your mind embraces the puzzles. I suspect any individual puzzle can be solved quite quickly... once you see the answer. But how long that takes...

I don't think the people who took longer are necessarily wrong, it's just that they aren't seeing it as quickly.

I've occasionally hit puzzles in other games where I just *can't* see the solution at all; I solve it by exploring the solution space rather than by deducing elements. That both takes longer and is less appealing, although you hope to hit a revelatory moment where it clicks and you shift to thinking in terms of the game mechanics properly, and then you're solving the puzzles on proper terms. Yankai's Peak is a current puzzler where I'm having that sort of perception issue, but I can absolutely understand Baba Is You having that trait for many people, and I could absolutely see it being the case for me when I get a bit deeper!

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I really hope Game Makers Toolkit do a video on this game. Couldn't think of a more perfect fit.
The Matthewmatosis video in 18 months should be good as well. He's a big fan of Zachtronics-style open-ended puzzles which this definitely has a lot of similarities to.

So I've been absolutely loving this game, but I just got to the Forest of Fall and I'm not enjoying the teleport mechanic at all. Its behavior feels more buggy than intentional to me, constantly teleporting objects back and forth and having to guess which side it will appear when I push it.

I'll go back to it with a fresh pair of eyes tomorrow, but I'm hoping the teleporter doesn't show up too much later in the game.
The "Press A to wait a turn" is a mercy I was not expecting in this kind of game which makes the teleporter about a thousand times less annoying than it could be. At least we don't need to find a wall to run into once to get on the opposite cycle.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Uhhhh...

I just hit the credits after 2:42 and 41 puzzles solved. Obviously lots more to do but weird I got here already.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018

The really hard extra levels will not start appearing until the third/fourth world.

And skipping any single level in any world doesn't count.

At the end, if completing 50 levels took me 15 hours, it's because there are only a few levels that delayed my progress. Surprise, the hard ones.

When I talked about the time to complete the game, I was talking from the perspective of a completionist not abandoning a world until having completed every single level and without using a single clue, tip.

If doesn't mind if you complete 10 levels in a row taken you a few minutes, if it appears a hard one, delaying your progress two hours.

And believe me, these levels will appear :)

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
The really hard extra levels will not start appearing until the third/fourth world.

And skipping any single level in any world doesn't count.

At the end, if completing 50 levels took me 15 hours, it's because there are only a few levels that delayed my progress. Surprise, the hard ones.

When I talked about the time to complete the game, I was talking from the perspective of a completionist not abandoning a world until having completed every single level and without using a single clue, tip.

If doesn't mind if you complete 10 levels in a row taken you a few minutes, if it appears a hard one, delaying your progress two hours.

And believe me, these levels will appear :)

Don't worry, that's what I've been doing ;)
Over 50 levels at 3 hours now.

It's definitely a game that will depend on how well you grok the main concept. Looking forward to later worlds!

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
So do some levels just have arbitrary rules so they are not too easy? For example, Level Lake-11: Jelly Throne where "JELLY is WIN", it seems like you should be able to to say "FLAG is JELLY" but it's crossed out when you complete that statement...this seems to go against the nature of the game.

Edit: Nevermind, the level also has a "FLAG is FLAG" statement so I guess that overrides any other "FLAG is ..." statement.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So do some levels just have arbitrary rules so they are not too easy? For example, Level Lake-11: Jelly Throne where Jelly is Win, it seems like you should be able to to say FLAG is JELLY but it's crossed out when you complete that statement...this seems to go against the nature of the game.
Not arbitrary. It also says FLAG IS FLAG thus FLAG can't be JELLY