• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm told the Switch patch is out now, although I've not been able to verify it yet.

In this post I do a detailed stepwise hint routine for Out At Sea, if you need help - it's very gradual and might help you make the key revelations yourself.
Thanks, but I'm not at that point yet.
I've pretty much eliminated manipulating the upper right and I'm pretty sure I have to do something sneaky transformations or pushing things onto the belt, but I'm just not sure yet.

Still determined to push on with no outside help!

And yeah the Switch patch is out!

Oct 25, 2017
Day 427: crushers is breaking me — can move belt — need one more pushable — Angles are my enemy —Walls are walls — itchy. Tasty

Edit: I finally did it. I had it most of the way there for the last few days, I just needed that last ah-ha moment.

Last edited:

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Day 427: crushers is breaking me — can move belt — need one more pushable — Angles are my enemy —Walls are walls — itchy. Tasty
To be honest that's probably the only one i'm glad I ended up reading a hint for....it takes some doing even when you know the main trick but figuring out that trick would've taken me a longgg time

Oct 25, 2017

Edit: I finally did it. I had it most of the way there for the last few days, I just needed that last ah-ha moment.

That is one of two maps that I actually looked up a full solution so far. Way too convoluted for something that bottlenecks progress.

Oct 25, 2017
Phew. I made it to 217 and then had to look up how to get to the last two levels (two I missed in very not obvious places in ???).

My switch has me at 85(?!?!) hours total. Wowza. I think I left in idling many times, particularly when I was playing in bed or playing it while watching a stream or something.

I keep recommending this to other people who loved Stephen's Sausage Roll and Snakebird, and the credits, appropriately, ends up crediting them both. Go figure. It also credits Corrypt, which I haven't played, so I should check that out I guess.

It was a fantastic game, overall. It was funny in the same way as some of my favourite puzzle games (SSR, The Witness).

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Solved a puzzle in a way that lagged the game to the point of crashing. Took more than 2 minutes to get to the end. Had to wait for the game to process each move. Kind of shocked the devs missed this bug.

IqeOxtV.jpg

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I cant figure out Tiny Pond and it is driving me insane.

Like I know I can make the key and flag the same object to unlock the water from the side. I can then move and next to water. I can crossword with IS having KEY IS Flag AND WIN or FLAG IS KEY AND WIN but both just leave me traped with no solution. If I try to unlock the water from the top I can get BABA IS YOU above WIN but have no room to actually unlock it.

And of course I solve it after posting.

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
The "on" command is annoying me. The functions feel a bit in consistent and unintuitive.

What's non-intuitive about it?

A ON B IS C =

If A shares a location with B, A gets trait C.

Edit: That said, you do have to be aware that pushing the ON out of the way can suddenly screw things up horribly!

Solved a puzzle in a way that lagged the game to the point of crashing. Took more than 2 minutes to get to the end. Had to wait for the game to process each move. Kind of shocked the devs missed this bug.

IqeOxtV.jpg

Yeah, abilities that constantly spawn objects can lead to slowdown. That said, there is a solution - presumably the intended one:

That destroys things it creates in the process, so things never get out of control with the amount of objects in play

Last edited:

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Second gate spoiler question:
You turn level 9 into baba and level 10 into flag, right? How do you assign the flag for level 10?
nevermind figured this one out, it was a really simple block puzzle I actually had to look up

Also
What's the deal with "Level ?"

Last edited:

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Also
What's the deal with "Level ?"

This is a tough question to answer, but I'll give you a fair hint that it's the right question to ask.

A slightly more significant hint, but still mild:

It does not break any of the established rules

And a spoiler you probably don't want to read, but it's just crossed my mind and I'm curious - I'd like to hear back from other people who've done it, because I can't check it myself right now:

What rules show up on the pause menu for this one before you've Done The Thing?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Been working on this from time to time. Finally figured out the very cheeky Floatiest Platforms. At 184 dandelions, there's only one currently accessible puzzle left, Security Check. But I'm pretty sure I can do something in
Turn the Corner
to unlock further puzzles.

I've conquered every challenge thus far, with no assistance! I will conquer these, as well!

Edit: Took down Security Check within minutes of posting this. Okay, let's explore...

Edit edit: Okay here we go with some Depths

Last edited:

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Been playing it on Linux while taking my sweet time I'm afraid to finish the game too quickly without even realizing it .

The game works flawlessly on linux and the dev has been quick to fix the few tiny bugs here and there in his linux build so maybe More_Badass can add this review coming from a linux gaming outlet to the OP : https://www.gamingonlinux.com/artic...rule-breaking-puzzle-game-some-thoughts.13806

Am I the only one who keeps forgetting that you can destroy words blocks on puzzle that kind of requires it ?

Oct 25, 2017
Just popping in to say that I started playing this last week and I'm in love. I've never had a game make me feel so smart and so stupid at the same time. Still relatively early on I think? I've full cleared the first two sub areas, and I have cleared (but not full cleared) a third.

The "has" verb lets you get up to some truly crazy shit. The level where you walk through the river by creating copies of yourself as you drown - that was some Prestige shit.

Oct 25, 2017
I know this thread isn't active, but ahhhh the moments of epiphany in this game are so good! I just finished Forest-12 "Skull House" and just about came out of my chair shouting on the bus when I finally realized what I was supposed to do. So good!

Oct 25, 2017
Popping back in to say that Out at Sea blew my damn mind. When you accept that it truly is impossible to change the rules once you pass through the belt, the level appears to have no solution. But then it does. Ahhh this game is so good.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I had finished the game with 221 levels, but some new patch notes added 4 more levels, so I beat them real quick to notch up to 225.

