• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Sometimes I'm in the mood for the crunchiness of slightly overcooked bacon, sometimes I just want perfectly cooked bacon. Bacon is magical like that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
What you mean is, UK Bacon is so tasty it can be all you have and it's amazing:
IdXhvcx.jpg
(p.s. just ate this goddamn)
This reminds me of something...

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
It's just back bacon vs belly bacon. We have "US bacon" everywhere here in the UK, we just call it "Streaky bacon"; I'm sure you wrap it around your sausages at christmas time.

Now you've done it.

US Pigs in Blankets look like sausage rolls, although I believe the pastry is different.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
What you mean is, UK Bacon is so tasty it can be all you have and it's amazing:
IdXhvcx.jpg
(p.s. just ate this goddamn)

Whereas US Bacon can take a $15 Burger and be the worst part about it:
GnzYWkg.jpg

Why would anyone want to add burntness to their meal?
I was given bacon and eggs and it was just eggs with a side of crispy.

That all looks delicious. This thread has made me very hungry.

That first picture....heh....looks good.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
American bacon is truly awful on every conceivable level. It's a perfect reflection of American 'culture'.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
What a thread to wake up to. Think I'm going to crack me open a couple of eggs, make some hashbrowns and bacon.

I'm also disappointed the person with the username "bacon" was tagged and has nothing to say after 4 pages.

BlueBadger

Oct 26, 2017
I like bacon with a bit of a crunchy exterior to it, which comes from properly cooked American bacon. Great in a sandwich.

I can only really have bacon in a sandwich or on toast though tbh. Just eating it on its own with a fork doesn't do much for me, for some reason.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I like the crispies on me bacon.
Gimmie all the crispies.

Also here is 20 minutes of a butcher cutting up 1/2 a pig.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand the "versus" mentality here. Both are amazing. Crispy thin bacon is incredible if you've never had it before, but it's not the same as the thicker, less crispy UK version obviously.

Oct 28, 2017
A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES...

beef bacon

beef-bacon-smoked.jpg

For those that cannot partake of the swine...this stuff, fresh from the butcher!!! DAMN SON!

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Yo, I got an Anova Sous Vide cooker for Christmas and for some reason I've only just now realized I can make SOUS VIDE BACON. HELL YES.

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/11/overnight-sous-vide-bacon-recipe.html

From the link:

"I was skeptical of the idea of sous vide bacon. I generally prefer my bacon cooked completely crisp, rather than trying to get bacon that's crisp and moist at the same time. But bacon cooked sous vide overnight is the first I've ever tasted that delivers on that moist-and-crisp promise. It's crispy on the exterior as you bite into it, but it quite literally melts in your mouth, like the finest confit pork belly, as you chew"

TONIGHT

1317386000_baby_on_back_seat_really_likes_music.gif

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you, OP!

And for that matter, why does anybody eat pizza?

main-qimg-052354ea5543ffd45b03eab59aac8457-c

Look at that, its a disgusting food.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
Back bacon appears to be the standard bacon in Aus.

I think that middle bacon is the most common kind in Australia, which is kind of a half-way point between streaky and back bacon. In my experience most supermarkets sell a lot of short cut bacon, which is back bacon with minimal fat.

Short cut is my favourite because I dislike fat on any meat. I only like streaky bacon if it's super crispy to the point of almost being burnt, like the picture in the op, which is what I was always served while in the US.

This is ham:

dk1pQAl.jpg

Unlike bacon it's eaten cold. It also doesn't taste like bacon.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that middle bacon is the most common kind in Australia, which is kind of a half-way point between streaky and back bacon. In my experience most supermarkets sell a lot of short cut bacon, which is back bacon with minimal fat.

Short cut is my favourite because I dislike fat on any meat. I only like streaky bacon if it's super crispy to the point of almost being burnt, like the picture in the op, which is what I was always served while in the US.

This is ham:

dk1pQAl.jpg

Unlike bacon it's eaten cold. It also doesn't taste like bacon.

Yeah, short cut is basically the only style I buy. My dogs enjoy a bit of the meat off the edges and the medallion bit fits perfectly into sandwiches or under a fried egg. I haven't had the streaky bacon before, I don't think.

amokk0

Oct 27, 2017
Hahahah - have you ever heard that joke about why the British are such good sailors?

British food and British women.

Seriously, the English have no idea how to cook anything. It makes sense they'd interpret their bacon to be good.