• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
He may not be known to a lot of people but amongst the ASMR community he was a legend. He was an indian Barber who gave head massages and unintentionally became the face of ASMR before it was even a term. He apparently died of Cardiac Arrest yesterday.

His videos personally helped me deal with years of frustration laying in bed in the dark for hours not being able to shut down my thought process. When I first stumbled upon "World's greatest head massage" I found it weirdly relaxing at first but it became something I watched nightly and most of the time I wouldn't even make it to the end of the video before falling asleep. I was always exhausted but could not get out of my head and these videos were almost like a trance and I would feel so soothed that my mind shut off and I passed out within minutes.

From his videos came hundreds more and when a community sprung up around it it became something enormous that continues to grow till this day. Finding out about his passing just really saddened me. He gave something special to this world. Not just ASMR but his passion and energy. Rest In Peace Baba Sen and may your cosmic energy flow forever.

Beautiful documentary about him.

The video that started it all.

His final video and tribute from his friend.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about creating a thread for this yesterday, but I didn't think anyone on ERA would know about Baba.

I'm really sad about his death. He seemed like a truly great person. Very humble, but also very eager to make everyone happy. He never tried to pass his "powers" as pseudo-science or anything like that: he just wanted you to feel better. And seeing how many people came to him for the experience, I guess he did have "cosmic powers" :)

RIP, Baba.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about creating a thread for this yesterday, but I didn't think anyone on ERA would know about Baba.

I'm really sad about his death. He seemed like a truly great person. Very humble, but also very eager to make everyone happy. He never tried to pass his "powers" as pseudo-science or anything like that: he just wanted you to feel better. And seeing how many people came to him for the experience, I guess he did have "cosmic powers" :)

RIP, Baba.
Well put. I know there are a few of us on here.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I watched his vids practically every night because it sends me straight to sleep. I mentioned him in an ASMR thread we had some months back.

Dude was so passionate and energetic. :(

Deleted member 48205

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 30, 2018
Can anyone point me to a good video somewhere about the ASMR community and ASMR in general? I still can't really understand what it's about

LucidMomentum

Nov 18, 2017
Can anyone point me to a good video somewhere about the ASMR community and ASMR in general? I still can't really understand what it's about

RoosterTeeth's documentary is pretty solid:

https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rt...reatest-head-massage-an-asmr-journey-part-two

But if you don't have the time, it basically boils down to the tingly feeling you get while experiencing certain things, like listening to relaxing sounds or when you're getting a haircut, etc.