Many other levels were adjusted/replaced, but because the game doesn't remove progress for an adjustment, I don't really have the motivation to go back and re-do any of those.

Would love a proper level editor one day, but until then...Baba is Done.

Last edited:

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
There seems to be one on PC, if I remember correctly. It might be hidden, but accessible with a few key presses.

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished "Elusive Condition."

I found a solution that I could not actually execute. I found a YouTube video that attempted to walk you through the solution. I tried to follow it and got really mad.

Then I went back into the level, took a deep breath, and found the real solution in 10 seconds.

This game is bonkers.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished "Elusive Condition."

I found a solution that I could not actually execute. I found a YouTube video that attempted to walk you through the solution. I tried to follow it and got really mad.

Then I went back into the level, took a deep breath, and found the real solution in 10 seconds.

This game is bonkers.

I wonder if that was one of the puzzle that got changed on an update. It looks different than I remember and that would explain an old solution not working.

This looks cool.

Baba Sudoku

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that was one of the puzzle that got changed on an update. It looks different than I remember and that would explain an old solution not working.

This looks cool.

This is what was going on:

I was trying to solve the level by making everything into hands and then working HAND and IS through all of the hands to line up with WIN. I made some progress but after a bunch of tinkering I gave up and said "fuck it, i'm here for mind bending and not block pushing." I found this video and tried to follow it, but I kept fucking up and getting madder and madder.

Finally my brain snapped and said "this can't be right" and somehow I reset my thought process and found the real solution almost immediately.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I solved that puzzle, but I know I didn't do that. But that youtube channel is named Baba Is Whom? - Unconventional Solutions.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw that after the fact. I only even looked for it in the first place because I couldn't believe this was the solution and I didn't want to read spoilers if I was wrong. When I saw the thumbnail of a million hands I thought "fuck me I really have to do it?" Didn't read the channel name until way later.

Anyway - point being that this game is brain wrinkly fun. I finally went back and completed "Finale" although I still have tons of levels left.

I turned one level into a key and one level into Keke and I assume that I have to go back into those levels and actually solve them but I'm leaving them be because it looks so goofy on the world map.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm somewhere around 150 levels completed I think? I saw Feep said there were 225, and I can't figure out where the rest would fit on the map, so I'm expecting something to change reasonably soon.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
You just have to go a little deeper and I am sure you will find it out. If you end up wanting a hint later let me know.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I want to know is:

Do I need to sit through the credits? Because I've seen credits. I just couldn't skip them and I was impatient, so I just restarted the app on my Switch and finished Finale with 'FLAG IS WIN' instead of 'FLAG IS END.' I'm working my way through World 10 right now, having fully completed all the other worlds save for one.

Oct 25, 2017
How is everyone handling just...being stuck? Taking breaks? Looking at hints? It's so tempting.
I was completely stuck on "Prison" and found that level to be kinda cheap after I did eventually look it up. Guess I wasn't the only one.

I think my problem with this one is that "something is push" becomes "something is stop" when next to a wall. As in, you can not push through that piece eventhough it is not set to "stop". It's kinda not as clean of a state as this game has it otherwise!? Hard to explain, but I bet that's why the solution feels so out of place.

Last edited:

plau

Oct 30, 2017
How is everyone handling just...being stuck? Taking breaks? Looking at hints? It's so tempting.
I was really stuck on "Prison" and found that level to be kinda cheap after I did eventually look it up.
Yeah, just taking breaks is what I do. What I probably should do is just go to a different level but I just dislike doing that. I never thought the game was unfair after I found the solution.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
I think I did just about everything in the current switch version, although I wouldn't be surprised if there are even more secrets somehow.
Every worlds has a flower and I got 3 orbs for the Gallery.

What a great game, perfect for me. I love clever puzzles that aren't just about pushing things in the right order (though there's some of that in Baba) but mostly about figuring out things and thinking outside the box.

Edit: Apparently a patch added a few more levels and it doesn't remove the "Area Clear" status, so I actually do have some levels left to do. Cool!

Last edited:

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
I personally haven't got past the Meta area, but from what I have seen you will know when BABA IS DONE.

Oct 25, 2017
"Empty Is Push" was my limit with this game, that's ridiculous. Maybe better graphical representation of what's actually happening would help, not sure.
Pretty bummed about my current feelings about Baba. I can't really recommend it to anyone without huge caveats.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just completed the third world (the extra level, holy *shit*.)

From a mechanical perspective, this game's easily the best puzzle game I've ever played. Portal and Hexcells can step aside, this is just pure genius.

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed the third world (the extra level, holy *shit*.)

From a mechanical perspective, this game's easily the best puzzle game I've ever played. Portal and Hexcells can step aside, this is just pure genius.

You're talking about Ruins? The extra level is notoriously difficult but oh so satisfying. Generally speaking though it's still considered "fair."

There are a few levels that have solutions that people generally consider unfair. I think I'm in the minority in that there's only one level I think feels unfair and most others don't talk about that one. But what I will say is: this game has barely even started blowing your mind.

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
The spoiler is which level.

It's Depths Extra 1: Priority Lane.

The spoiler is the solution.

The solution is to make the rule Baba Is Shift And Shift. Really? Why would applying the same attribute twice make Baba move even faster? It peeved me off for some reason.

I don't even know how to get to this level, but if the solution is belt is shift and shift then the belts are now shifting twice for each single move.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how to get to this level, but if the solution is belt is shift and shift then the belts are now shifting twice for each single move.

I mean, I figured that out when I finished the level. It just seemed weird to me that setting the rule twice had twice the effect. I think Shift might be the only attribute that does this, although maybe Move does as well? I haven't tried. I still have a few levels outstanding so who knows