• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

This info was found on Trello which Turtle Rock uses to communicate its updates that it's currently testing and are planned for release in December (as I understand).

Summary:
- Bug Fixes and balance adjustments including fixing offensive item duplication and balancing/address Crusher weak points.
- Holiday seasonal event
- Removing weapon attachments will be a card.
- Offline campaign progression
- New card type
- Investigating adding the number of decks a player can use
- Ultrawide monitor improvements
- Streamer-friendly mode
- New co-op mode
- Ridden practice area in Ft Hope
- Option to continue playing with a team after finishing a game
- Matchmaking stability updates
- Vote to kick function

More in the video. I didn't make this video I just saw it posted on the B4B community Facebook page.

older article with some info here:
www.nme.com

'Back 4 Blood' to get single-player offline mode next month

'Back 4 Blood' will be getting an offline single-player mode in December.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I feel like they wasted a lot of good will by making some critical bad decisions and reacting far too slowly when the community was unsurprisingly pissed.

I was super into it, but in trying to "fix" the insane special spawns they just made it harder and stupider. Just my anecdotal experience.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Why does removing attachments have to be a card!? So a fixer can just add an attachment willy nilly but that just seems impossible because reasons.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Too little too late, we played the campaign at first difficulty but the second one was already quite a jump. Too much of special enemies spam, it just wasn't fun and, on top of that, the points reward for getting cards didn't make sense since it didn't reward time spent in-game but only after finishing a mission, and the difference of points with higher difficulty was negligible.
After 1 hours of tries and success you ended up with barely the amount of point to get one late card.

Basically everyone farmed points by replaying the first difficulty and we didn't want that, we just ended up dropping the game.

Their need to milk out the game backfired badly (gladly we had it on Game Pass..).

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Nice update! I still play and hope it gets a decent amount of updates! Also the wonder what the new co-op mode is

OP
OP
Nothing Loud

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Too little too late, we played the campaign at first difficulty but the second one was already quite a jump. Too much of special enemies spam, it just wasn't fun and, on top of that, the points reward for getting cards didn't make sense since it didn't reward time spent in-game but only after finishing a mission, and the difference of points with higher difficulty was negligible.
After 1 hours of tries and success you ended up with barely the amount of point to get one late card.

Basically everyone farmed points by replaying the first difficulty and we didn't want that, we just ended up dropping the game.

Their need to milk out the game backfired badly (gladly we had it on Game Pass..).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I enjoy it and I've beat the whole campaign with and without bots.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
Diff needs to be more manageable but yeah, great updates. I can't always get a 4 man squad that all cooperate.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Have they fixed the WASD movement on PC so it doesn't keeping snapping you around when changing direction making it feel like the game is stuttering?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hopefully they've improved the godawful bots, or SP is going to be atrocious.

I also still don't get the continue system and why it makes you load Fort Hope before you can just.. get back to the same mission you failed, if you want.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Hopefully they've improved the godawful bots, or SP is going to be atrocious.

I also still don't get the continue system and why it makes you load Fort Hope before you can just.. get back to the same mission you failed, if you want.
On the easiest difficulty, every level is a checkpoint, but on harder difficulties you have to do a series of levels before reaching a checkpoint, and running out of continues means you have to start over. The continues are probably still in place on recruit difficulty so you can't just keep failing and drawing cards indefinitely.

Yudoken

Jun 7, 2019
Game really didn't feel like the major inofficial sequel to L4D2, there are some things that really feel off and only was kinda OK to play. And despite it being on gamepass for "free" no one I know stick with it after a couple of hours which is a damn shame.

Playing this with randoms is a complete mess and I don't plan to touch it anytime soon. What a damn shame, I love L4D2 and even purchased and played dozens of hours of Evolve even with randoms. It took a while until Evolve got annoying and boring.

Man, what I would give for a L4D 3 (especially with VR support).

Last edited:

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The last balance update was quite the disaster. Played through the whole campaign, but fighting specials is simply not fun. Running meta is not the way I want to play, but sadly the game doesn't really give you another option on higher difficulties.

I will keep an eye on b4b, but for now it's too discouraging to play the game in this state.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
On the easiest difficulty, every level is a checkpoint, but on harder difficulties you have to do a series of levels before reaching a checkpoint, and running out of continues means you have to start over. The continues are probably still in place on recruit difficulty so you can't just keep failing and drawing cards indefinitely.

Ahh, I guess that makes sense.

If it was me I would've disabled additional card draws or just let people keep drawing them as a form of balancing (suck at the game? Here are more cards!)

I didn't know checkpoints are spaced across levels in harder difficulty modes. I've just been playing on the first difficulty because the random "here's seventeen mutations and a boss" spawns are a real unfair pain in the neck. I can't even imagine the pain of losing several levels of progress after that BS.

Deleted member 9207

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly would've preferred a game with no "advancement" system. L4D2 was always a skill-based game.

terrible1fi

Jun 4, 2019
Where is the fix for the bad aiming feel on console? Love the game but I haven't played in a while due to how clunky it feels to aim