• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
20 years ago today, the greatest Star Wars prequel movie came out. Do yourselves a favor and go watch it. Yippee!

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There are 2 more Cube movies I have available, otherwise I'll defer to Frimaire on that. He's been knocking it out of the park lately

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay, I had a bunch of options for Canadian movies, 'cause there are a lot of bad ones:
Things(1989) - particularity infamous for it's low quality, but also probably the most Canadian film there is. Mostly consists of a couple of guys getting drunk in a cabin.
Jacob Two-Two meets the Hooded Fang(1978) - based on a semi-popular Canadian children's book (That I though was written way later than the 70s)
Jacob Two-Two meets the Hooded Fang(1999) - They made another one, apparently, and this one stars Gary Busey as the Hooded Fang
The Final Sacrifice(1990) - Best known for it's appearance on MST3K. Features Rowsdower.
No Deposit(2015) - A crime-drama vanity project by an Ontario energy drink magnate. Probably not very good.
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter(2001) - Self-explanatory.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh man, I remember reading Jacob Two-Two books.

Anyhow, looks like both versions of Jacob Two Two, both The Final Sacrifice versions (original and MST3K), and Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter are all readily available.

No Deposit is also available for rental, $5, but if it's just some energy drink magnate vanity project - probably not worth it, but at the same time, cheap enough that it wouldn't be an issue.

We definitely have options!

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
We can milk zombies for a long ass time if we want, lol. Some of the below do play somewhat loose with the theme, so keep that in mind. And this is all before even seeing what youtube has available

Bigfoot vs zombies
A scientist creates a toxic cocktail that is accidentally unleashed into the local population and a nearby police "body farm" - creating a small army of flesh-eating zombies - and only one creature of legend, a killer in his own right, can stop the growing hordes of the undead and save humanity.

Dead Heat
A cop and his undead partner must chase down the diabolical villain who killed him.

Dead Snow 2: Red vs Dead
Still on the run from a group of Nazi zombies, a man seeks the aid of a group of American zombie enthusiasts, and discovers new techniques for fighting the zombies.

Maniac (1934)
A former vaudevillian gifted at impersonation assists a mad scientist in reanimating corpses and soon goes mad himself.

Patient Zero
After an unprecedented global pandemic turns the majority of humankind into violent "Infected," a man gifted with the ability to speak the Infected's new language leads the last survivors on a hunt for Patient Zero and a cure.

Planet Terror
After an experimental bio-weapon is released, turning thousands into zombie-like creatures, it's up to a rag-tag group of survivors to stop the infected and those behind its release

Re-Animator
After an odd new medical student arrives on campus, a dedicated local and his girlfriend become involved in bizarre experiments centering around the re-animation of dead tissue.

Slither (not actually sure if this belongs in a bad movie night, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)
A small town is taken over by an alien plague, turning residents into zombies and all forms of mutant monsters.

Splinter
Trapped in an isolated gas station by a voracious Splinter parasite that transforms its still-living victims into deadly hosts, a young couple and an escaped convict must find a way to work together to survive this primal terror.

The Coed and the Zombie Stoner
When a nerdy sorority girl falls in love with a zombie, it's only a matter of time before a zombie apocalypse is unleashed on campus. The sorority girl discovers that weed is the cure--now she must smoke out the entire school before it's too late.

The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!?
Jerry falls in love with a stripper he meets at a carnival. Little does he know that she is the sister of a gypsy fortune teller whose predictions he had scoffed at earlier. The gypsy turns him into a zombie and he goes on a killing spree.

The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
A bad scientist and wife, a mad scientist and skeleton, two aliens and their escaped pet are all searching for the elusive element "atmospherium"

The Stuff
A delicious, mysterious goo that oozes from the earth is marketed as the newest dessert sensation, but the tasty treat rots more than teeth when zombie-like snackers who only want to consume more of the strange substance at any cost begin infesting the world.

What We Do in the Shadows
Viago, Deacon and Vladislav are vampires who are finding that modern life has them struggling with the mundane - like paying rent, keeping up with the chore wheel, trying to get into nightclubs and overcoming flatmate conflicts.

Vampire Killers (also known as Lesbian Vampire Killers)
Their women having been enslaved by the local pack of lesbian vampires thanks to an ancient curse, the remaining menfolk of a rural town send two hapless young lads out onto the moors as a sacrifice.

Zombeavers (a personal favorite)
A fun weekend turns into madness and horror for a bunch of groupies looking for fun in a beaver infested swamp.

