• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
FBMAJSbVgAc2g72

I ti coop game but locking some of those things is kinda sh*tty.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
They just keep saying all the wrong things.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Man I was hoping to play this solo at first since I have a newborn and limited time to play. Guess it's on Game Pass so i'll play through it first this way.

Also what are accomplishments? Do they affect gameplay at all? Is that a big thing that would be missing?

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was already lukewarm on this game, but why cant I earn progress in solo play? What's gonna happen? Will I become too POWERFUL?

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
So I don't care about stats and achievement unlocking. What are supply points? Do they stop you from getting new kit/skills/maps?

Jun 20, 2021
Man I was hoping to play this solo at first since I have a newborn and limited time to play. Guess it's on Game Pass so i'll play through it first this way.

Also what are accomplishments? Do they affect gameplay at all? Is that a big thing that would be missing?
In-game achievements/challenges system I'm guessing.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
What the hell man.

I want to buy the game for solo play but this just makes me put this on low priority - gonna wait for a steep steep discount or availability on humble.

Solo mode explanation

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
you're missing the context: when you play this offline version, you get a massive number of in-game cards unlocked to toy with and mix/match decks from the start. there's no progression because you play it in a "cheat"/poggers manner.

I'm still mulling how I feel about it, but that context is required to understand what's going on.

EDIT: Since this is threadmarked:

The above use of "offline" is not quite accurate. It means solo play without matchmaking or inviting your friends. This is an always-online game that does not boot without logging into WB Games' servers.

Progression requires entering an online queue, and you can do this with people in your friends list (either B4B's cross-plat list, or your own platform's native friends list), online randos, or a mix of the two.

Last edited:

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
you're missing the context: when you play this offline version, you get a massive number of in-game cards unlocked to toy with and mix/match decks from the start. there's no progression because you play it in a "cheat"/poggers manner.

I'm still mulling how I feel about it, but that context is required to understand what's going on.

Well that's fine in context...

...but that makes it sound like SP is more of a Training/Demo Mode for Multiplayer.

What are Accomplishments anyway?

Devs really punishing players for something they decided to implement. Why even make solo possible at all.

Yup, yup! People just asked for a Left 4 Dead 3, but they added these cards and other things which made them have to alter Single Player.

mudron

Feb 13, 2020

They'd best get better at the messaging about the game, then, because headlines like this can kill the game in its crib if they're not careful.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Devs really punishing players for something they decided to implement. Why even make solo possible at all.

-Hyperion-

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 14, 2021
The detailed explanation doesn't seem that bad. "Locked progression" makes me think you're stuck with the starting weapons and a Level 1 character for the whole game, or you even can't unlock the next mission until you do it online.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
What a dumb thing to do. Everything about this game has felt forced and anti-player since the beta sessions, and this just adds to that.

Keep it.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Isn't game always online?

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017

They should at the very least give people the option to earn points in SP mode even if it's more difficult as some people may alternate between SP and MP.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I was hoping the solo play would be robust enough for me to possibly try this on GamePass, but lolnope

Oct 27, 2017
Decks? Cards? Looks like I need to read up on this game >_>

I'll be renting this, so it's not quite a deal breaker for me. Yet.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017

I think not being able to earn Supply Points really sucks for those who care about cosmetics because at least at the time of the last beta, there were cosmetic things you could get on the lines/paths you spent Supply Points on, so Solo players can just be locked out of cosmetic progression, even if they have all the cards from the get go.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

a snippet from my day-one stream yesterday that looks at how this appears in the deck-management menus

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017

So I don't care about stats and achievement unlocking. What are supply points? Do they stop you from getting new kit/skills/maps?

Accomplishments are just normal achievements/trophies and ingame achievements to unlock more supply points to buy cards/sprays.

All cards are unlocked already in solomode anyways so it's more like a practice mode.

King_Frost

Aug 16, 2020
I like how this went from an almost instant buy from me to wait and see to definitely not over the past few months. It feels like they don't know what made Left 4 Dead so magical and fun. I hope I'm wrong and this game is good, but I got the sneaking suspicion I'm not.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Not even worth the gamepass download at this point. Waste of HDD space if I can't progress solo.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
They lucked out with the game pass deal, I think. This game would be DoA instantly I think - but at least now it'll have a chance to have a player base to start off.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Accomplishments are just normal achievements/trophies and ingame achievements to unlock more supply points to buy cards/sprays.

All cards are unlocked already in solomode anyways so it's more like a practice mode.
Damn so you can't even get achievements in solo mode? That's ridiculous. Oh well guess I'll just jump into random multiplayer lobbies when I have time to play. Not the ideal way to play it - sucks that they don't even give you the real option to play it solo.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
They'd best get better at the messaging about the game, then, because headlines like this can kill the game in its crib if they're not careful.

This is neither a PR statement nor an interview with a journalist/media source, this is a screenshot posted on a video game forum. How about put down your pitchforks and agenda against this game and if it doesn't interest you anymore then that's fine. However, I would like to learn more about this game, without a bunch of insufferable posts where people jump to conclusions making it difficult in the process.