• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Somehow I beat Hop. I've started basically saving video captures of every single puzzle solution so if anyone needs help with one (that I've beaten so far) I will have an SD card full soon.

I'd like some help if that's possible! Everything I've thought of doesn't seem to work, so a hint as to what I should do would be great :)

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Enjoying this a lot, it could almost have been made specifically for me.

Only criticism I can think of is that Float kind of annoys me in that it feels like I shouldn't then be able to push stuff that isn't floating. It makes me think I'm breaking the rules

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I was about to complain that the game is too easy, but then the game started to own me. It is a dignified ownage that stands above the soul crushing humiliation and self-doubt that you get from a game like Stephen's Sausage Roll, but I am still being owned.

... Great game btw!

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about this game (so far) is that while some levels can be excruciatingly hard they never feel overly unfair or complex. It's always a matter of, "oh, DUH!" rather than "how the hell was I supposed to figure that out?"

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Actually one more tiny cry criticism, B is confirm instead of cancel for some reason, which is out of sync with all my other games on Switch. Keep exiting to map in error when I expect the pause menu to close and stuff.

Can't complain too much about the game if that's the worst thing I can think of!

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't find this one... Any hint?

You'll need to push something past the crab that you can then take control of.
In order to push something PAST the crab, as opposed to just in the same space as the crab, you'll need an extra piece. But there are only a few things that can have "is Push."
Don't bother trying to attach "is Push" to any items. The item you need to push something past the crab has "is Push" set on it by default.

Hope that helps!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Actually one more tiny cry criticism, B is confirm instead of cancel for some reason, which is out of sync with all my other games on Switch. Keep exiting to map in error when I expect the pause menu to close and stuff.

Can't complain too much about the game if that's the worst thing I can think of!

B should be cancel, it has been for me at least

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Space 2 is killing me. Can't find it, and it must be easy given the amount of moving parts...

EDIT: found it. Yeah it was easy.

Last edited:

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah I noticed that too, A = B and X = Y. Feels weird, but yeah that's a minor criticism.

Discokuningas

Banned
Jan 18, 2018

What? How I haven't noticed this. I could swear it is not.

Edit: I just checked and you are right. I thought you meant that a and b were reversed. But they are both confirm buttons. So not an issue for me. I hate when they are reversed.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap Broken Playground (Fall Forest level B) is absolutely brutal. I have no idea how I figured out.

Oct 25, 2017
My experience with this game has been great so far. It's a really smart idea, and makes you feel really smart when you figure out a solution (and it also makes you feel like there are multiple solutions, even when there may not be, because "crazy ideas" have a tendency to work).

I did run into a very interesting bug in the game that cycled the game between "alive" and "dead" states by combing a large "is" block into several statements. Truth be told, I don't think it's technically a bug (it is just cycling through the statements), but it doesn't feel good when you do it :)

Got stuck for a while on a puzzle and when I figured out the solution it was a great feeling. I'll be coming back to this one here and there rather than consuming it in large doses like The Witness or Obra Dinn. That's not a statement on quality, but rather the fact that this game works better in bursts of play in my opinion.

plau

Oct 30, 2017
Yes!! finally beat Prison (Island-11)... I was stuck there for long time, wasting time trying solutions I knew were never going to work.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
I'm not looking up any hints, but holy hell Space-2 makes absolutely no sense to me lol

Edit: Ah, ok, this is starting to make sense.

Edit2: Haha. Or not

Last edited:

Deleted member 51797

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'm scared to try this out - completing the Witness without a guide is one of my proudest gaming moments next to finishing Bloodborne and I don't want this game tearing down my ego.

But it looks so incredibly up my alley that I won't be able to resist.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

I noticed that as well, and I'm surprised Nintendo let that pass the lot check. IIRC, that's the kind of things they traditionally seem to look for.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I actually whooped out loud earlier when I cracked one puzzle. It's so satisfying.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Are there any essays or videos that discuss the process of creating the sort of puzzles you find in Sokoban games and stuff like Stephen's Sausage Roll? I'm decent at these sort of games but I don't have the brain the actually make them and I'm really curious about what that sort of level creation is like.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I got through 16 levels in just under an hour this afternoon. The only two I got super stuck on for 5+ minutes were the first two Lake Level Extras.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I just did Hop and the new mechanic there is really neat.I stumbled into the right solution fairly quickly but there's some neat stuff that could be done with it.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Motherfucker, this game's fucking excellent.

getting to level six and making WALL is BABA made me lose my fucking shit

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
I'm scared to try this out - completing the Witness without a guide is one of my proudest gaming moments next to finishing Bloodborne and I don't want this game tearing down my ego.

But it looks so incredibly up my alley that I won't be able to resist.
As someone who loved and platinumed Witness. This gane is fantastic but much much harder

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loved and platinumed Witness. This gane is fantastic but much much harder
As someone who seriously struggled with The Witness, I've found this to be at least more straightforward and intuitive. The Witness was more ponderous while this I can fuck around with continually until I come up with an answer.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who seriously struggled with The Witness, I've found this to be at least more straightforward and intuitive. The Witness was more ponderous while this I can fuck around with continually until I come up with an answer.

Yeah the extremely forgivable and experimental nature of this game makes it a lot more accessible than typical puzzle games, at least in my experience.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Bought it but haven't had any time to play it yet. Does it look like there's any story in the game or is it just a series of puzzle stages?

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't get into stephen sausage roll, would i like this game ?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
some look so simple and yet despite tons of different experiment i can't find the solution, like fall-1! not asking for help, just comenting

I frealking love this game, but i think i'm gonna hate the harder puzzles that has too many words, it becomes more a game of memory and what to do in correct order rather than pure logic, and sometimes you get things mixed up and have to restart everything

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get into stephen sausage roll, would i like this game ?

I guess it depends on what you're worried about. For what it's worth, I find Baba Is You easier to "read" in the sense that mechanics are easier to pick up and the problem space is easier to wrap your head around. A big problem I had with Stephen's Sausage Roll is that I would often come into a level and just sit there baffled, with no real idea of how to even get started; sometimes I'd have to leave a level, do a bunch of others, intuit some new move, and then come back and realize that was the reason why I couldn't make any progress. With Baba Is You, it's easier to get into the mindset of "okay, I can't solve this; what can I try?" I think at least part of this is because the creator put the puzzles in a specific order, so if you need a mechanic to get past one area, you generally learn it beforehand (though it is possible to jump the sequence to an extent). So I'd say the barrier to entry is lower.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Edit: nevermind don't trust me I totally forget. But I did do it. Something with swapping text and the key in the bottom corner? I don't know haha

Last edited:

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game is destroying my brain in the best way possible.

I haven't had this level of mental pain and anguish since The Witness.

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished Ruins-10 but my solution was so weird that I wonder if it was the intended one or not...

HoodedSoldier

Sep 29, 2018
Just finished "Grass Yard" after messing with it last night and off and on since I got home from work. Wooooooweeeeee that felt good and I feel stupid now.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Having a wonderful time.

Just finished Lake 1-13, and hit Lake Extra 2, which is apparently a doozy. Looking forward to figuring out the solution.