• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Again, with Disney's art team, that could have cranked out an entire line of art to print on merch in a day. There is no excuse for this.

I know plenty of people that work there, and have worked with them. They can't just crank out an entire line in a day - that's silly. There are approvals and a whole slew of issues. I'm sure that stuff's coming as well - but it's a month away... and even then, it will be print on demand like you see here.

Everyone thinks they are a massive shop, but they're not... they outsource and partner on a lot of this stuff. They will have baby yoda sipper cups and straws, and hats and all sorts of shit for the Parks by summer. That stuff takes a while to design, fabricate, tool... and months more to get shipped from production facilities.

This isn't laziness - it's business planning - they probably got caught flat footed, but they'll catch up.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
EJ_qpgXX0AAc4dP.jpg:large
Lmao of course!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Baby Yoda a clone of Yoda or just his love child?

Clearly Yoda learned how to reincarnate himself and then was reborn forty plus years before he died, allowing him to be in his 80s by the events of the sequel trilogy wherein he used astral projection to trick Luke into thinking he was still a Force Ghost when in reality his plan is to wait out the destruction of the Jedi so he can take his rightful place as Darth Gizmo.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Disney bought a license to print money with zero-effort
Correct yet they have no plushy, and like another member stated, they have no plushy for Friday. imagine the GIFs we've missed out on. They should have made mini Yodas and keyrings and palm sized teddies and I bet by Christmas all of those things will be everywhere, just not Disney branded, and probably with breakaway perfect for choking sized parts.

Clearly Yoda learned how to reincarnate himself and then was reborn forty plus years before he died, allowing him to be in his 80s by the events of the sequel trilogy wherein he used astral projection to trick Luke into thinking he was still a Force Ghost when in reality his plan is to wait out the destruction of the Jedi so he can take his rightful place as Darth Gizmo.

Was he around when the prequels were filmed?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
"Why didn't they have an entire line of plushies ready to go!" It's almost as if they didn't want any leaks by having a bunch plushies premade.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Somewhere in a Disney factory, some poor soul is shaving thousands of old Gizmo plush toys, and getting ready to paint them green

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BABY YODA DU DU DU DU DU DU

PAPA MANDO DU DU DU DU DU DU

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fits the western vibe of the show.

Nobody in the history of history wants "The Child" written on their shirt with a JPG shoved below it. Should just have a shirt with nothing but typography that says something along the lines of:

BABY YODA
BABY YODA
BABY YODA
BABY YODA
BABY YODA
BABY YODA
BABY YODA
BABY YODA

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
they don't fucking care lmao it's like they just slapped this shit together and said "just buy it and stfu".

Jul 18, 2018
That wouldn't have stopped someone from actually designing something ahead of time and then waiting to manufacture it after the premiere instead of just grabbing a screenshot and slapping it on some tshirts/mugs. lol
This. If they knew beforehand ..... Fking went with the half ass designs to cash grab

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I know plenty of people that work there, and have worked with them. They can't just crank out an entire line in a day - that's silly. There are approvals and a whole slew of issues. I'm sure that stuff's coming as well - but it's a month away... and even then, it will be print on demand like you see here.

Everyone thinks they are a massive shop, but they're not... they outsource and partner on a lot of this stuff. They will have baby yoda sipper cups and straws, and hats and all sorts of shit for the Parks by summer. That stuff takes a while to design, fabricate, tool... and months more to get shipped from production facilities.

This isn't laziness - it's business planning - they probably got caught flat footed, but they'll catch up.
I'm not talking about the entire process. But their art team could easily crank out the art for sticker and tshirt designs in a day. Like that Baby On Board sticker earlier - Disney could have drawn that in like 10 minutes, and it's awesome.

WaluigiTime

Oct 27, 2017
Good Burger
They obviously didn't have any merch plans and decided to rush these out before Christmas. I have no idea how they could not have foreseen bab Yoda being so popular.