• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Killer Klowns from Outer Space sign at Universal Orlando, getting ready for Halloween Horror Nights in a few weeks:
40194746_2321943537845635_9169597577430040576_n.jpg

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, I can't go this year but Killer Klowns is one of my favorite campy horror movies. I hope they have it again next year, they usually do them more than once.

I just wanted to thank you all for introducing me to Neil Breen and his movies. I'm not sure how i went this long without him in my life. As a thank you I got you all a gift. Enjoy, be sure to eat them straight from the can in your car.

FVVelFX.jpg

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ugh, I can't go this year but Killer Klowns is one of my favorite campy horror movies. I hope they have it again next year, they usually do them more than once.

I just wanted to thank you all for introducing me to Neil Breen and his movies. I'm not sure how i went this long without him in my life. As a thank you I got you all a gift. Enjoy, be sure to eat them straight from the can in your car.

FVVelFX.jpg

I just died of laughter mercury poisoning. Thank you

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This movie makes absolutely no sense, and is somehow too long, despite only being 5 and a half minutes long

It is glorious

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Halloween Horror Nights starts tonight; they had an employee preview last night and there's footage of the Killer Klowns scare zone:

They NAILED the costumes. I also like how they have the ice cream truck (complete with sound!) as well as the ice cream guys. Supposedly they will have a projection of the circus tent every 30 minutes, but it's not in the video.

I'm quite pleased. I'll be there Halloween night and November 2nd. Here's videos of all the scare zones, but Killer Klowns is the only one directly relevant to this thread. ;) https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/09/14/universal-orlando-weekly-preview-september-15-2018/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK5VnWoLD8Y (this one isn't in the above link for some fucking reason, there's 5 total)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
How's everyone's schedules? I'm good for Friday. Was thinking maybe a fall theme if possible?

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gonna have to hit up that site again for whatever we watch tomorrow. Just spent the last hour or so fighting a losing battle with Plex and rabbit, so anything from my library is out.

Good thing it has a healthy library itself!

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They added a bunch of new riff tracks movies to amazon. They are bad movies that come pre mocked. Is there a way to share that streaming service? I'm new to the sharing screen stuff so not sure if that's possible.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Uhhh, is the site we used last time working for you?
I just tried it and it redirects to the RLM Patreon page???

Uh oh

They added a bunch of new riff tracks movies to amazon. They are bad movies that come pre mocked. Is there a way to share that streaming service? I'm new to the sharing screen stuff so not sure if that's possible.

Fortunately, yes. Assuming Amazon US; I've tried the Canadian version before, but it didn't work. But I know other people who've had success with the US version

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Sure. It's pretty easy. I'll PM you a guide of sorts in an hour or two
Thanks. I tried getting started myself. Downloaded the Chrome extension. Not sure if there's anything else I need to do. I can provide a link. We doing 9:30 EDT/6:30 PDT still or maybe you and I should start early just to make sure it works?

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thanks. I tried getting started myself. Downloaded the Chrome extension. Not sure if there's anything else I need to do. I can provide a link. We doing 9:30 EDT/6:30 PDT still or maybe you and I should start early just to make sure it works?

Yeah, I can pop in early, just to be sure. But I'm sure it'll be fine

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So if y'all want to take a gander at Amazon Prime US beforehand in regards to a movie, go ahead. I was thinking the Rifftrax of Cool as Ice myself, but if you have any better ideas, I'm all for it. I will probably only be up for one movie as I'm still sick and recovering and I'm on Eastern time so it'll probably be after 11PM by the time the first movie is done.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Monster Squad is on Prime. But that's not a bad movie, it's an awesome movie.

Wolf man has nards!

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the link: Will try to get started by 9:15, need people to come in though to test. Thanks.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and made a discord server for us, feel free to join

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Potater!!

Here is a list of some of the movies discussed as potentials for subsequent weeks. We also talked about maybe doing a separate good horror night for October.

*On Amazon US

Dead End (on Shudder on Amazon for free)
Rawhead Rex
Dancing Ninja
*Toxic Avenger
Frankenhooker
*Chopping Mall
*Bad Taste
Dead Alive
Evil Dead 1/2 (1 is on Shudder)

I checked and none of these are on Netflix US. I've seen Chopping Mall and it's fun and would definitely be up for it again. Never seen Toxic Avenger but I know it's a "classic." Apparently Bad Taste is Peter Jackson's first feature film! Definitely interested now.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry my internet connection dropped last night, it's been screwy the last couple weeks at night.

I'm bad because I think most of those movies are great. Bad Taste is good. It's like what if you and your friends made a movie in high school but you actually had a little budget to do it.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry my internet connection dropped last night, it's been screwy the last couple weeks at night.

I'm bad because I think most of those movies are great. Bad Taste is good. It's like what if you and your friends made a movie in high school but you actually had a little budget to do it.
Yeah, Bad Taste is actually apparently a good movie. Has a high RT. Not all of those are meant to be bad. We were also discussing good horror as well for maybe a good horror night next month.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Bad Taste has some hilariously bad effects, but yeah, it's not a bad movie per se.

And you can definitely tell it's a PJ movie with the sweeping shots he's so fond of

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Some possible fun stuff coming to Amazon in October, both good and bad:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Child's Play
Curse of Chucky
Carrie
The Rage: Carrie 2

I'm thinking Texas Chainsaw 2 might be really fun for a bad movie night.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We were also discussing good horror as well for maybe a good horror night next month.

Probably a good time to start figuring out a date for that. To that end, a few updates:

1. Whatever issue I was having with Plex and Rabbit seems to be resolved. It was apparently a momentary hiccup, and I have successfully tested things on a few separate occasions in the past week. We should be good to go moving forward
  2. Unfortunately, I don't dip into the horror genre that often, so my personal horror library is heavily lacking, and...
  3. Given that Rabbit is incompatible with Canadian streaming services, if someone can take up the mantle of hosting whatever the good horror night movies are, you're awesome

Whatever we watch, I look forward to it

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I can't do Halloween itself, but for the most part I'd be good whenever. I'd be happy to host a horror night. There are good ones on Amazon and Netflix.

If someone wants a particular movie to be shown, let me know.

I was thinking perhaps next Friday so we have 2 weeks in between the bad movie nights?

Last edited:
OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Well, I can't do Halloween itself, but for the most part I'd be good whenever. I'd be happy to host a horror night. There are good ones on Amazon and Netflix.

If someone wants a particular movie to be shown, let me know.

I was thinking perhaps next Friday so we have 2 weeks in between the bad movie nights?

I'd be good with Friday, if everyone else is. My only real no goes aren't until the 20th/21st, so I'm very flexible.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
The 12th sounds good. Would like to do 8:30 EST/5:30 PST as usual.

I'll put up a list of horror shit that Amazon and Netflix has shortly. Basically the list we can choose from.