• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a list, obviously not exhaustive but what I found with some searches:

Amazon:
Child's Play
Curse of Chucky
The Return of the Living Dead
Jacob's Ladder
Pet Semetary
Monster Squad
VAMPIRE'S KISS (emphasis by me, not really horror but)
Carrie
Bad Taste
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Netflix:
The Shining
The Conjuring
The VVitch
Hellraiser
Cult of Chucky
Train to Busan
The Babysitter
It Follows
The Babadook
Scream 4
Teeth

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
From what I can remember, It Follows, Bad Taste, and Train to Busan are all pretty good. The Babysitter was surprisingly good too.

The rest I either haven't seen, or it's been too long to say anymore.

I am curious which version of Carrie that is though

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen most of the ones I've listed. I haven't seen Texas Chainsaw 2 or Bad Taste, but otherwise I've seen all of them and they are all at least decent.

It's the original Carrie. They also have one of the remakes lol.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking to myself randomly today, what was the first bad movie I went out of my way to watch KNOWING it was a bad movie? I came up with From Justin to Kelly, the 2003 contractually-obligated American Idol movie. It was so bad Kelly Clarkson only did it because she was contractually obligated. And I actually went into the city 20 minutes away to see it because the local theater wasn't playing it. I KNEW it was shit, but I HAD to see it because it looked hilarious. I was 15. It was worth it because boy was it bad. Random factoid: It costars Anika Noni Rose, who ended up voicing Princess Tiana in the Princess and the Frog and also costarred in Dreamgirls. So one person's career wasn't ruined.

Anyone else have stories?

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
For good ones, should watch the wailing and chopping mall
Def would cosign on Chopping Mall.

The Wailing is over 2.5 hours long and I'm not sure I want to commit to something that long when I'm hosting. I'm still nursing a stupid ass infection and I'm on est and that would mean we'd be done well after midnight. If I were well, I'd def be open to it.

I'm cool with slotting in Chopping Mall as the first movie unless there are any objections. I'm open to any suggestions for #2 as long as it's 2 hrs or less.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: Good(ish) Horror Movie Night tonight, 8:30 PM ET, will post the link here around 8.

Will kick it off with Chopping Mall. Second movie is TBD, but since Chopping Mall is a silly movie, something more serious would be good for the second. Hoping to keep it 2 hours or less if at all possible because I'm STILL under the weather. Will be something free on Amazon Prime and Netflix US- see upthread for a not quite comprehensive list. Planning to nap today so I have the stamina for tonight.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
weird weird. i definitely tried to enter the room awhile ago now; i wonder if rabbit is acting up again and not notifying you?

Edit: my bad, it didn't register my clicks

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really doubt I will be able to do this months viewing. Pretty sure my internet is going to be turned off by then.

Anyways I'm watching Howling 2 tonight after watching Howling last night.

Ho-ly Shit

Everyone involved in this movie was on crack. I have no fucking clue what I'm watching. Christopher Lee is in this shit but he looks like he downed a whole battle of Valium before each take to ease his soul. I literally spit Diet Coke out of my nose as they did that joke mini net scene from Kung Pow but seriously. And I lost it as the werewolf actor was trying to help them spread the net over himself to make it look like it actually covered more than just his chest.

I take back any other suggestion I gave, you all HAVE to watch this shit. It's unbelievable. It's on Amazon Prime Video.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I really doubt I will be able to do this months viewing. Pretty sure my internet is going to be turned off by then.

Anyways I'm watching Howling 2 tonight after watching Howling last night.

Ho-ly Shit

Everyone involved in this movie was on crack. I have no fucking clue what I'm watching. Christopher Lee is in this shit but he looks like he downed a whole battle of Valium before each take to ease his soul. I literally spit Diet Coke out of my nose as they did that joke mini net scene from Kung Pow but seriously. And I lost it as the werewolf actor was trying to help them spread the net over himself to make it look like it actually covered more than just his chest.

I take back any other suggestion I gave, you all HAVE to watch this shit. It's unbelievable. It's on Amazon Prime Video.
Okay, I've seen bits of this and I agree that we should watch it.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with watching it next Friday. 1000 Needles , do you have this movie? If not I got the goods.

Do you need to watch Howling to understand it?

Last edited:

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm cool with watching it next Friday. 1000 Needles , do you have this movie? If not I got the goods.

Do you need to watching Howling to understand it?

There is nothing you can watch beforehand that will help you understand this movie. Except maybe certain mushrooms. And an appreciation for Japanese game inspired fashion.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So my health has been a trashfire and I'm tired from it and work. Was trying to figure out what to do......... and Troll 2 popped up. It's on Amazon, may as well!

