• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I just made this
2-CEBC502-1-B01-4-D9-B-9662-14-ABE2-D8537-F.jpg

I want one.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I assume plushes and other stuff actually take time compared to just printing the image on a shirt or mug but come on, it's Christmas and we all have moms.
And as been said already, the image on these products is lazy and should've been better. Not having time to manufacture stuff like plush toys doesn't excuse what's in the OP.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I assume plushes and other stuff actually take time compared to just printing the image on a shirt or mug but come on, it's Christmas and we all have moms.
Disney has some of the best artists on the planet - they easily could have had an entire line of art to slap on shirts and mugs in a single day that would be lightyears better than this. There is no excuse for this crap.

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's like when Star Wars came out and they were unprepared with the merchandise to appease fans. So they put out stuff as fast as they can no matter how shitty it was. Like the holiday special.

It's like poetry.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of fascinating how Disney appears to have been caught completely unprepared for this. They are usually so proactive with merchandise opportunities that it's basically their reputation. No Baby Yoda plush in time for Christmas is just millions left on the table.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That is some cheap-ass merch.

Quality-wise, not price-wise. Of course Disney's overcharging for this shit.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Pretty pathetic merchandise lol, especially since Disney is swimming in money x can hire designers instantly.

plush should be released a week before Christmas to cause mass hysteria

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
When the preservation of spoilers fucks over your merchandising plan. Lol. Nutty. Spoilerphobes should absolutely love this move.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
weird that a company as big as Disney would use CafePress but hey what do i know

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was Disney unaware of how popular babby yoda was going to be?

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All of that is wack. They really got caught flat footed by this? It's one of the cutest creatures I've ever seen. FFS, Disney.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really, what's their motivation to make quality merch when this junk will sell out?

Darth Pinche

Oct 27, 2017
Someone on Etsy (in Russia) is selling these handmade dolls already. Disney just needs to buy this and mass produce it right now and be done with it.
MRZBilMl.jpg

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Planning merchandise - designing, supply chain, and all of that takes a LONG time.

This stuff is stop gap, print on demand, so they don't have to worry about inventory and a lot of shit that won't sell.

Favreau said they didn't do merch because it would have leaked and spoiled things... might be true... but I look forward to one year from now when they have real baby yoda merch all over the place and no one wants to buy it...

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Planning merchandise - designing, supply chain, and all of that takes a LONG time.

This stuff is stop gap, print on demand, so they don't have to worry about inventory and a lot of shit that won't sell.

Favreau said they didn't do merch because it would have leaked and spoiled things... might be true... but I look forward to one year from now when they have real baby yoda merch all over the place and no one wants to buy it...
Again, with Disney's art team, that could have cranked out an entire line of art to print on merch in a day. There is no excuse for this.