• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Someone on Etsy (in Russia) is selling these handmade dolls already. Disney just needs to buy this and mass produce it right now and be done with it.
MRZBilMl.jpg
Why is green Gizmo in a satchel?

Wolfe

Banned
Sep 3, 2018
The more I look at it the sadder this is lol, like others I honestly thought I was looking at low effort bootleg merch when I first opened the thread.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
looks like the amount of love that went into the merch production is inversely proportional to the amount of love that went into the designing character.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Baby groot was pretty popular
Everyone loves babies
Disney has hired people that look at trends/what sells

Easily could've had mock ups and stuff ready, even if baby Yoda didn't take off they could still sell it to kids and Star Wars fans

MoFo2

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, those are totally 100% official merchandise absolutely no doubt about it yessiree

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Okay this is just bizarre. There's no way they didn't anticipate baby yoda being huge this holiday. Not even a funko pop? the bootleggers got plushes out in 24 hours, Disney can't by Black Friday?

time to bring this back:

lrg-packaged-frontxojr4.jpg

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been a pretty big disney junkie. for a brand I used to respect and never blinked an eye about dropping mad money on, to the soulless cash cow i see now that I helped create, is an evolution I didn't expect.

as for the merchandise, it's not even universal studios gift shop quality... it's YouTuber buy my merch level t r a s h /salt

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
MERCH UPDATE!!!!

Now fans are beating down the door for Baby Yoda toys and merch, and irate to find there's not very much. At least right now. Favreau said he wanted to hold off on the deluge of consumer products, lest the existence of the Child leak early.

Sources close to the merchandising unit of Walt Disney tell Vanity Fair that plans are underway to bring more Baby Yoda products to stores in the weeks ahead, but for now the main item available is this T-shirt featuring concept art of the lovable creature.

Man Favreau cashing in that goodwill.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
It really is beginning to feel that they didn't prepare for this at all.

I honestly looked at that stuff in the op and thought "well someone's getting sued in the morning".

Last edited:

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
The merch in the OP look like absolute shit. While it would be unreasonable to expect toys or figures to magically materialize when they hadn't been planned, they certainly could have had someone come up with something interesting to slap on a t-shirt, cups, etc. in the two weeks since the launch. This is just creatively bankrupt and cheap.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
The merch in the OP look like absolute shit. While it would be unreasonable to expect toys or figures to magically materialize when they hadn't been planned, they certainly could have had someone come up with something interesting to slap on a t-shirt, cups, etc. in the two weeks since the launch. This is just creatively bankrupt and cheap.
You expect artistic integrity for merchandise? lmao

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
I'm going to be honest with ya'll: the last thread when people were demanding merchandise for a new character in a Disney show was a kind of a culture shock to me. I mean.... the world is on the verge of doom, and people demand more plastic. Fuck.

The Omega Man

Oct 25, 2017
Dman, Disney really underestimated the Baby Yoda madness, imagine plushies, a black series and a Figuarts figure ready for release this holiday, the bank they would have made would have been of nuclear proportions.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Wow they had no faith in this series at all did they? How did no one see that puppet and have dollar signs in their eyes?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
MERCH UPDATE!!!!

Man Favreau cashing in that goodwill.

So basically Disney/Favreau wanted to keep Baby Yoda a secret and not spoil it with merch so it is coming in 2020. Then Disney saw they dropped the ball not capitalizing on this and opened a CafeExpress shop.

I'm going to be honest with ya'll: the last thread when people were demanding merchandise for a new character in a Disney show was a kind of a culture shock to me. I mean.... the world is on the verge of doom, and people demand more plastic. Fuck.

Most people want a plushy which isn't plastic?

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Okay this is just bizarre. There's no way they didn't anticipate baby yoda being huge this holiday. Not even a funko pop? the bootleggers got plushes out in 24 hours, Disney can't by Black Friday?

time to bring this back:

lrg-packaged-frontxojr4.jpg

I saw this on the Toys that Made Us show. And I thought it was genius. Then it turned out... it was.

Last edited: