• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bohex1984

Oct 27, 2017
remera-star-wars-baby-yoda-the-mandalorian-D_NQ_NP_862600-MLA32969361468_112019-F.webp

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Feels like a quick cash grab. They should have known much better and have proper figures and plushies.
They had to know he would be huge right? Why did they not have merch ready to fire out of a cannon when the show launched? All we get is homemade crap like this, and they will get money too
Exactly this.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Hah it's clear they rushing these out, this is cheap last minute merch.

Disney was focused too much on all it's marketing and merchandising for Ep9, but it was Baby Yoda that is taking over all the hype

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
They had to know he would be huge right? Why did they not have merch ready to fire out of a cannon when the show launched? All we get is homemade crap like this, and they will get money too

Y'all are confusing Disney with old Lucasfilm. Disney is not really in the toy business, they license out their properties to various manufacturers to make toys and whatnot. But, it's not some super important part of their business. Under Lucas, licensing was the big deal part of his business.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like they somehow didn't realize this baby 'yoda' would be so popular and threw together something as quickly as possible to capitalize on it. How could you not realize it would be popular?!?!

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
this is shameless as fuck.

and its not even done well, it looks like they used one of those tshirt/product sites.

i was excited until i saw OP.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I would have expected better than this. Those shirts look like iron on prints that you could do at home, and the mug printed from a Walmart photo center or something.

My wife said she read an article that Disney intended to have "the child" revealed earlier in promotional material for the show and to start selling merchandise, but this looks lazy. I'm sure they knew it would have been huge.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty rushed for a cash in I guess.

Disney is usually pretty bomb on shirts but that shirt looks like it should be sold for ten bucks at a flea market.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no way they can produce a Baby plushie is like a month or 2. There was never going to be one in time for the holidays.

Middle of next year maybe.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all wanted merch so bad...

Don't know what y'all expected, good merch like toys and plushies would take at least months to develop and manufacture. This is what happens when one wants to prevent spoilers.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Y'all wanted merch so bad...

Don't know what y'all expected, good merch like toys and plushies would take at least months to develop and manufacture. This is what happens when one wants to prevent spoilers.
Disney should have released the show sooner so proper merch could be made sooner. Even without the baby Yoda craze, one would have thought they'd want proper Mandalorian merch out for Christmas.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It looks like someone took a screencap from a bootleg copy of the Mandalorian and just plastered it on whatever they could find in the merch department.

Terrible.

They should just release an IOU for merch that you can preorder but won't be delivered until after the holidays.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Disney should have released the show sooner so proper merch could be made sooner. Even without the baby Yoda craze, one would have thought they'd want proper Mandalorian merch our for Christmas.
They weren't about to move Disney+'s release date just because of baby Yoda merch.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This annoys me, because it's a continuation of ripping off Olly Moss without even understanding what made his art great. Mainly, it's not about combining two images, but the scene inside the silhouette is supposed to be a part of that character. The two suns, Bespin, or the trees forming Vader's mask.

Why is the forest part of Vader? Did i miss something in the prequels?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I assume plushes and other stuff actually take time compared to just printing the image on a shirt or mug but come on, it's Christmas and we all have moms.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Pathetic effort from Disney.
But you all know, if there's really a plushie coming, it's going to cost mad dollars.