• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry all. My move didn't go so smoothly. I injured my leg loading the truck and because I have a crappy immune system it got infected and spread to both of my legs. I spent a week in the hospital, celebrated my birthday with a hospital oatmeal cookie. I'm hopefully on the mend and will be able to join in for the December watch.
Awww, don't be sorry. Hope you are 100% soon.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, do we want to do the next one tomorrow or Saturday? Frimaire mentioned in the discord that he'd be likely late Friday; I probably wouldn't be able to make Saturday, so someone else would have to host, but whatever works for the most people is best

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm free Saturday but I could do Friday too I would just be late as well.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Thinking maybe we should start a little later tonight, to minimize how much Frimaire and Ponn would miss due to being late. 9 EST ok with people? Or just the usual time? (As I know Linkura isn't always able to do the 2nd)

There was a special request in the Discord to watch "Clear Blue Tuesday" (a musical that's incredibly loosely connected to the events of 9/11, set over the course of ~7 years), so thinking that and "Silent Night, Deadly Night 2"

Last edited:
OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I won't actually be able to make it after all, if you don't mind taking on hosting duties. Both movies are on YT, and I can send links a little later.

Or delay, whatever. I'm flexible to peoples needs

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'll open up at 8:30 and probably wait until we get several people or 9, whichever is first.

If you could send the links so I have the right ones, that'd be appreciated. Thanks!

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Link, feel free to stop in now while I get some grub. Will be ready to start at 8:30 but will wait until we get a decent group.

https://www.rabb.it/Linkura

Unfortunately it seems like hide link is broken now. If anyone knows how to fix let me know.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Since I wasn't feeling well, I cut it short at 1 movie last night. But I also said we could do at least 1 movie next Friday as well to make up for it. Any interest/availability? 1000 Needles was able to procure Santa with Muscles and that would have been the 2nd last night.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on Facebook:
48362636_10212603004219346_946264866782445568_n.jpg

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't that be "Khristmas"? From Outer Space?

/ still cool though
// pedant rant

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Guys we need to watch The Uninvited at some point. It was featured on the latest RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst show. It looks amazing and it's free on Amazon.

I am STILL FUCKING SICK though (I think I got a cold on top of a cold), and don't want to host until I feel better because it generally means only watching one movie per night, which isn't fair to everyone else.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Guys we need to watch The Uninvited at some point. It was featured on the latest RedLetterMedia's Best of the Worst show. It looks amazing and it's free on Amazon.

I am STILL FUCKING SICK though (I think I got a cold on top of a cold), and don't want to host until I feel better because it generally means only watching one movie per night, which isn't fair to everyone else.

Definitely worth adding to the list. And sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Anyhow, I can host tomorrow, I've got Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 (and not the awful version on YouTube, thank baby jesus) and Christmas Evil all set to go - I'm pretty sure we did the latter last year, but it was requested for this year, so why not. I'll make sure it's the 2nd one tomorrow so you don't miss out

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely worth adding to the list. And sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. Anyhow, I can host tomorrow, I've got Silent Night, Deadly Night 2 (and not the awful version on YouTube, thank baby jesus) and Christmas Evil all set to go - I'm pretty sure we did the latter last year, but it was requested for this year, so why not. I'll make sure it's the 2nd one tomorrow so you don't miss out
Excellent!! Hopefully I can make it. Thank you. <3

I don't think I watched Christmas Evil (could have done it last year but I had to go early, maybe?), but that's okay. I'll just stay as long as I can. <3

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching more Best of the Worst episodes and The Pit (1981) looks like a good choice for a Bad Movie Night. It's on Youtube too.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Uninvited yesterday, didn't want to wait for a potential Bad Movie Night. Gets my seal of approval.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
1. Watched The Pit a couple days ago. Definitely worth watching. The lead role is a 12 year old boy and he actually sells it pretty well. He's heavy handed, but it fits with the tone of it being a Bad Movie.
2. Tried watching a movie with another group tonight on Rabbit, someone else hosting. Even after doing a hard reboot of my machine it didn't work. Really hope it's just a one time glitch.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll just keep talking to myself. It's ok, I know most people are on the Discord.

I just watched Howling 3. That was a movie. VERY different from 2. And very odd in so many ways. One of the mains kind of looks like Justin Trudeau and it's kind of distracting. Also there's a meta element because a small portion of it is on a bad horror movie set.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
1. Yes
2. I'm fine with that
3. That's why I came to this thread just now, lol

Edit: awhile back Frimaire suggested "The Peanut Butter Solution", an odd sounding Canadian made horror movie, I think? I'm down to watch that, it is on youtube

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I have some suggestions if we don't have any movies. Are we gonna watch that other Japanese film?

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay, I'll probably be slightly late if we're watching them today (like 5:45 maybe 6)
It's fine to start before then, though

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon Prime has a surprisingly good exploitation section. You can really go down the rabbit hole exploring the "customers also watched" tab. That's how I discovered Vicious Lips. It's objectively bad, but it has a shockingly good soundtrack. I was really blown away. A true gem, so long as you ignore most of the film around the music.

visciouslips4ijit.jpg