• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Didn't look very exciting...

Reminded me of that Marvelous game that launched on PS3, whats it's name...

Oct 30, 2017
More information NEXT SUMMER?

..... I don't know what to makeup of this, at less release to us us the staff names.

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loves the majority of Platinum's non-licensed work, I thought this looked like straight up dogshit. How has this been a title in development for years? I'm hoping this is like...a 2022 title or something. It needs a lot of work.

just bring on Bayonetta 3 on Thursday.

Deleted member 3294

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect this to be shown today. It looks like a good one of Platinum's games, I'm excited for it.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
As a huge fan of Platinum I was super excited for this. But that trailer was a massive disappointment. It just looks so bland and by the numbers.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they just shat this out 2 years after the teaser with no build- just a basic combat trailer, then told us to wait until E3. 😆😆

Baybob

Oct 4, 2019
Man this looked great to me; I just got into some of platinums games on the switch and don't have a PS4 and this gooood. Do we know the platforms PC?

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
The fact that this still even exists is amazing. I had completely forgotten about it. Sign me up for more Square Enix / Platinum collabs.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
really ehhh on this when i first watched it ngl, hoping it grows on me

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it looks pretty generically Platinum. like they've been making the same Bayonetta-inspired game but with a different skin. this time, though, there's no "hook"

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looks potentially good to very good, just hope it's more rpg-ish ala Nier Automata and less braindead action brawler ala DMC.

Edit: is it me or it looks very similar to Lost Souls Aside (which itself is very DMC/ brawler inspired) on execution?

Oct 25, 2017
they taking on too many projects imo. Two years of hype to be looking like that is crazy and than more info summer is even more wild

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, while I didn't hate it or anything I didn't find it to be particularly exciting. The art syle is pretty meh, especially coming from something like Astral Chain.

Still interested in it since its PlatinumGames.

hideousarmor

May 9, 2019
Not sure if excited about this or not
Seems like the usual platinum combat (which I love) while trying to ape some of that fromsoft visual design...and kinda failing at it? For some reason the world or characters dont seem to have that much personality compared to something like nier or astral chain

I remember one of platinum bosses mentioning how they had a game that was "unlike anything else they had done before" and I was kinda expecting this to be it...Seeing how its not, I wonder what other game it could be. I dont think bayo 3 so maybe there's a 3rd project they are working on, maybe another one with my man yoko taro

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even Scalebound looked more inspired than this

Squid Icarus

Jul 11, 2019
This looks abysmal for Platinum standards. Has to be pre-alpha, looks very half-baked and like they felt a need to rush out some quick trailer. All my interest in the game is pretty much killed now, let's hope the next showing in summer will be better.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why I feel this way, but since 2014, it feels like all of Platinum's output ends up looking or feeling too much like their other output. Like the color scheme, sword swinging, and dodging all felt very reminiscent of Nier here. The only games that I feel like I haven't done this are, well, Nier, and Granblue.

Hope this impresses me more later on.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need to see some more, cuz what was shown was very cookie cutter platinum.

Terra

May 15, 2019
This still feels like it needs more time in the oven, not a super inspiring trailer, but I know a lot of people like Astral Chain so you know, we shall see

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Shame, looks like yet another combo heavy, fast-paced ARPG. With their talent, I wish they'd try something different. Something slower but more methodical, grounded approach to combat. I guess that's not what Platinum Games are famed for but I want to see what they could do on that front. Like Capcom's equivalent of Dragon's Dogma.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
The flashy sword effects look super annoying. Tone that stuff down and add some proper hit detection and we're talking.

OP
OP
Mirage

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Looks potentially good to very good, just hope it's more rpg-ish ala Nier Automata and less braindead action brawler ala DMC.

Edit: is it me or it looks very similar to Lost Souls Aside (which itself is very DMC/ brawler inspired) on execution?
I love Nier Automata but the combat in that is a lot more simple than something like DMC.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Neir Automata and Astral Chain had a bigger impact when gameplay was first revealed, but this doesn't look bad or anything. Hopefully they'll share more info.