Also, I watched The Lawnmower Man Director's Cut (or most of it- it's 2hrs 20min long and I had to get up early for work) with another group last night. It was... a film. Definitely worth checking out for bad movie fans. I'm not sure I'd go with the Director's Cut though- I think most of the stuff you need to see is in the regular version anyway. There's a reason why Stephen King sued to remove his name from the movie title, marketing, and credits.

Per wiki:
The film was originally titled Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man, but King successfully sued the producers for attaching his name to the film and stated in court documents that the film "bore no meaningful resemblance" to his story.

After two court rulings in King's favor, New Line still did not comply and initially released the home video version as Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man. The success of the unrated version alerted King to New Line's continued defiance of the order that his name be stricken from the film's credits and all marketing as the back covers stated "Based on a Story by Stephen King". A third court order was needed to force the studio's compliance. As before, the court upheld the two prior judgments, but it took the extra step of imposing a penalty of $10,000 directly payable to King for every day New Line remained in contempt by defying the order. Additionally, the studio would have to forfeit all profits earned on the film during that same period.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We still on for tomorrow? I can part host or host entirely if there's another thing on Amazon US you'd want to watch.

In Bad Movie News, Peter Jackson is doing 4K restorations of Bad Taste, Dead Alive, and Meet the Feebles!
https://news.avclub.com/peter-jacks...Zix4F1pmaLdimd_Dh3QKWqSKBinlnKfVxMX1LJOBuaIeA

I'm uncertain if I'll be able to make it tomorrow, have some family related stuff up in the air right now. But don't let that stop you guys from watching something, if I can't make it.

And very cool about the 4k restorations

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for letting me know. I will host then for at least the first half. Howling 2/TBD. 8:30 PM ET

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I still have internet tomorrow night it looks like I might be able to make it.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm supposed to be meeting friends at a bar for the Dodger game so I'll have to skip this one

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
my internet finally got turned off today so i wont be able to make it either, sorry all. I'll be settled in next month at my new place though for turkey day.
Oh noooooo

Well I'll set up and if no one comes, we can just postpone. I can't do next week though, on vacation.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Ponn you were absolutely right about Howling 2. Absolutely batshit movie. There's also a Howling 3! We should watch that sometime; it sounds even crazier.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ponn you were absolutely right about Howling 2. Absolutely batshit movie. There's also a Howling 3! We should watch that sometime; it sounds even crazier.

And that ending credit and song was just like what the hell?! I loved her outfit though, it was like straight out of zone of Enders or a jrpg.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Right, I've been meaning to say. There was some talk in the Discord late last week of stepping up to a twice monthly schedule (more movies, yay!)

So yes, 30th for sure, but also this Friday, if people are up for it. But since people might obviously be unavailable due to US Thanksgiving, we can save themed movies for the 30th

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have Poultrygeist, which I've never successfully sat through in its entirety. It is... it's something.

I'm sure there's others though

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, forgot about Poultrygeist.

Too bad Eli Roth never made Thanksgiving a feature length film.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay, if we're doing it tomorrow I may have to miss the first movie.
I have classes until probably 4:30 or 5:30, and then I have to get a new ID and pick up a parcel...

Edit: nevermind, I just got an email saying the lab is cancelled, so I get off at 3:30 at the latest.
May still be a little late, though, depending on how long the ID thing takes...

Last edited:
OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Starting in about 30. Microwave Massacre to start, and we can play by ear for the 2nd

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Just a reminder that there will be another movie night tomorrow, usual time. What movies are still very much up in the air

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Hooray.

I have Howling 3, Miami Connection (with or without Rifftrax), and Plan 9 from Outer Space (w/Rifftrax) on Amazon if no one else has any ideas.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Starting shortly. While I have Fist of the North Star currently setup, I have no issues if people would prefer to watch something else.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry all. My move didn't go so smoothly. I injured my leg loading the truck and because I have a crappy immune system it got infected and spread to both of my legs. I spent a week in the hospital, celebrated my birthday with a hospital oatmeal cookie. I'm hopefully on the mend and will be able to join in for the December watch.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sorry all. My move didn't go so smoothly. I injured my leg loading the truck and because I have a crappy immune system it got infected and spread to both of my legs. I spent a week in the hospital, celebrated my birthday with a hospital oatmeal cookie. I'm hopefully on the mend and will be able to join in for the December watch.

Sorry to hear that, hope you recover quickly. And happy belated birthday