Zombie Ninjas vs Black Ops
An elite black ops team battles for survival against an indestructible force of zombie ninjas.

Zoombies
When a strange virus quickly spreads through a safari park and turns all the zoo animals undead, those left in the park must stop the creatures before they escape and zombify the whole city.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
What We Do in the Shadows isn't really zombies nor a bad movie. It's really, really good.

I recently rewatched Slither and not really a bad movie either.

Re-Animator isn't bad either but I wouldn't mind seeing it again. It's been many years.

Saw Planet Terror when it came out in theaters. It's ok.

But I'd be down for just about anything.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What We Do in the Shadows isn't really zombies nor a bad movie. It's really, really good.

I recently rewatched Slither and not really a bad movie either.

Re-Animator isn't bad either but I wouldn't mind seeing it again. It's been many years.

Saw Planet Terror when it came out in theaters. It's ok.

But I'd be down for just about anything.

Yeah, What We Do was more thrown in as loosely playing with the theme, since they're undead. Though it's been awhile since I've seen it.

Good to know on the other stuff. A lot of it was a movie dump from a friend, so I just had to guess, there could be legitimately good stuff that slipped in

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
My husband and I watched The Bye Bye Man on Netflix earlier today. We knew it was supposed to be awful and that it would probably be so bad it's bad and not even finish it. We were wrong. It surpassed all my expectations for a bad movie. The real star is the so-bad-it's-good script, particularly in the first half of the film. The main characters are college students and they do not talk or act like ones at all. The couple honestly acts like an old married couple, yet they're supposed to be college students. I told my husband this had to have been written by some baby boomer who has no idea what college students act like. Sure enough, I was correct. Not only that, it was written and directed by a husband-wife duo, respectively, who hadn't had credited work per wiki in over a decade. This combined with a higher than usual bad movie budget of ~$7 mil (it still made back 3-4x the budget) makes for a magical film. The special effects still suck terribly even with the $7 mil budget! And it's PG-13, probably mandated by the studio as they knew they could make their money back on a shitty movie thanks to stupid teens eager for a horror movie, so no b00bs and no blood when people are shot point-blank! Also Carrie-Ann Moss and ACADEMY AWARD WINNER Faye Dunaway are in it and I don't know why.

It's definitely worth a shot and I wouldn't mind putting it up for a bad movie night if you are all interested. I have Netflix till the 21st of July I believe (subbed for a month for Stranger Things and anything else that would catch my fancy, lol).

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, and if you have any other ideas for shitty movies that are on US Netflix, let me know. They don't really have as good of a selection upon first glance as Amazon.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
I've been pretty thrilled with Night Flight Plus. It was the best show of the 80s. One of the few places for avant-garde obscure stuff. Their streaming service is great. Whole episodes, tons of music concerts and documentaries, and a great selection of trash films from Blue Underground, Something Weird, and Severin. And it's cheap too. Highly recommended!

https://www.nightflightplus.com/

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you very much for posting this here even though you aren't a regular. It is very appreciated.

It looks like the site is still up for now? But obviously it will inevitably shut down. I do know we tried another site once that seemed to work okay but still region-locked stuff if it was region-locked on YT. I can't remember the name of the site but I'm sure the others do. I guess we'll have to move to that.

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

yckmd_

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Y'all in here talkin' Canadian movies? Huge fan of Canuxploitation (have hung out with the guy who created that site a number of times! he's the nicest dude.)
I got a podcast series on Canadian horror if anyone is interested.

Is there a discord or anything for these movie nights? Also if anyone is interested in watching some b-movies together on the internet, hit up my discord here, we do weekly-ish online screenings of weird/cult movies. This week we're doing a Canadian cult-classic, CRIME WAVE!

OP
OP

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What was the name of that site? Wanted to tell another group I'm a part of about it.

Watch2gether, it's one of the alternatives in that link Penguin posted, actually.

Y'all in here talkin' Canadian movies? Huge fan of Canuxploitation (have hung out with the guy who created that site a number of times! he's the nicest dude.)
I got a podcast series on Canadian horror if anyone is interested.

Is there a discord or anything for these movie nights? Also if anyone is interested in watching some b-movies together on the internet, hit up my discord here, we do weekly-ish online screenings of weird/cult movies. This week we're doing a Canadian cult-classic, CRIME WAVE!

There is a discord, but it's not very active. PM me if you want a link

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I thought it was agreed 2 weeks ago that someone couldn't make it this week and we'd have to postpone. I'm good for next week.